63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

Glad to see that several have finished their 63 square ghan!!! WooHoo!! that is so awesome!

I am still in the "wannabe'' category. :) I'm in a square crocheting mood this week....so maybe I can churn out some more squares.

I've done a whopping 6. LOL. Gee....6 down....only 57 to go. Anyone else not even close to being done yet?? Or am I standing alone...like the cheese?? :)

I love this ghan, and I want to finish it SOOOO bad, but for some reason it always gets pushed to the back of my craft basket.

*scheduling crochet time for tonight. Make dinner, do laundry, clean kitchen and livingroom, bathe and put baby to bed......then CROCHET squares!!!*

Hugs! Juli

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Just posted pics of my finished ghan on my blog! Thanks so much, everyone, for all the support. :hug

Juli and Barbara, just hang in there with the ghan! It took me forever but it was definitely worth it.

Julie, I used Caron Simply Soft, which has no dye lot. I bought my skeins as I went along and didn't have to worry about finding the exact color. Good luck with your ghan!

Tandi, the 'ghan is wicked pissa as they say in my neck of the woods!

That means it's GREAT! Isn't it nice to just sit back and admire it?

I'm proud of ya!

Just posted pics of my finished ghan on my blog! Thanks so much, everyone, for all the support. :hug

Juli and Barbara, just hang in there with the ghan! It took me forever but it was definitely worth it.

Julie, I used Caron Simply Soft, which has no dye lot. I bought my skeins as I went along and didn't have to worry about finding the exact color. Good luck with your ghan!

Oh wow I love the colors you did yours with!!!! I finished up square 23 last night, doing them all in sequence since it just seems easier that way. I have the same brown shade in mine, but using a country blue and country green with it. I really do love the way yours turned out though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Ann

No, I don't think it's too late to join. The main crowd still working on this is over at the other CAL-- called 63 squares CAL . It's still in the active file of CAL's . You may find more activity and others working on it over there .

Good luck !

• 1 month later...

Hi Donna

Well, I'll drop in here and say welcome to you -- I think the rest of the 63 gang is over at the other thread, but you can post about it wherever you want I guess !

What colors are you using, or did I ask you that over at the other thread already ?

this is funny because i started this project yesterday! unfourtunately i am a fairly new crocheter and am thoroughly stuck on this chevron square (#3) i hope this doesn't mean i'll be doomed for the rest of the project! if you wouldn't mind helping me along here and there i'd be glad to post progress daily (well, almost daily).

Hi Lisa and welcome !

The chevron square gave a lot of people some trouble -- if you go back to some of the beginning posts under this thread, you'll find more specific directions for it, OR go over to the other thread titled 63 squares CAL --- that's where most all the remaining people are who are currently working on it. There, you may get some people to give you a hand. There have been quite a few new ones just recently sign in to do this, so there should be some more action there.

Good luck !:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I been reading the Posts of 63 wannabe. I would like to join. Right, I am making afghan for a friend of my. Can I use my left over yarn. I have alots of yarn left over. And where can you get the book,

Hi Paula

The book is available in just about every walmart ,if you have one handy in your area, or there are usually some on ebay .Yes, you could definitely use all different colors for it if that's what you want to do .

There is another thread in the CAL section that is more active than this, it's just titled 63 squares CAL. There are some ladies there currently working on it .

Good luck ! :)

Archived