2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, crazy me. some one gave me some yarn a few years ago. On e skein was golden and the other a brown with jewel tone pieces. last year I crocheted the two together thinking to make a wrap. I didn't have enough yarn. When I went to the store I couldn't find a match I liked. This past weekend I frogged it and started a scarf.i am not doubling the yarn so I should have a pretty long scarf. then my hubby and I went to a thirf store and found a cross stitch project for under $2. It would normally be about $20. So, now I have 2 more projects to add to my pile.

What pattern are you using for your scarf? I'll bet it will be lovely.

If the wrap didn't seem finished to you because it was too small, you aren't starting a new project, you are just finishing an old one to your liking.

Since my laceweight shawl is going slowly, I am going to start a rapid-progress project, so I can feel like I'm getting somewhere with something.

I have got to join in. This year I am determined to empty the WIP totes under my bed. First of all I want to finish a baby ghan for a nephew due to be born in early June. I would guess I'm about 1/3 done. A pic and a link to the pattern can be found here ... in the Any Afghan CAL.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2434963&postcount=944

I also have another spiral type ghan I just had to start last night. Once those 2 are finished I'll start digging in the totes.

Happy crocheting!

I have got to join in. This year I am determined to empty the WIP totes under my bed. First of all I want to finish a baby ghan for a nephew due to be born in early June. I would guess I'm about 1/3 done. A pic and a link to the pattern can be found here ... in the Any Afghan CAL.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2434963&postcount=944

I also have another spiral type ghan I just had to start last night. Once those 2 are finished I'll start digging in the totes.

Happy crocheting!

:welcome to our group! I hope you are inspired to get empty those totes!

:cheerI finally finished two of my WIP's. I finished a afghan for my DH in the Cleveland Browns colors and a baby doll blanket for my DS granddaughter. Now I am so close to finishing the afghan from last years Bernat CAL, all I have to do is the border!

Of course, several of my DD friends have now put in requests for things they would like to have. But I think I will focus on my last WIP which is a sweater for me that I have been working on for almost two years. I will try and post some pictures later.

Woooot! Finished the granny ripple. I posted a pic in the any afghan CAL. It was nice doing spring colors.
:cheer:clap:D:yay Spring colors are so much fun. You did an amazing job, and you should be very proud!

:cheerI finally finished two of my WIP's. I finished a afghan for my DH in the Cleveland Browns colors and a baby doll blanket for my DS granddaughter. Now I am so close to finishing the afghan from last years Bernat CAL, all I have to do is the border!

Of course, several of my DD friends have now put in requests for things they would like to have. But I think I will focus on my last WIP which is a sweater for me that I have been working on for almost two years. I will try and post some pictures later.

:faint You got a lot done! Does it feel great to be on your last WIP? Congratulations. I hope you will post pics. Don't you love it when someone requests something? I like to feel my work is appreciated.:manyheart

This week, I started 4 projects (3 hats and an afghan) and finished the hats. I'm about 1/3 of the way through the afghan. It would be cool to finish it in 2 more weeks. It's a granny ripple

Poor little pile of WIP's ...sitting there unattended. I had to walk away from them for a while and make some squares. Some things just get tough to work on and you just need a break or you'll end up not liking it.

Poor little pile of WIP's ...sitting there unattended. I had to walk away from them for a while and make some squares. Some things just get tough to work on and you just need a break or you'll end up not liking it.
You make a good point. That's why we have so many WIP's. Some times you just have to take a break from a project. The trick is to go back to it.

I got dragged kicking and screaming to Micheal's Saturday. Well, maybe not kicking and screaming. ...more like singing and dancing. My friend gave me coupons so, of course i HAD to buy some yarn. You understand, dont you? I can't let a coupon go to waste. i am saving money by buying yarn. i had leftover yarn from the other scarf, so I purchased another skein to make another scarf. I also got some sock yarn. I started the scarf Saturday. Not sure when i will work on the socks. i really need to work on the cross stitch.

I got dragged kicking and screaming to Micheal's Saturday. Well, maybe not kicking and screaming. ...more like singing and dancing. My friend gave me coupons so, of course i HAD to buy some yarn. You understand, dont you? I can't let a coupon go to waste. i am saving money by buying yarn. i had leftover yarn from the other scarf, so I purchased another skein to make another scarf. I also got some sock yarn. I started the scarf Saturday. Not sure when i will work on the socks. i really need to work on the cross stitch.

I don't know much I'd rather do than shop for something I love with a good friend.

I am working on my afghan. After a long conversation with my husband, since this is supposed to be a "manly" afghan, he's my collaborator, I decided to leave out one of the colors, so I only have 2 more stripes to go. I also have my twins' 18th birthday today, and a big party for them on Saturday, or I'd try to get it done just so it would be done. Gotta make some cake, clean the house, wrap presents...

Hey all! I would love to jump in. I will start with the honest totals for this week... which do not look so good for my WIP wrangling but it should improve... I just had to start some new projects :blush

WTD: 0 finished, 2 started & YTD: 0 finished, 2 started

I will do better next week. If nothing else the new projects should be finished by then. :2rain Here is hoping for just the right amount of rain to get caught up.

Welcome :welcome Boupie Crochet. I hope this thread helps motivate you to get some things done.

My WIPbusting totals for this week are:

WTD Finished: 2 Started: 2

YTD Finished: 31 Started: 28

Welcome :welcome Boupie Crochet. I hope this thread helps motivate you to get some things done.

My WIPbusting totals for this week are:

WTD Finished: 2 Started: 2

YTD Finished: 31 Started: 28

Thank you, basjordan! I do really hope this will help! :clap You really are getting things done. I hope to be successful soon too! Keep it up!

Finished the scarf and made a small hat. I did a little cross stitch. Must work on the cross stitch. I may get some done this week while the kids are off school. I do need to work in the yard though.

Finished the scarf and made a small hat. I did a little cross stitch. Must work on the cross stitch. I may get some done this week while the kids are off school. I do need to work in the yard though.

:cheerCROSS Stitch! Cross Stitch! Get it done!:cheer

:cheerWe all think you're number one!:cheer

:cheerGooooooooooooo SJA!:cheer

Archived