2nd Filet Crochet Baby Animal Carriage Cover

Becks

After I posted my Filet Crochet Baby Animal Carriage Crib cover - (Design 915), people said it looked similar to another design. A Design number 7577 by what looks like the same folks who made the 915 pattern.

So, I tracked that pattern down and decided to make it as well. I used the same Cebelia DMC thread size 10 that I used in the first blanket.

I've included photos of the front, the back, and then a side by side photo with both afghans.

This second one is slightly smaller because the gids for each square is one row less both horizontally and vertically.

I think they are different sizes to accommodate the different border patterns for each afghan.

It still takes two balls of Cebelia in each color to finish one animal square. Luckily, I still had left-overs from the first and only needed to buy one more color each. (I wanted the lamb to be in white so I got two of those.) I used the lilac color to border each square and then to join them.

The second photo is of the back which has a ridged "seam" where I single crocheted them together.

I tried to match the same colors for the same animals in each afghan. Both dogs are blue, both cats are pink, and both rabbits are peach. But there are some animals that are totally different too. I love the deer and the lamb in this new one. So cute!

I have no idea what kind of animal is in green in this new blanket. The old one is a squirrel but this new one doesn't really have much of a tail. I'm guessing it's a chipmunk. But then again it could be a baby bear. I don't know. What do you all think?

post-641-135897744262_thumb.jpg

post-641-135897744265_thumb.jpg

post-641-135897744268_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

You know, my sister thought maybe it was a skunk with that wispy thing at the back like it was it's odor or something. LOL! :lol

But I think if it were a skunk the tail would be much larger like the squirrels' but with a stripe or something.

And I think the wispy trails in back are like many of the other animals on the afghans that have them in their squares; ribbons around their necks.

But, anyway, it still doesn't solve what the heck this animal is. A badger? A groundhog? A prairie dog? :think:P

• Like 1

Beautiful work! I think the green looks like the pink kitty, only a different pose.. I tried finding the pattern for this and had no luck.. Where did you find yours?.. I wonder if a person could use baby or fingering yarn instead of thread?.. You wouldn't have to worry about shrinkage as with the cotton thread.. I would love to make one for my daughter if and when I become a granny..(I hate that word..LOL).. GBU!:):)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Beautiful afghan. Not sure at all what type of animal is depicted in the green square but it is very cute!

It is a little bear. I have the pattern and it shows plainly that it is a little bear.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 years later...

You're going to have to look for used copies on eBay, used book stores, thrift stores.  Or destashes here or Ravelry.  

When you see places selling pdfs of this, or if you see it free online, they are violating the copyright of the original printed pattern.   It'd be a violation of the forum's guidelines to post about such sellers.  

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/3/2012 at 2:02 PM, Becks said:

After I posted my Filet Crochet Baby Animal Carriage Crib cover - (Design 915), people said it looked similar to another design. A Design number 7577 by what looks like the same folks who made the 915 pattern.

So, I tracked that pattern down and decided to make it as well. I used the same Cebelia DMC thread size 10 that I used in the first blanket.

I've included photos of the front, the back, and then a side by side photo with both afghans.

This second one is slightly smaller because the gids for each square is one row less both horizontally and vertically.

I think they are different sizes to accommodate the different border patterns for each afghan.

It still takes two balls of Cebelia in each color to finish one animal square. Luckily, I still had left-overs from the first and only needed to buy one more color each. (I wanted the lamb to be in white so I got two of those.) I used the lilac color to border each square and then to join them.

The second photo is of the back which has a ridged "seam" where I single crocheted them together.

I tried to match the same colors for the same animals in each afghan. Both dogs are blue, both cats are pink, and both rabbits are peach. But there are some animals that are totally different too. I love the deer and the lamb in this new one. So cute!

I have no idea what kind of animal is in green in this new blanket. The old one is a squirrel but this new one doesn't really have much of a tail. I'm guessing it's a chipmunk. But then again it could be a baby bear. I don't know. What do you all think?

post-641-135897744262_thumb.jpg

post-641-135897744265_thumb.jpg

post-641-135897744268_thumb.jpg

Can you send me the design to the 915 I've  look all over and can't find it thanks

Whitelion, you are replying to a really old post, so the OP may not reply or see this for a while.

You might try looking at antiquepatternlibrary.org, they have a lot of out-of-copyright scans of books from 'way back when'; just from the style of this I'd guess it is likely from a pattern from the 1930s-1950s more or less.  The view I linked to is for crochet and is sorted sort of by author or yarn co. name.  You would probably want to do a search on filet or baby blanket.