63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't started my squares yet. I have been looking through the patterns in the book though. I have been having trouble with my right hand, so I can't crochet for very long. Not sure what is going on with it. If I had to geuss, I would say arthritis, I know crocheting is good for that, but the pain gets so bad I can't hold the hook. Hope to get to the bottom of this soon, so I can get things done for christmas plus my squares.

Tonyasewingbearby.jpg

Hi Tonya

Have you tried one of those rubber things that slide onto a crochet hook, I don't know what they're called, but the fit onto your hook so that it is padded . I thought maybe that'd help a little .

And go ahead Celeste---

I dare you to try and catch up with me !!! You've got at least a day or two that I won't get to work on mine , plus the grandbaby will be here again tomorrow for 4 days ,so my work will slow down then !

You've got a chance to pull out in front here if you try !

Thanks, JulieKay and Celeste! :) I don't know what I'm more jazzed about...my progress on the squares or my progress with the technology! :lol Either way I'm planning on getting 14 and 15 done today. Any more than that...I don't know...I don't think I can catch up with you, JulieKay! ;)

As for tv shows, let's see...I've gotten to be a reality tv junkie. I know it's terrible. I either have worse taste in tv shows as I get older or I'm now old enough to know better! My daughter and I never miss an episode of Amazing Race or Survivor. Martha's comeback has gotten me interested in both The Apprentice (with The Donald) and The Apprentice: Martha Stewart. Then there's Desperate Housewives and Boston Legal. I should watch Law & Order again, I used to watch it a few years back. Yikes! What a long list of shows! :eek

Well, I've made it square 4. My goal is at least one square a day, if not more..but at least one. I also like (though I detest doing it) edging them as I go, plus weaving in all yarn ends as I go. That way, when I'm done, it's just sewing them together!

So, here's the colors.

th_100_6260.jpg

Clickable thumbnail :)

Pardon the wonkieness, they seem to enjoy that. I don't know if I'm going to block them, or just trust that the weight of them sewn together will pull them even.

Uh Oh, Celeste--- you have me worried . I be tyou can catch up with me this week.

Sue- Sounds like you're going great guns too ! ( And glad to see another Survivor fan out here ! ) Who do you like on the new one, have you picked yet ?

Just wanted to shout out a special message for you ladies out there that have made the commitment to get this thing done-- you have worked your hearts out this week !

So here are all the celebration smilies I could find to award you :

:cheer:clap:yay:hug:manyheart:flower :2hug :dance:bounce:h5:day:tup:heart:2magic:mdust

Let's see if we can keep the momentum going for another week !

Look out below, guys, but I am getting these other afghan squares joined fairly quickly ,so I will be back in the race sooner than expected .

Now, Celeste -- you'd better watch YOUR back ! :eek:lol

Let's do a Monday checkup -- how are you all coming along at this point ?

I am now working on my 32nd square .

Vickie -

Country Bumpkin -- I love that name -- very cute !

Welcome to the gang - jump right in . what colors are you going to use ? And holler for help if you need any ! This is a nice group of ladies here !

Celeste, looks like we are both a little sidetracked this week, but it won't keep us down for long , we've got afghans to finish , Right ?

Welcome, Country Bumpkin! :waving This group has been a great motivation to keep the progress going on this project.

I hit a wall yesterday, boo hoo. I completed square 14 then had to go out with hubby funiture shopping. When I got back, my hook was missing! :( I don't know if I didn't put it away, put it down some mysterious location or if the cat got to it! At any rate, it's gone so I had to use another brand hook. I've learned that different brands can yield different results. Well, I started 15 anyway only to run out of pink yarn half way through. :angry

Luckily, Michael's is only a short drive away and the new yarn is supposed to be here today. I had ordered some last week. :) I will get back on track today.

JulieKay, I don't think I have a favorite survivor yet. I haven't seen enough of everyone. I think Gary, the QB, is going to get exposed and his deception will back fire big time! I'm kind of rooting for Stephanie, she seems pretty smart and for some strange reason, I like the doorman dude. He was pretty funny about the noisy monkey. We shall see what happens! :monkey

Sue,

Sorry about that brick wall .............:bang Kick it down and keep moving . I know if you use different brand hooks, the tension does seem different . That was funny when you said the cat might have gotten it . Would your cat REALLY take your hook, and what would he DO with it ? ( You can tell I don't own any pets ):lol Mine usually falls down in the side of my chair cushion and I have to dig way down in, and run my arm halfway to the floor to dig it out . My grandson used to wander off with mine once in awhile, but he doesn't pay any attention to them anymore .

I hope your store got more of the color in you were waiting on . Here's your chance to make up some ground-- me and Celeste have some other projects we need to work on this week ,so if any of you all want to speed ahead of us, here's your opportunity .

Yes, I agree,on Survivor the football player's days are probably numbered, although I think he might go pretty far . He's pretty tough and doesn't really offend anyone too much, but he's kinda stepping in and taking over more than he should or he's gonna step on some toes .

I too like Steph -- I wanted her to win SO bad the last time -- she is TOUGH .

I also like the doorman guy, he is hilarious, talking about that monkey that wouldnt shut up. I thought, oh no, here they go, theyre gonna get a spear and kill that monkey for food . We'll be able to pick favorites easier as time goes on, it takes awhile to get to know everyone . I also like that Lydia, I think her name is. I think she's a lot tougher than theyre giving her credit for .

Take your cat down and force him to tell you where the hook is, or no more FRISKY CATS treats for him. Maybe he'll spill the beans then !!!:cat

Welcome, Country Bumpkin! :waving This group has been a great motivation to keep the progress going on this project.

I hit a wall yesterday, boo hoo. I completed square 14 then had to go out with hubby funiture shopping. When I got back, my hook was missing!

This is exactly what I wanted, the motivation to keep going and I don't know what I would do if I lost my favorite hook or one I was using in the middle of a project! *knocks on wood* You are scaring me into thinking I should go and get another of each one I have lol.

Vickie -

Country Bumpkin -- I love that name -- very cute !

Welcome to the gang - jump right in . what colors are you going to use ? And holler for help if you need any ! This is a nice group of ladies here !

Hehe I am a Simple Country Bumpkin now, thanks to my hubby;) The colors I am using are the ones close to that of the cover project. I originally purchased the booklet for the color scheme to make a blanket for my new daughter and also to learn the stitches, so I saaw you wonderful ladies donig the whole afghan and thought I HAD to get into this CAL! I sure will hollar if I need any help as I am new to crocheting (started in July f this year) I have tried the front and back post stitches which are giving me the most problems. I think I will start with the first square and when I get to a place I need help, I'll hollar before I pull my hair out LOL.

Thank you for letting me join you ladies!

Hugs,

Vickie

hello Vickie ! Welcome to our group of wannabes and we are slowly inching towards finishing it except Julie and Celeste who are racing ahead lol!! Still no luck with my camera , DH thinks that the cable might have gone and he is getting a replacement sometime this week (I hope) I have lots of pictures to post !!! I have been asking him for a better camera too:) Lets see!

I am on square #15 woohoo!!! I loved the chevron relief square it came out so well! I have to definitely get some yarn 1 Hubby was watching me deplete my stash and he said for once he actually saw me using the yarn instead of hoarding it lol!

Thanks for all your support ladies!!! and cheers to all of you!!!

Hugs

Vims

PS Vickie you mean to say you have only one H or G hook! Man I have atleast 4 of each size!!!!

Hello Vickie -

Glad you decided to join us. I hate those dang front and back post doubles myself . That one square..... can't think of the name of it right now and my book is downstairs -- what a job. It took SO long to get it done, it was nothing BUT BPD and FPD ..... you'd do 12 rows and only have about 2 inches of your square done. GEEZ LOISE . Hope they don't have anymore like that !

Anyhow, I think it might be wise to start at the beginning and go from there, they seem to progress in hardness a little that way .... so start with the 1st which is plain old sc , and work from there -- when you need help, yell out , there's always one of us here to answer . I have subscribed to this thread ( which you can do there at the top , where it has the blue strip that says Thread Tools -- click on that , then Subscribe to this thread ) That way , everytime someone posts a message in here, I get an email and can go answer it . I think the key to our success here so far , is Number One- you HAVE to make up your mind that you ARE going to do this . It's easy enough to get all enthused about it , like we all do at the beginning , then your excitement soon fizzles out. You see another project that looks easier , or quicker , or you find some more yarn that you just HAVE to make something from RIGHT away ...... this poor 63 blanket gets shoved back in the corner for any number of reasons . So first is the commitment . Second, I think has been the help of all the nice ladies on here . We are all working on it together . The more we post, the more we get to know each other. The more we get to know each other, we're like forming a little group of friends here . We keep each other motivated -- whether that takes a gentle nudge or a kick in the pants :kick ( which hasn't yet had to happen ) . WE ARE GETTING THIS THING DONE !!!!

I know you can do it too --- get motivated, pick up that hook before your cat steals it, :lol and get started !

Drop in and tell as a little about yourself if you don't mind , and we try to drop in daily or as often as possible to report our progress. That helps too !

Hi Vims !

Wow, Square number 15 !!! You are doing great too ! You're not slowly inching ,I think you're making great progress !

That's funny what your husband said about your yarn -- you're actually USING it ? I'd show him and keep on USING more to get this afghan done ----

( Hint, Hint -- THEN you'll have a reason to go out and buy more ) :lol

Anyhow , you are doing a great job ... Me and Celeste have slowed down a little this week, so you can keep plugging along and pull in there right behind us !

We'll be watching for you to do it !

How does the cat take the hook, you say? Easily! That cat is always up to feline antics! Right now she's eyeing my bedroom curtains so I have to shut the door. Once, I left my engagement and wedding rings on the kitchen window because I washed my hands. I left them there while I was cleaning then forgot to put them back on. When I came back they were gone! :eek After about 20 minutes of searching I found one ring under the stove and the other under the fridge! That sure taught me about leaving things lying around. Pets will do that. I always tell my daughter to put her stuff away cuz the dog will eat anything whether it's edible or not! (If you interested, there's a picture of our pesky cat on my blog.)

Good news on two fronts: I found my hook, yeah! And the yarn I ordered came yesterday so now I can get back to business.:)

Everyone sounds like they're doing a great job! I'm really motivated to keep up. I loved square 14. So simple but so pretty. Keep up the great work everyone! :hook

Sorry to have been silent for a bit -- John, my fiance, has been in and out of the hospital for the last day and half with headaches, and back again this morning after a botched spinal tap. The upside? I've had lots of time to crochet in the ER :(

We're not sure what's wrong, but aneurysm has been ruled out (thankfully!). I'll let you know how things turn out.

BTW, we're all in serious trouble. . . there's a 63 MORE Squares (!!!) leaflet! Keep hookin'!

Sue -

That is pretty cute about the cat taking your stuff ! I've never heard of that before . He is s cutie-- I just went and looked at his photo , so how mad could you get at him ? Glad your hook and yarn are in hand again and you are one the crochet highway !

and Celeste -

Very sorry to hear your fiance has had some health problems. I hope they figure out what's wrong and get him patched up and feeling well again .

and ......... you let the cat out of the bag. I was gonna wait and spring this on you guys at a later date---- like maybe when you have square number 60 done and you're ALMOST finished -- I was gonna say---- HEY ...... anyone interested in ROUND 2 ?

I'm one step ahead of you -- the book( #2) is on order as we speak and should arrive by next week !

:lol Sorry to steal your thunder! I'm definitely up for round two. . . I actually like the second set of stitches better! The link I found had a nice shot of the back of the leaflet, where it shows the final design all laid out.:hook

Thanks for your well-wishes; we really need them! :hug

BTW, we're all in serious trouble. . . there's a 63 MORE Squares (!!!) leaflet! Keep hookin'!

O man!! I love the look of the new 63... adds to the list to do #778,789,787,878,798,987

I love knowing there are endless projects I can do hahah

Archived