Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Oh my goodness...The squares keep arriving so fast that I can hardly keep up...I just got 4 from "bgs" and last week I got 2 from "pineknott"...Both ladies sent me fabulously bright, cheery works of art...I absolutely love them...I'm unable to post pics but rest assured they are beautiful...

QUOTE]

Glad they made it! 3 more people should have packages from me.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From a discussion in the past with Sue, I believe Lee is a he. But we don't really care here as we are focused on the squares! Not good at pledging but I plan on making some to send.

Skoggy that was just an awful thing for anyone to do. I am so glad you and your family are not seriously injured.

ThatThunderbird glad you decided to come join us.

No it doesn't matter, for the squares but i didn't want to keep saying she, if indeed it's a he, lol

Well I bought a new skein of yarn at HL on lunch for my second square to our July Square! I'll be working on that tonite and if I can get 'er done, I'll send them out...well after I get the address! Lee, I PM'd you for your address, where are you?

Katy do you have it?

kuddles

sent you a pm kuddles!

For those of you needing an addy for Distinctives123, in lee's absence, I do have it, if you need it, please pm me.....thanks. ;)

Lee doesn't have internet at home as it's out in the country as i understand it, but tries to make it to town weekly to catch the wifi at mickey d's!:clapand has given consent for me to pass it on, when needed...

Wow!!!!!!! I received probably one of THE most beautiful squares today!!!:D

From Cindyssweetthings!!!! Thank you ....so pretty would LOVE a afghan made from just that!!! WOW it IS a beauty--I think you've inspired me to make an entire afghan of that pattern....will try to post a pic soon. Thanks so very much!!!:hug

Ohhh such lovely eye candy, nice job! Pledges still going strong Lee, hope you are prepared to be BURIED this month, lol

On another note, we have a new member!!:cheer:clap:cheer great!

Please welcome ThatThunderbird to our group!! :cheer:clap:cheer *Amanda*:hug

To quote her, as to not get the info wrong, here is her preferences for squares she may recieve!!:cheer

"I love pinks, purples, and blues. Any ww yarn is fine and 12" squares are probably best for me!"

those colors are going to make a very pretty ghan!! I wonder if she likes varigateds too, in those colors????? hummm........

Verigated yarn is fine with me! I only have 2 squares this far and can't wait to get started sending some out!

This is going to be fun!

Amanda

Wow!!!!!!! I received probably one of THE most beautiful squares today!!!:D

From Cindyssweetthings!!!! Thank you ....so pretty would LOVE a afghan made from just that!!! WOW it IS a beauty--I think you've inspired me to make an entire afghan of that pattern....will try to post a pic soon. Thanks so very much!!!:hug

and crafty, if you got one of those lovely lovely Cindy squares, i indeed am jealous, she does beautiful work!! We need pics, everybody together now, we need pics, we need pics!!

Verigated yarn is fine with me! I only have 2 squares this far and can't wait to get started sending some out!

This is going to be fun!

Amanda

Oh goodie, then I have some perfectly lovely yarn for your square!!! It is fun, you'll see, pretty soon "puffys" (full manilla envelopes with squares in them) will be coming your way!! Nothing much better than recieving a puffy, except maybe, for sending one out!! lol :clap:lol:crocheting

Ladies! You're making me blush! I'm glad y'all like me work though.

Glad you like it, Lorraine!

ETA: Oh, and welcome, Amanda! Hmm...I think I've got some ideas for a square for you. Hmm...

Well i for one, know it will be a beaut!! as for you missy, do you have a total for us so far recieved, or have you dug your way out of the pile yet long enough to count them!! And est. of how many more you might need to complete a ghan please, see we are nosy, and we like pics too!!! hint hint!! :hug:manyheart:hug

I've received 48 so far for the Biggest Square event (I'm keeping a tally in my siggy). WOW!! You ladies are awesome! I'm waiting until all square are received before I lay out all the squares again.

So, has everyone sent their squares to me? Who's haven't I received yet? I just want to know so that I know when to stop harrassing my mail lady :P J/K, just so that I know when the square bomb is done and I can lay out my squares. I already took a before pic. Oooo! I can't wait to take an after one!

Cindy you are still waiting on mine.Shouldn't be far away now! Can't wait to see them all laid out.

I recieved my first puffy since I moved today! I got a very pretty blue square from cshort! Thank you!!

post-26847-135897766909_thumb.jpg

So, has everyone sent their squares to me? Who's haven't I received yet? I just want to know so that I know when to stop harrassing my mail lady :P J/K, just so that I know when the square bomb is done and I can lay out my squares. I already took a before pic. Oooo! I can't wait to take an after one!

*shyly puts up hand* Me :( You haven't received my squares yet.

Thinking that Saturday was bad enough, Felicia and I now have food poisoning. We were at the hospital again yesterday as we need to get Felicia to the ER because she'd vomited 11 times in less that 24 hours and was getting very weak and dehydrated. We are home now but have glucose supplements for her to regain her strength. I promise I will get my squares to you soon Cindy. :(

Thinking that Saturday was bad enough, Felicia and I now have food poisoning. We were at the hospital again yesterday as we need to get Felicia to the ER because she'd vomited 11 times in less that 24 hours and was getting very weak and dehydrated. We are home now but have glucose supplements for her to regain her strength. I promise I will get my squares to you soon Cindy. :(

Gee! I hope the two of you are alright! Don't worry about the squares. I'll get them when I get them. Life comes at us sometimes. I understand that. Boy, do I!

Cindy you are still waiting on mine.Shouldn't be far away now! Can't wait to see them all laid out.

I recieved my first puffy since I moved today! I got a very pretty blue square from cshort! Thank you!!

You're welcome.

I hope you're both feeling better.

I've received 48 so far for the Biggest Square event (I'm keeping a tally in my siggy). WOW!! You ladies are awesome! I'm waiting until all square are received before I lay out all the squares again.

I have a package for you. I am hoping to get to the store tomorrow and get it out on Thursday.

I have at least two for Lee also....

What a lovely square :hug

Hi everyone, just thought Id stop in and see how you all are doing. Its so quiet here with my girls gone. They are in Texas with their dad so summer vacation. My youngest is giving him and his new gf issues , hehehe, not to sound mean, but hey they totally messed up her routine and shes only 5. My 7 yr old is doing really good and shes having fun.

Im having hooking withdrawls, so I better break out the yarn and get some done. I wouldnt want to turn into the Incredible Crochet Monster :goodorbad:rofl

Archived