2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

I have finished one huge blanket for my son it measures 114"x96 1/2", I hope to have photos soon. I still have one more afghan to finish, a sweater for dd that needs another sleeve and I'm still deciding if I want to continue with the rectangle granny afghan that is started or frog it. I haven't yet decided.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have finished one huge blanket for my son it measures 114"x96 1/2", I hope to have photos soon. I still have one more afghan to finish, a sweater for dd that needs another sleeve and I'm still deciding if I want to continue with the rectangle granny afghan that is started or frog it. I haven't yet decided.

Congratulations! That is one BIG afghan! Does your son have it already? What does he think?

Hello all!

Beth-you are super fast! Can't believe that you already finished some of the goodies that you had started.

thank you for this CAL..I needed it! Finished the baby ghan for my sister. (she is having twins!) I had started it back in October...now to finish the other WIPS laying around...Good thing tho, haven't started any new hooky projects.

here's a pic! Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897738235_thumb.jpg

I was going to join the Bernat mystery CAL, but the first clue was 12 4 1/2inch squares, and I really hate sewing, so I decided to use the yarn I had earmarked to make a giant granny. When i pulled it out, I found that I had started a flower square. I used that for the center of my granny. Since I had already started something, can I count it as an existing WIP, rather than a new one?

LeeAnn. congrats on the twins! I really like the picture of your work.

Beth, the found granny square is a WIP. I forgot what they are called when you forgot about them.

sja and Beth- thank you for the lovely compliments! I have quite a few WIP's that I found in the closet yesterday..another scarf! How many do I have lingering? hehe....do you ever notice that you find them in odd places? Next to the couch in a basket? In my nightstand drawer? In my dresser? my closet? oh the list goes on and on

hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn, I was amazed at what I found in the bag where I had the yarn I'm playing with right now. My cell phone recharger was in there, along with some other things. I was wondering where I'd left it. With 5 cell phones in the house, we have a lot of rechargers hanging around, so it wasn't an issue, but it is nice to have mine back.

Shirley, are you thinking of a UFO (un finished Object)?

Congratulations on everybody's progress!!! You are very busy and succesfull!!! :clap:clap:clap

I still have a baby blanket/doily-ghan to finish, but at the moment I don't feel like to continue... The baby it was planned for is too big for it now :D and she was given something else. BUT my brother's child is due to August, so I guess I will finish the blanket for him/her.

Now I started another curtain :eek BUT this one is not made of squares, it is filet and I do it for my kitchen :hook

sja and Beth- thank you for the lovely compliments! I have quite a few WIP's that I found in the closet yesterday..another scarf! How many do I have lingering? hehe....do you ever notice that you find them in odd places? Next to the couch in a basket? In my nightstand drawer? In my dresser? my closet? oh the list goes on and on

hugs n squishes!

Beautiful Blankets, love the colors.

LeeAnn, I was amazed at what I found in the bag where I had the yarn I'm playing with right now. My cell phone recharger was in there, along with some other things. I was wondering where I'd left it. With 5 cell phones in the house, we have a lot of rechargers hanging around, so it wasn't an issue, but it is nice to have mine back.

Shirley, are you thinking of a UFO (un finished Object)?

:hiI like the first pattern for the Bernat CAL, didn't take too long to make one, but I don't mind joining motifs :hook

Congratulations on everybody's progress!!! You are very busy and succesfull!!! :clap:clap:clap

I still have a baby blanket/doily-ghan to finish, but at the moment I don't feel like to continue... The baby it was planned for is too big for it now :D and she was given something else. BUT my brother's child is due to August, so I guess I will finish the blanket for him/her.

Now I started another curtain :eek BUT this one is not made of squares, it is filet and I do it for my kitchen :hook

Another Curtain, :D at least this one is for you, I love how Filet looks, I have so many patterns that I have seen that I would like to try.

Only did a row and a half this week. I haven't work on the cross stitch at all.
:wavingThat's a row and a half closer, what kind of cross stitch project are you working on. I have a child's purse with a girls face on it, that I started when I was in High School, that is my first cross stitch piece that I found that I want to finish.

:hookRené

Busy busy group. I worked on my granny square afghan this morning while my daughter was at ballet, and I made a hat and started a second hat during my son's swim meet this afternoon. I am now officially tuckered out!

I forgot to post my totals for Saturday -- it was a very busy day. I managed to finish 5 projects, I had started 6 projects.

I finished that other one today. Gotta love the Ugly But Warm hats - they are so fast.

Well I'll jump on this train. I need the motivation to get out some of the half done projects I have and get them completed.

Welcome to the group, the best bunch of folks here on the Ville.:hug

Managed to finish the scarf that I had found hidden in the closet. Here's a pic.

sja-like Beth said you are on your way!

Beth-glad that you found your phone charger, I have misplaced lots of items and have even bought more yarn of the color I needed only to find that I had it in my stash...:lol

Rene-your child's purse sounds neat, is it the counted cross stitch?

Off to see what other projects I have laying around. Had started a round pillow but am waiting to buy the pillow form this weekend as I do not feel like sewing..:D

Keep up the great work friends!

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897739664_thumb.jpg

Welcome, Bubbe~ I hope you find this group as motivational as I find it. We count all kinds of wips -- crochet, knitting, cross stitch, beading, gardening, scapbooking...

Thank you for the welcome! This is very motivational to see everyone's work. If my crampy hands will cooperate I'll finish at least on WIP this week.

LeeAnn, love the scarf. Do you remember what type of yarn it is?

Bubbe, I am glad you find our work motivational. I hope you crochet enough to keep your hands limber, but not too much to get cramps.

So, everybody, what is your favorite type of project?

I love afghans, but need to find homes for them when I make them now.

Archived