"Stained Glass" Scrap Afghan

Roli

This afghan turned out great! I was worried about the scrap colors I was using but the black yarn between the individual rows really sets those colors off! I had to go out and buy 2 skeins of Red Heart Super Saver in black but it was worth it. I like making afghans with acrylic yarn because they really stand up to a lot of wear and can be washed. Besides, I had so many acrylic scraps to use up that I had no other choice. :lol

Oh, the pattern is Kim Guzman's and can be found here.

post-2917-135897742186_thumb.jpg

It turned out beautiful with all the colors separated by black. It's no fun working with black at night, bad on the eyes, but the black draws the colors out nicely. I also agree with you on using acrylic yarn. It definitely launders the best.

You did a wonderful job!:clap

It turned out beautiful with all the colors separated by black. It's no fun working with black at night, bad on the eyes, but the black draws the colors out nicely. I also agree with you on using acrylic yarn. It definitely launders the best.

You did a wonderful job!:clap

Thank you! As for working with the black yarn, all the black stitches were single crochet. The first row was worked into a colored row so it was very easy to see. The second row also went easily. I have to say, this time working with the black was a no-brainer. I could almost close my eyes! :lol

Thank you for looking ladies. I agree that there has never been an unattractive scrap afghan. There are many of them out there and they are all very compelling. :)

Archived