2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I was just going to go in to AC Moore and grab one skein of Dusty Purple....YEAH RIGHT!!!:rofl Ended up with two books and 9 skeins. I'll be having a tiny score adjustment this week.

I'm going to go shopping at your house yarn_geek! Love all that Mosaic!!

:turtle:vheart

Me too! Me too! Especially if that gray four footed furbaby that appeared in one picture will help me.

I'll stop and pick you up on my way to her house. :lol

:turtle:vheart

:lol Sounds like a plan! Tia'll be happy to help. She's rather partial to the Sugar'n Cream skeins, though, so if you want some of those, you might want to bring some bacon to distract her. :drool:devil

Mmmmmmm...... bacon!

post-33647-135897745165_thumb.jpg

I got a bit of crafting in the past couple nights, but nothing to make a dent in making my skeins to balls :think:shrug

Which reminds me, I think I still need to reset my numbers in my signature for the week....better check that now!

I'm so exhausted keeping up with my husband after his surgery. Had no time for myself the last couple days. I'm working tonight, so maybe I'll get some time to knit. I still don't know if I can go to my knitting/crochet group on Friday.

:manyheart

Started a basket weave crochet baby blanket this afternoon. It will be a small one to be donated (check my signature for where it's donated). I'm using a pounder, so I doubt I'll use enough to count.

(here's the pattern for the basket weave blanket: http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2012/02/nesting-basket-weave-crochet-baby.html)

I'm getting a head start on this week. After cleaning the corner in the living room there were balls of yarn that BEGGED to be used on the scrap 'ghans. So now at +9

used up 2 more balls on a scrap hat and the scrap'ghan. Have a few more I hope to get on the 'ghan tonight.. but, for now +11 :cheer

I used up one skein doing my sweater, and I'm almost done with a skein doing the Bernat CAL, so I'm hoping to have at least 2 skeins used up by Saturday. :crocheting

Of course, I'm not sure how much time I'm going to have to get anything done, seeing as we're having my birthday party this Saturday (much cleaning to do before then!)

I'm getting a head start on this week. After cleaning the corner in the living room there were balls of yarn that BEGGED to be used on the scrap 'ghans. So now at +9

Some little tyke was in my spare room last weekend and saw a big bag full of yarn balls " All of this is little balls of yarn??? WOW!!" :P Guess that means my hooks should be doing the same that yours are doing. But first, I actually was able to pick up the flannelghan last night and whip stitch two panels together. Not much usage of yarn, but at least the feeling of something accomplished was there. :D

I didn't do much last night, only made 1 square for the mcal.

Started a basket weave crochet baby blanket this afternoon. It will be a small one to be donated (check my signature for where it's donated). I'm using a pounder, so I doubt I'll use enough to count.

(here's the pattern for the basket weave blanket: http://deliacreates.blogspot.com/2012/02/nesting-basket-weave-crochet-baby.html)

That's really pretty :manyheart

used up 2 more balls on a scrap hat and the scrap'ghan. Have a few more I hope to get on the 'ghan tonight.. but, for now +11 :cheer

Used up a skein and another ball!! The skein was one that hadn't been wound into a ball..Love it when I find those sometimes! +14

I need a picture of my scrapghan..it's been awhile. But, here is picture of my scrap hat!:pinterest

post-35596-135897745683_thumb.jpg

I haven't been active in here for a while. After moving about a month ago, we didn't have internet for almost 3 weeks, and I have been doing some crocheting, but haven't actually gone through any skeins until this week. I'm participating in the Bernat CAL, and used up a skein this week of it, but I had to replace it. I also finished up a skein of cotton yarn in the tote I'm making, but unfortunately, it was about 25 stitches short of being done, and so I'm gonna have to go find some more today. I also acquire a lovely shade of coffee brown that I'm going to pair together with a light blue to make a hairpin lace afghan. Since I've moved to Central PA, there are a lot more places to buy yarn, and I don't see myself coming into the positive anytime soon!

I know its Friday and barely noon, but I know I'm not doing any crochet tonight or tomorrow because I have company coming so I'm going to post my score. I hadn't posted my score in the last month because my power cord for my computer died so I had to wait on the replacement, the kids were sick, then hubby pulled an ab muscle and was on a lifting ban which included not lifting his kids.

On the other hand, we got rid of a chair, reclining loveseat and a dining table w/4 chairs, and I bought a regular matching loveseat and full-length sofa and a new dining table that has a leaf and 6 chairs.

Oh, and to get the new furniture in the house, we had to do some furniture rearranging so a larger bookcase with doors on it made its way into my bedroom to store my crafty stuff. Which meant I had to do some rearranging in my room and sorting.

Yes, there's a point to the story :lol Monday, I went through my entire stash, pulling out a bunch of skeins, none of them could even be turned into balls. I had 3 boxes stuffed with 93 skeins! I sent them to Hilltoppers which helps handicapped and developmentally disabled people find and maintain jobs. They opened a thrift store in the middle of December.

Week Ending 3/10/2012

WTD: +186 | YTD: +166

Yes, there's a point to the story :lol Monday, I went through my entire stash, pulling out a bunch of skeins, none of them could even be turned into balls. I had 3 boxes stuffed with 93 skeins! I sent them to Hilltoppers which helps handicapped and developmentally disabled people find and maintain jobs. They opened a thrift store in the middle of December.

What a wonderful thing you did! I'm sure you'll make a lot of people very happy... :c9

That was a great donation you made. :hug

I can't see me doing so much crocheting to make a dent so I'll just keep it at what it is now.....

wtd: 0

however, I would like to annouce that I went to ACMoore yesterday and walked out without ANY yarn!

Third day with a migraine and local charity group meets on Monday. Yarn colors just swim together so won't get anymore done today. Wish I could work by touch...maybe after dinner.

Third day with a migraine and local charity group meets on Monday. Yarn colors just swim together so won't get anymore done today. Wish I could work by touch...maybe after dinner.

I'm sorry that you are having migraine headaches. They are awful. Rest if you can.

I know its Friday and barely noon, but I know I'm not doing any crochet tonight or tomorrow because I have company coming so I'm going to post my score. I hadn't posted my score in the last month because my power cord for my computer died so I had to wait on the replacement, the kids were sick, then hubby pulled an ab muscle and was on a lifting ban which included not lifting his kids.

On the other hand, we got rid of a chair, reclining loveseat and a dining table w/4 chairs, and I bought a regular matching loveseat and full-length sofa and a new dining table that has a leaf and 6 chairs.

Oh, and to get the new furniture in the house, we had to do some furniture rearranging so a larger bookcase with doors on it made its way into my bedroom to store my crafty stuff. Which meant I had to do some rearranging in my room and sorting.

Week Ending 3/10/2012

WTD: +186 | YTD: +166

That's a great thing to do. The yarn you don't want anymore can be used by other people. Great idea to donate your yarn. And to a good cause.

I can't see me doing so much crocheting to make a dent so I'll just keep it at what it is now.....

wtd: 0

however, I would like to annouce that I went to ACMoore yesterday and walked out without ANY yarn!

Madness...utter madness!!! :rofl:rofl:rofl

I'm sorry that you are having migraine headaches. They are awful. Rest if you can.

Migraines...my favorite hobby...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

:hug

Archived