2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished some more slippers: two pairs instead of one.

Holy cats, woman, you work fast!! :blink

Edited: is the base just yarn, or do you do something to help with grip? I need another WIP like I need an angry badger attached to my leg, but those are just soooo cute, and seeing them in all the colors you're doing....

Holy cats, woman, you work fast!! :blink

Edited: is the base just yarn, or do you do something to help with grip? I need another WIP like I need an angry badger attached to my leg, but those are just soooo cute, and seeing them in all the colors you're doing....

It's all yarn, and it's a pretty quick pattern, though I've been concentrating on them because I promised to send a pair to a friend's daughter, and she already sent me a gift "in return" before I finished them. I'll tell you, it felt REALLY good to take some time off today, then crochet just a little on an old project while waiting for my daughter.

Finish a WIP before you make a new one, and I'll consider you a winner. Not accumulating more WIPS can be a real victory for us!:blush

With that huge list of WIPs and WIMs, I'm adding a new start instead of doing that. :blush

But there's a reason. Really, there is! All of those are one piece lapghans, and they are hard to bring to work (I have a job with lots of downtime - talk about some good work karma!) and after they get more than about a foot long are awkward to work on. So I am going to start making squares for Project Linus afghans. That's more manageable for here.

I'm not doing much this week. I'm pretty much crocheted out after the Olympics CAL, and I have a couple of new birds and I'm just sitting and watching them instead of crocheting. But soon I'll get after them again.

I'm getting myself organized, dividing the projects by months. Here's the plan - they're identified by a main color:

August: Seagrass, Banana Berry

September: Artichoke, Copper, Wedgewood

October: Sunshine, Cornmeal, Rainbow

November: Mirage, Woodsy, Aspen

December: Blue, Pistache, Seaspray

Take a deep breath and off we go! The seagrass is almost finished already, so I'm giving myself a little break for this month.

It sounds like you've come up with a plan to get a lot done. We will be :cheer:cheer:cheer your progress. It makes sense to carry something small to work.

I started a new project, but didn't get very far. I misremembered the instructions, and had to frog it back to the beginning. Then being a mom got in the way.

It's bad to have to frog, but all the way back to the beginning? Yikes! And when I finish doing that, I usually go off and look for another pattern!

It's bad to have to frog, but all the way back to the beginning? Yikes! And when I finish doing that, I usually go off and look for another pattern!

Well, I really didn't get that far, about 9 rows, and a group of my friends are having a CAL, so I want to do this project so I can join in the fun. Besides, it's not the pattern's fault. I was going by memory, which I should never do, and I knew it didn't look right, but didn't go to check until the third repeat.

Beth, the slippers look great. I started another scarf.:blush I know , I know, I really need to finish my 3 Wips I started on way long ago. I have been working on the cross stitch. Only because my DS is soming to town and was asking about it. Sigh,

This morning before work I finished the crocheting on my only WIP done in strips. Two were already sewn together. So I have only the rest of the joining and some of the tails to weave in. So, for finishing up the actual crocheting:

+1 :clap

I'm afraid that +1 and happy clapping is going to have to suffice for a while, not to mention my wonderful completion schedule is out the window. A co-worker today asked if I would made two lapghans for her nieces. I agreed and asked for just enough to cover yarn replacement and a token. After all, if I weren't selling them to her, I would be making them anyway for donation. She needs them by the end of September so after I finish up the one that's teetering on the verge of completion, probably Monday, the WIPs will have to be on hold for a while.

She wants round ripples. At least those are sort of fun to make. It will bounce my new starts up to 3 (!) one week after joining this. Ain't life fun....

ddc, I started 3 this week. Of course, two were very fast, very small, and are finished, but it happens some times. I think it's always great to get paid, even a token amount, for something you enjoy doing. How big will the lapghans for the girls be?

OK, if I did this right, which is a big if, I finished 3 projects this week, and started 3. (finished shark hat and two pairs of slippers, started slippers and a shawl.) I'm not sure when I started or finished the shark hat, though. I reset my WTD scores to zero. Let's see if I finish anything this week...

I finished the scarf yesterday. I discovered another WIP when looking through my yarn collection. I plan to start another afghan when my DS go back to WN.

Sigh! I started another scarf. I bought 3 different skeins of "fun" yarn. I think the colors will work together. They are all different textures. I wanted to see what they would look like on one scarf. I will do some rows of the one type then switch to a different yarn.

Ok, so I told two whoppers. First, after I thought I had finished all the strips for one afghan and bragged about it, I found one that was lacking the last round. So I finished that up. Also, I had more ambition than energy and didn't get it all sewn together and bordered on Monday as I anticipated. Here is it Wednesday, and still undone. But I've been working a little on the new ones. I'm using Smooth Fox's Daisy Round Ripple, and I wanted to get past the center daisy that I have to read the pattern on. After that it's just endless rows. I'll probably make them around 45-46". The girls are two and three, so they don't need to be huge.

Haven't been on here in so long. Was looking back to see when the last time i was on actually was. It was Jan or Feb. Haven't really made much progress in the stuff I was working on then. I did have however crocheted two hats suppossed to be adult and they turned out kid size. Go figure right. Not sure what went wrong. I have also managed to make some squares. I will be sending them off to a few different places this week or next. Am going to try and be more active in the WIP-CAL.

I did this and then didn't save it. Happy Brainless Saturday!

I finished this one today, so one of 12 down. It was 14, but I frogged two barely begun that I didn't have much interest in. For another, I frogged what I had and restarted it in hexagons so I would have a small project for work downtime and breaks. I'm still counting it as a WIP. I've had the yarn forever and want to move it on out. I may do this for another one or two of the just started ones.

This one used RHSS Seagrass, Cafe, Honeydew (doesn't look very green in the photo) and Country Blue. In person the colors looked great together, richer and a little more colorful than shows up here.

post-39480-135897775051_thumb.jpg

I feel good with this week, even though I didn't finish anything.

African Flower: I now have ten of twelve pentagons finished.

Entrelac scarf: Made progress.

Friendship-ghan: Finished one and a half of two squares pledged.

Super secret project: Made GOOD progress. :D

WIPs with deadlines: ummm... no progress. :blush

Donna - Lovely!!! What a beautiful afghan.

~VikingRunner - good job getting so much done!

I frogged a pattern I was almost ifnished makiong because the drape wasn't there, and it was turning out too small for me. I have been working on my octagonal afghan. It's just kind of hot to sit with it in my lap and it's getting big enough where that's a problem.

Archived