2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

Rene, I saw your WIPs and well, they look so pretty! Each one promises something beautiful to come.... So I keep my fingers crossed for you to finish a few of them at least :cheer:cheer:cheer

Something funny happened to me while I was searching your blog. You know I'm Polish and because of that sometimes I have to check some words or expresions. (Like DD or DH :D ) Until today I was convinced that VIP means - according to Very Important Person - Very Important Project :lol And I wondered why there is WIP-Buster, not VIP-Buster - you know, like finishing our Very Important Projects... :laughroll When I read Rene's post I felt enlighten:idea and now I know that WIP means WORK IN PROGRESS ...:rofl

Ok, now off back to my curtain ;)

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rene, I saw your WIPs and well, they look so pretty! Each one promises something beautiful to come.... So I keep my fingers crossed for you to finish a few of them at least :cheer:cheer:cheer

Something funny happened to me while I was searching your blog. You know I'm Polish and because of that sometimes I have to check some words or expresions. (Like DD or DH :D ) Until today I was convinced that VIP means - according to Very Important Person - Very Important Project :lol And I wondered why there is WIP-Buster, not VIP-Buster - you know, like finishing our Very Important Projects... :laughroll When I read Rene's post I felt enlighten:idea and now I know that WIP means WORK IN PROGRESS ...:rofl

Ok, now off back to my curtain ;)

I like that, I could label some of my projects VIP, instead of WIP :D now I know why you had VIP listed on yours, I wondered what that meant. Thanks, I hope to finish all that I'm interested in eventually, putting them all down in pictures helps (well that's not all of them yet)

:cheer:cheer Work on that curtain :cheer:cheer

I like that, I could label some of my projects VIP, instead of WIP :D now I know why you had VIP listed on yours, I wondered what that meant.

:lol I changed it now when I know :D

I am fighting a cold :sick and just didn't get to Crochetville to post my totals yesterday. It's never too late -- last week I started one but finished two projects! Just hats, but hey, they are done!

Get better soon! :hug and congrats on your hats!

Well I ALMOST finished the curtain :cheer The only thing I need to do is to weave in ends :hook I hope to do it this evening. WOW ;)

:cheerI finished my knit shall!! Good thing it's finally done with, the bad thing, I wish i would have had more yarn to make it bigger, lol. :lol I can still use it, I just need to make one of those shall pins, lol. Now to look for more WIP's:hook Hope everyone is having a good evening!

Patti

I never got around to posting my score yesterday. I started and finished 2 hats. Started a baby blanket for my niece which I'm hoping to have done this week. I worked on a WIP but have to weave in ends and sew still.

Projects Started = 3

Projects Completed = 2

:woo:woo:woo:jumpyay:applause:cheer:clap I know you are glad that ready for delivery, are you making another curtain? :wink
The curtain is already ironed and packed, ready to be delivered tomorrow :jumpyay:jumpyay:jumpyay:party:party:party

Apak, congratulations on finishing your curtain. Did you take a photograph of it before you packed it? You must be very proud. We're proud of you!

Good job, everyone on the progress we made last week. Let's see what we can do THIS week!!!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Thank you all so much - and congrats on everybody's success :cheer:cheer:cheer

My friend was VERY happy when she got the curtain :)

And NO, I'm not working on another one :lol

MAYBE I'll think of kind of crochet edging for the curtain for MY windows... someday...

And here is the proof :hook (the window is mine, so you can see MY curtain with crocheted tulips and a piece of my Christmas tree too :))

post-30828-135897727534_thumb.jpg

Thank you all so much - and congrats on everybody's success :cheer:cheer:cheer

My friend was VERY happy when she got the curtain :)

And NO, I'm not working on another one :lol

MAYBE I'll think of kind of crochet edging for the curtain for MY windows... someday...

And here is the proof :hook (the window is mine, so you can see MY curtain with crocheted tulips and a piece of my Christmas tree too :))

[ATTACH]50284[/ATTACH]

:bowThat curtain is so beautiful :bow

I forgot to post my totals school is just going to have me busy for quite a while I had to get up early this morning to be exact 4am just to get my brain going of course with coffee and my back is still sore from my swimming class yesterday. So not too much time to do anything.

Apak, your curtain turned out just beautifully. I would love to have something that nice hanging in my window. No wonder your friend is happy. It is beautiful. I like your tree, too. Do I see a bunch of thread ornaments on the tree?

I have been working on the ripple afghan. I won't be done for some time, but at least I am progressing. I think I'm about half done.

basjordan, yes - my Christmas tree is decorated ONLY with crochet ornaments plus lights. And they're only white. But there is another tree, a smaller one, in my son's room and he puts there everything he wants :D So everybody is satisfied :)

Anna, your tree is beautiful, and I'm sure your son enjoys decorating his tree to suit his fancy. How nice to make everybody happy.

I started and finished a hat today, and I'm going to continue working on my afghan, once I get through some housework that's piling up here. I'd much rather crochet... That's why my house is so messy.

Good Morning friends!

Oh my gosh! All of you are crocheting, knitting, crafting up a storm! I love love love reading about all of you. I am sorry that I have not posted scores and such. Here goes:

I finished a cowl that I had started awhile back, enclosed is a pic.

Projects started: 1 (granny squares to donate)

Projects finished: 1

Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897728182_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897728185_thumb.jpg

LeeAnn, that is just lovely, and congrats on busting a WIP!

I finished another stripe on my afghan yesterday. I probably wouldn't have finished, except I wanted to post on here that I made some progress, so thanks! My goal is a stripe every day. We'll see. Life keeps getting in the way.

Hello friends!

Hope everyone is doing well and crocheting away. Beth-the yarn is the self striping sort very soft and cuddle. Rainbow Boucle from Lion Brand. They usually have it on sale at Joann's...just in case you needed more yarn. :=)

hugs n squishes!

Is it to late to join? I have projects that I got from the middle of last year that still have yet to even be touched (a boot kit). LOL

Never to late to join and get those projects started/completed :cheer

Happy Saturday! I hope you all had a productive week.

Today, I went to a swim meet, and couldn't take my afghan (it's getting too big) so I made some hats. I started and finished 3 hats today. This brings my Weekly totals to 4 new items started, 4 items finished, and my yearly totals are 8 items finished, 6 new items started.

Is it to late to join? I have projects that I got from the middle of last year that still have yet to even be touched (a boot kit). LOL

:welcome I hope you find this thread motivating. It is helping me finish what I start.

Archived