2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

I'm doing 10 squares in each color. So I have to finish that side and do 3 more in yellow. I started on the first green one. I'm fixing to go work on them. Right after I call my nana and have her check and see if there is any yellow.

Yellow, Green, Pink, Purple, and if I have any Blue or I might buy some. I know bad girl. :lol

Well, sounds like you are getting a lot done, and a lot of stashbusting done. I think if you are planning on using the yarn for a project, it's not too bad to get it. What's bad is when it's on sale, and you like it, but you have no idea what you'll use it for, but you get 12 balls any way... :blush Ooops, that was a little autobiographical:devil

On my other big granny square afghan I did manage to use up a skein. I should have enough to finish it. I have 2 more skeins.

:yay:clap:cheer

I started today! I had to take my daughter to her figure skating lesson early this morning and had some time to sit in the car. So I found a nice sunny spot and looked through a WIP that I brought along.

Crocheted socks that I had a problem with. I had finally decided to use the afterthought heel with them but never did do much about it.

So I looked, I read and I started adding a few rounds to an ankle.

Later I will have to try them on and see if I'm on the right track.

Hopefully I can add some rounds tonight! Looks like my January project and I'm really happy to get going on them again.

Pictures tomorrow!

I would love to see a pic. I think it's cool that your dd is a figure skater. Mine is a ballerina. I sure can't do that, but I love to see her do it. Good luck with the socks!

Hiya friends!

Beth, I would love to join! I have a few WIPS that are hidden in the waaay back of my closet, but I must get them done. Thank you!

hugs n squishes!

LeeAnn (:hug:welcome I'm glad you are joining our group!

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my first wip that I am sharing. This has only been a wip for about a week, but I need to finish it because it is a post christmas present. I will share pics of my other wips that have been wips for months, years longer after I gather them up. :blush

René

post-40103-135897723951_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897723954_thumb.jpg

post-40103-135897723957_thumb.jpg

Here's my first wip that I am sharing. This has only been a wip for about a week, but I need to finish it because it is a post christmas present. I will share pics of my other wips that have been wips for months, years longer after I gather them up. :blush

René

Good work on the afghan. Looks so earthy and homey and warm. Its freezing here. (literaly) Its like 22 or lower. :wbrr:wcold When I go to bed tonight I'm gonna put an afghan on top of the covers.

Hi Busy Bees! :hook One more square yesterday.... :yay I hope to start another in the evening today....
Yay! Progress is awesome!!!

Made another green square. I'm on my way to 10 squares in each color. I'll get there.
Yes you will!!! You are making great strides.

René

:drool It is lovely.

Good work on the afghan. Looks so earthy and homey and warm. Its freezing here. (literaly) Its like 22 or lower. :wbrr:wcold When I go to bed tonight I'm gonna put an afghan on top of the covers.
Brrrrr. We aren't that cold, but I'm still sleeping with 3 afghans on my bed. They keep me so toasty.

It's freezing here too, not quite as cold as 22. Luckily I like the cold weather:wgrin

Beth, :drool It is lovely. Thanks,

My quoting skills need work on this board :blush

I hope to have some more of my wips gathered up by the weekend.

:hook Happy Crocheting

Welcome homesteadingwife! Happy to have you here.

PiscesCrocheter I wish I was like you. I wish I liked the cold. I like things about the cold. Like sitting in front of the fire, all the evening time you have inside, and such. Thats not to say I like the heat either. I do prefer it warmer, but 80 or 90 is too hot for me. I prefer 65-75. Spring and Autumn are for me.

I'm going to join in. I have a few WIP's that really need to be finished.

Thanks for having this again.

:welcome to our group. I'm so glad you joined us. I hope our encouragement helps you finish those WIP's.

PiscesCrocheter I wish I was like you. I wish I liked the cold. I like things about the cold. Like sitting in front of the fire, all the evening time you have inside, and such. Thats not to say I like the heat either. I do prefer it warmer, but 80 or 90 is too hot for me. I prefer 65-75. Spring and Autumn are for me.

I was thinking almost that exact thing yesterday. :yes Definitely prefer Spring and Autumn.

I love Spring and Autumn too, Can't deal with the heat well, but haven't seen much big snow and would love a blizzard, but very unlikely in the area we live in!!!

:welcome to our group. I'm so glad you joined us. I hope our encouragement helps you finish those WIP's.

I was thinking almost that exact thing yesterday. :yes Definitely prefer Spring and Autumn Spring and Autumn are lovely but for some reason I also love the crisp cold weather :shrug.

:cheer

Would love to join this WIP Cal~~~I always have very good intentions & the beginning of 2012 has started out with a positive...picked up an afghan I have been working on for some time now. I crocheted a twin to this one and perhaps that is the reason I am having a slower time getting this one done~~~same color***same stitch :)

The 2nd. thing I need to get done is a hook case "I have almost done"...is felted already and just needs the finishing touches. (for me)

A flower for a hair wrap (ear warmer). (for daughter in-law)

After these I will dig out some more that are hiding around here :) :)

Point system...huhmmmm

Thank you so much for starting this CAL now off to crochet~!~

Ok, everybody who doesn't like cold, I'm waiting here for you - just fly over the ocean and don't forget your VIPs! I miss snowy winter VERY MUCH and so does my son :sman But it's like early spring here in Poland and believe me or not, my flowers are still BLOOMING on my balcony...

Anyway, it's great to read about everybody's progress :cheer:cheer:cheer

I have 2 more triangles :yay

I would like to join in the fun! I have several projects that I need to get finished. I am tired of looking at all these different bags of unfinished projects and my family would probably like to see some of them done also! lol Now I just need to decide where to start!

Ok, everybody who doesn't like cold, I'm waiting here for you - just fly over the ocean and don't forget your VIPs! I miss snowy winter VERY MUCH and so does my son :sman But it's like early spring here in Poland and believe me or not, my flowers are still BLOOMING on my balcony...

Wish I could come over. That is my kind of weather. But since I can't just send me warm thoughts please.

Please include me in on this. I came across a knitted shawl (my first) that I completely forgot about and I think I was making it as a gift LOL. I want to nip this project in the bum:boxLOL and have it completed by the end of this month. :hookThen try to figure out why I even started it. Ha ha, this should be a test on my memory. :think

well I completed one piece to my sweater coat so far a +1.
:cheer:clap:yay

Would love to join this WIP Cal~~~I always have very good intentions & the beginning of 2012 has started out with a positive...picked up an afghan I have been working on for some time now. I crocheted a twin to this one and perhaps that is the reason I am having a slower time getting this one done~~~same color***same stitch :)

The 2nd. thing I need to get done is a hook case "I have almost done"...is felted already and just needs the finishing touches. (for me)

A flower for a hair wrap (ear warmer). (for daughter in-law)

After these I will dig out some more that are hiding around here :) :)

Point system...huhmmmm

Thank you so much for starting this CAL now off to crochet~!~

:welcome Thanks for joining!

That sounds like great weather. And what fun, to all get together and :crocheting and :blah

I would like to join in the fun! I have several projects that I need to get finished. I am tired of looking at all these different bags of unfinished projects and my family would probably like to see some of them done also! lol Now I just need to decide where to start!
:welcome and Thanks for joining in!

Please include me in on this. I came across a knitted shawl (my first) that I completely forgot about and I think I was making it as a gift LOL. I want to nip this project in the bum:boxLOL and have it completed by the end of this month. :hookThen try to figure out why I even started it. Ha ha, this should be a test on my memory. :think
:welcome We're glad you are here.

Archived