basjordan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good day friends!

I am still in the same spot...

Started 1

Finished 1

haven't been crocheting much as I am soaping! My other passion, hope to add a few items to my website and blog today.

hugs n squishes!

I was at my mom's last night and I pulled my yarn basket I keep over there out of her closet and, sure enough, there was a gorgeous afghan WIP staring me in the face. I guess I am going to have to start crocheting more when I am over visiting her... :sigh

Good day friends!

I am still in the same spot...

Started 1

Finished 1

haven't been crocheting much as I am soaping! My other passion, hope to add a few items to my website and blog today.

hugs n squishes!

Very nice soap, I may add. Congrats on not adding to the WIP pile. I consider that a victory.

Started 1

Finished 0

I know it will get worse though since one of my friends just had a baby. :) My goal this week is to finish a project. :)

Hooray for crocheting for a baby! I hope you will post pictures of your items. Is it a girl of a boy? What fun! This is a perfectly wonderful excuse to increase your WIPs, and since babies grow so fast, you need to finish them, so they won't be WIPs for long!

I was at my mom's last night and I pulled my yarn basket I keep over there out of her closet and, sure enough, there was a gorgeous afghan WIP staring me in the face. I guess I am going to have to start crocheting more when I am over visiting her... :sigh
What colors? What type of yarn? What pattern? Do you visit your mother often? Mine is 3 states away -- kind of hard to pop over there just for a cup of coffee.

Hooray for crocheting for a baby! I hope you will post pictures of your items. Is it a girl of a boy? What fun! This is a perfectly wonderful excuse to increase your WIPs, and since babies grow so fast, you need to finish them, so they won't be WIPs for long!

Baby boy! :) He's so cute! I'm making washcloths, mittens and booties. :)

I frogged one of my old wips today. I'm not sure that it counts at all because I didn't finish it, but at least it is one less wip staring me in the face and I can find another use for the yarn. :)

I frogged one of my old wips today. I'm not sure that it counts at all because I didn't finish it, but at least it is one less wip staring me in the face and I can find another use for the yarn. :)

Sorry i didn't answer sooner. YES! It counts. Any way you get rid of a WIP counts.

I have progressed on my ever-so-big afghan. My count stays where it was earlier: WTD started: 3; finished: 2

YTD started: 10; finished 9

I haven't gotten very far because I'm under fire to finish a quilting project that I've been hand piecing. The hand piecing should be done next week, so I can pick up crocheting again (I'm machine quilting it). I'm thinking that I will work on the Ladybug afghan first. It is closest to being done - requires attaching of ladybugs and assembly of blocks, then final border.

Hello friends!

Can I just say, thank you for the motivation! I hop on here and read about all of your progress,...and it just makes me want to finish something that has been lying around.

Stephanie-I took a peek at your quilt, amazing! love your blog too!

Beth-you completed 10 projects? wow!

Ally-great job finishing the baby ghan and a hat to match, awesome!

Kraftyncrazy-that is so neat that you have projects at your mom's house. great idea!

MrsForest-do you have favorite patterns that you use for your baby booties, mittens and such? my twin sister is expecting twins...have to get busy busy busy!

here's a pic of the Knook Scarf,...took me a loooong time to finish. It is similar to knitting with a crochet hook, for me very time consuming, but I did finally learn how to do the "knit stitch".

Here's my score:

YTD Started 1

YTD Finished 2

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897731947_thumb.jpg

Whoo-hoo!:cheer I finished my jolly green afghan. It is about 7'6" long and 4'6" wide. It was my first "straight" ripple, since I tend to make round ripples. It's made from Loops and Threads Charisma yarn in brown, and Bernat Harmony in Tapestry Green. It covers the top of my full-sized bed nicely, so it will be plenty big for his single-sized bed.

post-16396-135897733287_thumb.jpg

Whoo-hoo!:cheer I finished my jolly green afghan. It is about 7'6" long and 4'6" wide. It was my first "straight" ripple, since I tend to make round ripples. It's made from Loops and Threads Charisma yarn in brown, and Bernat Harmony in Tapestry Green. It covers the top of my full-sized bed nicely, so it will be plenty big for his single-sized bed.

WTG Beth! So proud of you! It is beautiful!

hugs n squishes!

We never said that the projects had to be crochet projects. I think we should include anything, crochet, knitting, beading, cross stitching, scrapbooking, gardening, any project that you've started and need to finish.

What do you think?

Well, I think that would be nice to be able to record other craft projects. I am cross stitching a wedding sampler for my son for almost 2 years.. I am working on a scarf/wrap for a niece. The scarf uses lace weight wool. It is kind of small and difficult to work with. I have been working on it for over a year and a half. I just keep putting them down and staring new easier projects.

sja - Shirley - welcome to our group! We are here to cheer you on:cheer as you progress on your sampler and your laceweight project. And I'm lucky enough to get to see them in real life, and oooooh and aaaahhhhh over them -- Shirley has some mad skills!!!!

sja - Shirley - welcome to our group! We are here to cheer you on:cheer as you progress on your sampler and your laceweight project. And I'm lucky enough to get to see them in real life, and oooooh and aaaahhhhh over them -- Shirley has some mad skills!!!!

Beth has helped me figure out more than one crochet pattern. She is as nice in person as she is on line.:)

Guess what? I'm almost done with my other afghan! It's not going to be very big. It's a round ripple kit from Herrschners. I have 3 or 4 more 50 gram balls to use (out of 16) and they go fast. Of course, I have a bunch of WIM's (work in mind) that I can't wait to start! But the Bernat Mystery CAL will be my first priority.

Archived