2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't get to post last week, so I'll add it to this week. I got the teddy bear done :cheer, but almost didn't have enough brown. I had to use some from my stash to sew it together, it was a tiny bit darker, but I hid it well. The bear is for a girl's 2nd birthday. I hope she likes it. I didn't have any idea what to do next, so I started Christmas stockings again :lol. I used 3 balls and rolled a skein down (+4) :clap.

WTD: + 4 YTD: + 37

Ellie 13

Please pray for strength and peace for her husband Ron and the rest of the family.

I read this yesterday, but didn't know what to say at the time as it broke my heart. Most definately, prayers are being said :hug

I am tired. I was up most of the night with friends. Marilyn has been battling cancer. Had her last chemo 2 weeks ago. Her body was tired and stopped working. The spirit was strong, but the body was not. Marilyn went to heaven at 4:30 this morning. I was one of a couple of friends that went to be with her while she went through chemo. It is because of her that I started to make chemo hats. I was able to almost finish 2 hats with my last time with her. I told her all about them. Please pray for strength and peace for her husband Ron and the rest of the family.

I'm so sorry. My deepest sympathies go out to you and your friend's family.

I need to post super early this week because I don't think I'll have a chance this weekend.

I worked two skeins down into balls working on the prayer shawl and then used two other balls to make fringe for a scarf.

So, for week ending May 19, 2012:

WTD: +4 / YTD: +27

I have been MIA for a week or so now. My computer is throwing temper tantrums and we are going to try to get it fixed. I think we should just get a new one, but my DH insists on getting it fixed. I just don't understand men.

I didn't post my scores last week. It was just a WTD of +3. Not a record breaking score by any means.

I hope to get things rolling again soon.

:manyheart

I have been MIA for a week or so now. My computer is throwing temper tantrums and we are going to try to get it fixed. I think we should just get a new one, but my DH insists on getting it fixed. I just don't understand men.

:manyheart

Computers (and men) can sure be frustrating sometimes, can't they!!

Thanks Mona!!! lol I was really hoping you would get your shipment this week so I wouldn't look so bad. hehehe 14 skeins were at the house yesterday as expected. Anyone want to try and do better??? :rofl

Received all the yarn I had ordered today :blush

17 Skeins from Knit Picks

19 skeins from JoAnn's

36 skeins = -72

I have cotton for dishcloths, washcloths, and doilies

Regular ww acrylic for assorted projects

Multiple skeins of Caron Simply Soft for an afghan

3 skeins of sock yarn for playing with.

SIGH

19 skeins from JoAnn's

36 skeins = -72

SIGH

thanks Shannon for saving my day. :rofl

I was able to get some more hook time in over the last 2 days. But not enough for points :( I'm working on the border of my mcal ghan (finally) and with 1 round per color, I'm just not finishing anything :shrug

thanks Shannon for saving my day. :rofl

Glad I could help :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn :coffee:dance

I've used 4 balls of yarn this week and rolled 1 skein into a ball. I may be rolling down 3 more skeins and using a few more balls depending on how much I get done tonight and tomorrow.

But I'm pretty sure that the -72 for the week isn't going to change much :ohdear

I have very serious marital troubles and didn't crochet and look at forum from almost two weeks :(

Hope your troubles are getting better and you can get back to some crocheting.

I used up a ball today.

19 skeins from JoAnn's

36 skeins = -72

SIGH

darn- shoulda gone shopping :devil

looks like you will be having fun for a while,

I am determined to use up stash this week-- so far so good +12 :hook

darn- shoulda gone shopping :devil

looks like you will be having fun for a while,

I am determined to use up stash this week-- so far so good +12 :hook

There is still time...you are in Wyoming, same as me....several more shopping hours available :devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

There is still time...you are in Wyoming, same as me....several more shopping hours available :devil:devil:devil:devil:devil

really-- where?

I'm, 12 miles from a Walmart and 2 hours from Joann's-- so if I want anything "special" I have to order it- as you did :crocheting

I have been crocheting but just not using enough yarn to count. So my count for the week ending May 12, 2012 is:

WTD: 0

Maybe I will have better luck this coming week.:shrug

I haven't had much time for crochet this week. Having a day of catching up on chores.

WTD=+2 YTD=+50

Archived