63 Wannabe Club

JulieKay

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi again

I used the same colors as the one on the cover. Don't remember how many squares I made. Went looking for it this morning and still haven't found it:think. I

would say about 50 something. This will give me a reason to clean the basement though.:):(

Hi Ann

Well, get digging into that basement -- if you find yours , you will be crowned the new Wannabe Queen, since you are further done than any of the rest of us . Can't wait to see what you have done so far --- was it put together or still all in just squares ?

I'm skipping around the ecru squares, and have landed at 60. There's definitely something wrong with the stitch count in this pattern. . . has anyone else had a problem with this? :bang

It seems to work better if you skip 2 sc in the beginning of row 2, rather than 1. . . that's also the only way the doubles line up. Tell me, am I crazy? :(

Hi Celeste ,

I'll see if I can get the time to try 60 today then get back to you on it. I was going in order so am way behind 60, but will move up there and try it for you .

Will let you know what I find out unless someone else beats me to it that has already done it !

Hi Celeste

I just started number 60 and it is working out fine for me . Are you coming up with a wrong number of stitches at the ends of the rows, or what ?

It seems to work out right in each row as far as the count. I didn't pay attention to whether the dcs line up in order right under each other, but it makes a real nice neat looking pattern when done .

Holler if you're still having trouble, or are you able to take a close up photo of it or explain better where you're getting stuck, then I'll try to help you more ?

Let me know !

Hey Celeste

I just finished the square and the photo will be added to my others in a little bit . Click on my link above to see it . Hope that helps ! ( It DID turn out a little lopsided, but not too bad )

JulieKay, your squares look great! My 60 is coming along fine, I'm just crocheting into the third sc when I do the dc rows. It's coming out pretty straight, with the doubles directly on top of eachother -- like yours. Idk whether it's me or the pattern, but it's working so. . . who cares! :yay Thanks for helping me out so fast! :hug

I'll get a pic up when it's done, but go to my blog and check out the other two I finished last night! 59 to go. . . I really need a new camera.

:: hangs head in shame, should be doing schoolwork ::

My g'pa is a huge fan of green, just like my fiance. . . so I have a LOT of green yarn! I'll probably work his up in ecru, light green, and medium green yarn as soon as I finish mine :)

I've never kept anything for myself before, so this should be interesting! :devil

Very pretty ,Celeste !

I love the number 40 -- those big shells are beautiful !

Looks like you've been working hard this weekend ,and I'm sure your grandpa would love one of these afghans too. What colors does he like ?

Hi Julie and all!

Julie your squares are awesome!! So are yours Celeste!.

I was MIA this weekend(happens all the time , the kids and dh hog the computer all day saying I have the comp the whole week :)). I just managed to finish 3 squares and I too am going in order but I feel very bored doing that so may just do what takes my fancy!! After working the 4th square(remember I am doing it as a scrap ghan?) I find that the yarn is a tad thicker than what I was using for the other 3! So I had to redo that square in the thinner yarn! ok so I have the sc, hdc, tr and dc squares done and the colours are cream, purple, green(woodsy) and brown(not the chocolate brown but brown nonetheless) respy. I am edging the squares with cream. Will try to upload the pictures soon!:D looks like I still have to buy yarn !!!

Take care

hugs

Vims

Thanks, Vims! Hurry up with those photos so I can return the praise! :clap

Yay, I have seven done! Law and Order is good for crocheting. . . and now I have one done for every day this week that I won't be able to crochet :( I have mucho papers to work on!

56 to go. . .

Great job, Celeste --- 7 done already . That's a really good start .

Your grandpa and fiance both have great tastes--- green is my favorite color too and I bet this would look STUNNING done in all greens !

Hello Vims !

Glad to see yu back. I know what you mean about the computer. When all my kids were still at home, we had to take turns with it, so I didn't get very much time to be on either .

Your afghan is going to be so pretty with all the different colors. Can't wait to see your photos !

DO NOT GET ALARMED ----:tired

THIS IS ONLY A WARNING .

I have renamed the square # 17 ( Cluster Square ) ... .....drumroll please ...

The PREACHERCUSS SQUARE .

Do not attempt this if you :

1- Are babysitting a 3 year old with more steam than a locomotive .

2- Are watching BLUE'S CLUES

3- Are trying to also read the new Curious George Halloween book you just bought at Walmart .

DOGGONE --- WHAT A MESS ...:bang

I WILL GET IT RIGHT . :tryme

1- Blue is now thrown across the room in the corner .

2-The 3 year old is safely home with Dad .

3-Curious George is Curious as to why a 47 year old woman is now cussing a BLUE streak .:rant

Better luck to you all on this one .

Where are all my cheerleaders now ? IS ANYBODY OUT THERE ?????????

Hi Sue !

You sure did make a BIG move, from one side of the country to the other !

Hi JulieKay! Sorry for the late response, I've been MIA. Yes, I did move pretty far. I had a 4 year stint in Tucson, AZ while I was getting my degree, then it was on to CA and I've been in the bay area ever since. I guess I've lived here longer than anywhere else so I could consider myself a native but there will always be a little bit of NY in this girl.

Square Update: I've finished 1-9 and am working on 10. I started this project from yarn from another abandoned project so I need to order more yarn today!:compute

LOL, Julie ... I do know how you feel, trying to crochet while doing 3 other things at the same time! I'm finishing up two other projects that fell by the wayside when I got distracted by real life this weekend, and then I'll be starting mine. I have my yarn, which is a big step forward!

Comeon Julie you can do it!! I am still with square #5 no problem just came down with a severe headache and couldn't sit up to do it!! Had a nap and am feeling a bit woozy(is that a word even?)

yeah Lani ! having the yarn is half the battle fought except ofcourse if you use it up for someother instant gratification project lol!!!

Hugs

Vims

Hi Ho Vims !

How are you today ? Sorry to hear you had a bad headache . I get those too once in awhile . They pretty much put you out of commission don't they ?

Hope you are feeling better today .

5 Squares down is a great start !

Vims-

I have also been meaning to ask you, when you said you lived over here for 6 years- what state were you in and how did you like our country ?

I'll have a few more squares to post in my photos tonite. My Little Buddy is still asleep this morning so I have had some time to work on a couple .

Everyone have a good day !

Thanks, Celeste and Faith --

I knew that the best way for me to do this was just to keep on working at it as much as possible so I wouldn't set it aside anymore .

Will post a few more photos tonight !

I wish you all the same success -- just keep at it once you start !

Archived