2012 Wip-Busters

basjordan

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sja, congrats on making progress. How is it coming along?

I decided it's too hot to work on my bigger projects, so I pulled my lacewieght shawl out. It is getting bigger. It is such a nice, mindless project, great to keep the hands occupied while talking or watchingn something on TV.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello hello!

So sorry that I have been MIA, it is difficult to get to all the places, do the things I want to as well as work and spend time with my family and work on my small business...but alas, here now to check in with all of you.:manyheart

Looks like all of you have been hard working on your projects. :cheer:clap

Finished two afghans in the last 3 weeks. One has been delivered to baby Nevaeh as she was born with Spina Bifida as well as other health issues. Praying for her and family.

Here is the second ghan that I finished this week for an order. I have blogged more about them here: [email=http://LeeAnnsHeavenScents.blgospot.com]http://LeeAnnsHeavenScents.blgospot.com[/email]

hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897765596_thumb.jpg

It's been a while since I posted, but I am happy to say that I have finally finished the Bernat Mystery Afghan CAL (from last year)!!! :cheer:clap

Good job!!! Congrats on finishing your project! I'll bet it feels great to be done. So, what are you going to do next?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello hello!

So sorry that I have been MIA, it is difficult to get to all the places, do the things I want to as well as work and spend time with my family and work on my small business...but alas, here now to check in with all of you.:manyheart

Looks like all of you have been hard working on your projects. :cheer:clap

Finished two afghans in the last 3 weeks. One has been delivered to baby Nevaeh as she was born with Spina Bifida as well as other health issues. Praying for her and family.

Here is the second ghan that I finished this week for an order. I have blogged more about them here: [email=http://LeeAnnsHeavenScents.blgospot.com]http://LeeAnnsHeavenScents.blgospot.com[/email]

hugs n squishes!

Beautiful afghan! Great colors!:D:clap

I would like to get back into my CAL's. So here I am. Don't think I've made any progress on my two WIP's I had and I have started another one. A chemo hat for a friend with breast cancer. So not doing that great. At least I haven't started all the projects I got in my head I wanna do!

I'm back from vacation. It was great. I made a little progress on a couple of projects I took with me, but mostly I taught my sister a little more about crochet, and how to read patterns. She already knows how, but wanted to learn some stitches. It was so nice to sit by her, and crochet with her. Made me smile.

I would like to get back into my CAL's. So here I am. Don't think I've made any progress on my two WIP's I had and I have started another one. A chemo hat for a friend with breast cancer. So not doing that great. At least I haven't started all the projects I got in my head I wanna do!
So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her treatment goes well, and she is your friend for a very long time.
Hi all! I'd love to join if it's not too late! I have a terrible habit of starting projects, but then getting excited about something else, and starting another!
Welcome to our group! We haven't been super-busy lately -- I think summer is too hot for some of us to crochet, and too busy for others. Join on in! Oh, and I have a bad case of start-something-new-itis myself -- can't help it. Particularly when the old project is a long-term project.

I'm back from vacation. It was great. I made a little progress on a couple of projects I took with me, but mostly I taught my sister a little more about crochet, and how to read patterns. She already knows how, but wanted to learn some stitches. It was so nice to sit by her, and crochet with her. Made me smile.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope her treatment goes well, and she is your friend for a very long time.

Welcome to our group! We haven't been super-busy lately -- I think summer is too hot for some of us to crochet, and too busy for others. Join on in! Oh, and I have a bad case of start-something-new-itis myself -- can't help it. Particularly when the old project is a long-term project.

:ty We haven't been friends that long at all. Actually we've never even meet before. We only know each other from fb. She is one of my friends cousins that how I got to know her. THANX again.

I started and finished another scarf. I went to a yarn shop in the area and saw the softess cotton in pink and green. I had to buy it. The only thing I could think to make was a scarf. The trouble is I don't wear scarves.:lol

I am still plugging away on my other projects.

I started and finished another scarf. I went to a yarn shop in the area and saw the softess cotton in pink and green. I had to buy it. The only thing I could think to make was a scarf. The trouble is I don't wear scarves.:lol

I am still plugging away on my other projects.

Congrats on finishing that scarf. What does it feel like to finish something? I can't quite remember!!! And you should start wearing scarves. You do such lovely work, and it's such wonderful, soft yarn...

Sja, that's great about the scarf! I think cotton is my favorite yarn to work with. I couldn't tell you why, I just love it!

Today was definitely a Finish Projects Friday! I finished a hat, a pair of mittens, and a sweater/tunic thing I all had going. The hat is for a class I'll be teaching in September/October, the mittens I only had to finish one thumb. I had started them, and did most of the work probably a year ago, but they got put aside when Christmas came and forgotten. Decided to just finish them! The tunic I finished I had only started recently. It's my first sweater, so i"m pretty excited about that. I even pulled out a purse I had started making for my mom when I first started crocheting. It's probably the third or forth project I ever started, but the sides came out all wonky, so I was kind of embarrassed to finish it. Got over that, and sewed the sides together. Now I just have to finish the lining and sew on the straps. Good grief, I was productive today! I hope to post some pictures this weekend!

I blame this thread for getting me started on all those old projects!:clap

Sja, that's great about the scarf! I think cotton is my favorite yarn to work with. I couldn't tell you why, I just love it!

Today was definitely a Finish Projects Friday! I finished a hat, a pair of mittens, and a sweater/tunic thing I all had going. The hat is for a class I'll be teaching in September/October, the mittens I only had to finish one thumb. I had started them, and did most of the work probably a year ago, but they got put aside when Christmas came and forgotten. Decided to just finish them! The tunic I finished I had only started recently. It's my first sweater, so i"m pretty excited about that. I even pulled out a purse I had started making for my mom when I first started crocheting. It's probably the third or forth project I ever started, but the sides came out all wonky, so I was kind of embarrassed to finish it. Got over that, and sewed the sides together. Now I just have to finish the lining and sew on the straps. Good grief, I was productive today! I hope to post some pictures this weekend!

I blame this thread for getting me started on all those old projects!:clap

You win this week, hands down! Great job, getting all those wips done!!!

Sigh! I just started a wool aghan for my son. This will be his first winter in Wisconsin. Still haven't finished the cross stitch, basket weave afgan or the other project. I have a dead line for this. He is supposed to visit in 16 days.

Haven't really crocheted much this week. Hung out with my cousins a lot. Went shopping, not for yarn though. Thank you God! Got some stuff for the "Make a new friend" wishlist/raok.

Shopping for something that isn't yarn??? :think Does that really happen???

Sigh! I just started a wool aghan for my son. This will be his first winter in Wisconsin. Still haven't finished the cross stitch, basket weave afgan or the other project. I have a dead line for this. He is supposed to visit in 16 days.

What size hook? What type of pattern? I have confidence that you will get it done. Will he be bringing your grandbaby when he comes?

Archived