Holy Yarn, Bat Man!

sahm2g1b

I stand in complete awe!!! I could only dream of a stash that big!!!!!

That is the biggest stash I have ever seen!!!

I bow before the best stash collector!!!!!!!!

Does your mil loan out any of her yarn?????

I stand in awe of her yarn stash. While I don't think I will ever have a yarn stash that large, I understand her completely. Sometime in 2012 I hope to gather all my yarn together just to see how much I do have. I know its nowhere near the amount she has though. Just one question though. If Bonney dove into her stash, would that be called "skein-ny dipping?" :rofl :rofl Sorry could not resist that one.

OH My GOODNESS!! That is like a candy store for me :lol I only have one large box as my "stash" and my bf is already going nuts whenever I come home with a new skein :eek Talk about being overambitious hehe

I actually had tears come to my eyes when I saw that room. It made me sad. First because I know that this woman has no chance of using all this yarn in her lifetime. It will all go to other places. Secondly because the room while partially is organized is chaotic. I cannot create very well in chaos. I love that the room is so quiet. I would so be organizing yarns and labeling them. I do like that for the most part the yarn is visiable and inspiring. In the interview when she says she also collects fabrics, bells went off in my head. I have a feeling she is a craft hoarder. I watched a Hoarding show recently and one of the things the lady had hoarded was yarn. Watching the totes, bags, and boxes of yarn being taken away was hard on her. She had dreams for each of those skiens. Anyways that is my thoughts. Think of all the money there. I am going to show my hubby the picture of the yarn room too.

I actually had tears come to my eyes when I saw that room. It made me sad. First because I know that this woman has no chance of using all this yarn in her lifetime. It will all go to other places. Secondly because the room while partially is organized is chaotic. I cannot create very well in chaos. I love that the room is so quiet. I would so be organizing yarns and labeling them. I do like that for the most part the yarn is visiable and inspiring. In the interview when she says she also collects fabrics, bells went off in my head. I have a feeling she is a craft hoarder. I watched a Hoarding show recently and one of the things the lady had hoarded was yarn. Watching the totes, bags, and boxes of yarn being taken away was hard on her. She had dreams for each of those skiens. Anyways that is my thoughts. Think of all the money there. I am going to show my hubby the picture of the yarn room too.

That is what would bother me....knowing i would never use it all. My yarn all fits in one shelving unit, so its very little in comparison. And yet it nags me, trying to decide how to use it. Some yarns i do consider a " collection" and i am glad just to have it, even if i never complete an FO from it. Most of my yarns i really feel i NEED to use, or pass on to someone else, not just have it sitting there indefinitely. So if i had that quantity of yarn i would go bananas trying to figure out what to do with it. Plus there are always new yarns coming out that i want to try, that i might want to use more than my current stockpile.

Sometimes i think that at least half of all the yarn and fabric that is sold is just stashed forever and never used:eek

It is sad to see all that yarn in one place & know that there is no way that she could use it all in her lifetime. But it also amazing to see that much yarn in one place besides a yarn store! I wonder if she'd allow me to come over & go "shopping"? :c9

It is sad to see all that yarn in one place & know that there is no way that she could use it all in her lifetime. But it also amazing to see that much yarn in one place besides a yarn store! I wonder if she'd allow me to come over & go "shopping"? :c9

Heh heh, she didnt accumulate all that by letting people shop!:devil

I couldn't use it all (too many other hobbies!) but if she wants it, it isn't hurting anyone. It does make me feel like a complete amateur at yarn stashing. I already forwarded the link to my husband (who just spent the day running to every Michael's in the area with me so I could pick up the rest of the yarns I need for my current project---one of them is obviously being discontinued since it was only 99 cents---for Homespun---when I finally located it). He is a huge enabler in my purchasing of yarn (and fabric and cross-stitch supplies) but I think he might say this woman just has too much stash.

I should of mentioned that I have six of the really large totes filled with yarn. They are divided into categories, like baby yarn, crochet cotton, rug yarn, sport yarn and so on. I also have four totes of materials. They too are labeled. So I think I have a tendenancy to hoard myself. My yarn is all in clear plastic bags and kept really nice, not out where it could get dirty or ruined. We had a pipe break in our basement last year, water sprayed all over, but my stuff stored in the plastic totes stayed nice and dry no odors either. LOL

Wow -- that makes me feel a little better about my own excess! I'm not really jealous of her yarn, but I am a little jealous of her great storage shelves! I have more yarn than I think I will ever be able to use, but not nearly as much as her stash! I wish I had a store nearby with her inventory! As long as she is not wanting for other things, not letting any other financial obligations going wanting, not neglecting anyone or anything to amass this stash, then I think it is up to her. If it is causing any family conflict or keeping her from other responsibilities..... then she needs to re-evaluate. I'm certainly not her judge, though!

I should of mentioned that I have six of the really large totes filled with yarn. They are divided into categories, like baby yarn, crochet cotton, rug yarn, sport yarn and so on. I also have four totes of materials. They too are labeled. So I think I have a tendenancy to hoard myself. My yarn is all in clear plastic bags and kept really nice, not out where it could get dirty or ruined. We had a pipe break in our basement last year, water sprayed all over, but my stuff stored in the plastic totes stayed nice and dry no odors either. LOL

Six labeled totes---that is a carefully collected supply, not a hoard! Now maybe if you had 600 totes we would worry about you :lol

Seriously, I understand that the level of disorganization is one of the hallmarks of hoarding. I found this on the Mayo clinic site http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hoarding/DS00966/DSECTION=symptoms

Points out the diff between hoarding and collecting. I think if it is somewhat organized and you know where it all is and it is not interfering with your life, it is not really hoarding.

Archived