Granny Ripple Afghan -- Work in Progress

PJinNH

Thanks. Yes, it works up fairly quickly, and it's one of those brainless crochet projects.

I knew I wanted to do a granny ripple, but the one pattern i found the ripples weren't very pronounced, so I altered it a bit. I think when it's done it'll end up being man-sized.

I really like your granny ripple afghan. :cheer

Are you going to share the pattern? I have a son-in-law and future sil that I could make this for.:hook It really looks like it is for men.

Thanks

That is gorgeous! Where did you get that pattern from. I would like to make that for my parents for Christmas. Are you going to put a eding around it or some small bells or something! You need to be proud of yourself because that is some nice work. I haven't seen a granny pattern like that. I will have to look at that one more time. :hook

I'm working on this for my husband for Christmas -- of course I told him I was making it for a friend ;-) I'm using Red Heart Yarn: Cafe, Aran and Aran Fleck.

http://www.metrocast.net/~kelhapam/afghan.jpg

What do you think?

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Let me get my life back on track and hopefully within the next week I'll put out the directions

I knew I wanted to do a granny ripple, but the one pattern i found the ripples weren't very pronounced, so I altered it a bit. I think when it's done it'll end up being man-sized.

That is really beautiful. Isn't it fun when you can play with the pattern to fit you?

You did a beautiful job and I am sure the husband will love it.:hook

Actually what I do when I need to start a project like this with a long chain, I always chain a few extra stitches more that what is required. Then when I work the 1st row of stitches, any extra chain stitches from the beginning row I use my crochet hook and "undo" them until they reach the right location. So much better than miscounting and having to start all over again.

That afghan link you provided looks very similar to what I did. I'll take a closer look at it this week and make any changes, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived