2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

*sigh*

I go to yarn group to USE the yarn and end up coming home with 3 skeins and 5 balls of yarn LOL how does this work?

My score isn't looking so hot now..... LOL oh well - at least I made it through January in the positives :)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you realize how many cubes.... Many of us are way past cubes and use rubbermaid totes... The BIG ones! :D and no we cannot see our stash well and yes that could be part of why we go buy yarn.... But to be honest... My name is Mary, and i am a yarn addict....

HAHAHAHAH...So far 20 cubes and counting. I still have the tubs for the spillover that will happen when I do go to the store and buy more because it will "call" me.

SOOOOO....My name is Cheryl and I to am a yarn addict! :hook

I made a skein into a ball last night :clap Expect to do another tonight, but we shall see :lol

I'm still :sick so I havent gotten much done the last couple of days. My hooks & yarn are lying there calling my name, but I have to keep telling them that I'm sick & really don't feel like playing. :(

I hope your feeling better today :hug

I WILL be finishing off 3 balls today!!!! I started on the border of my blue star shell afghan last night and I will be finishing it TODAY!!!!! I started on the star shell blankets (2 twin size) on January 13th!!! And now, 7 weeks later, I'm almost done!!!! I can't express how happy I am to be almost done!!!!

I WILL be finishing off 3 balls today!!!! I started on the border of my blue star shell afghan last night and I will be finishing it TODAY!!!!! I started on the star shell blankets (2 twin size) on January 13th!!! And now, 7 weeks later, I'm almost done!!!! I can't express how happy I am to be almost done!!!!

:cheer :cheer Go, go, go :cheer :cheer

I dog sat again, and this time, brought my crochet bag with. Started an afghan, frogged it because it was getting too large, and then started another one. Did about 12 rows on it, so I used over half the skein. Tonight, in my relaxing time, I will try to use up the rest. I have to get to zero at least.

:manyheart

I finished my teal and camel/warm brown cap this morning. I thought I would use all of the teal in making the cap and I did. :jumpyay:woo:jumpyay In fact I ran out of the teal with 3 stitches still to do. So I just grabbed the other end of the camel/warm brown and made those last stitches using the two strands of camel/warm brown. So that adds another +1 to my score for this week.:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay I have now started a new child's UBW cap using black and white.

Ok, I am officially hopeless when it comes to $1 yarn. I made the mistake of going by the rack in Wal-Mart and some colors of the Bernat Baby Boucle and Baby Coordinates were marked down to $1. So instead of +29 for the week, now it's just +7.

But at least it's still positive. Just not as much room left for the planned on line order--enough for 2 afghans, a baby blanket and some misc. for scarves.

The blue star shell afghan is DONE!!! YAY!!!! I've never been so happy to be done with a project!! And this is the absolute LAST time I will EVER do 2 afghans in the same pattern back to back again!! But I added +3 to my score by finishing off 3 balls!! YAY!!!

Now I'm on to a single color granny baby blanket for my cousin's baby. I have to have it done in time for the baby shower on the 10th.

post-55092-13589774381_thumb.jpg

post-55092-135897743814_thumb.jpg

The blue star shell afghan is DONE!!! YAY!!!! I've never been so happy to be done with a project!! And this is the absolute LAST time I will EVER do 2 afghans in the same pattern back to back again!! But I added +3 to my score by finishing off 3 balls!! YAY!!!

Now I'm on to a single color granny baby blanket for my cousin's baby. I have to have it done in time for the baby shower on the 10th.

Very pretty! Great job!

Finished a skein earlier in the week and don't plan on buying any yarn, so it looks like I'll end the week in the positives.

Speaking of yarn addicts, I've been dragging out and organizing my stash this week. I was only able to get 4 pics taken before it got too dark out today, but I should be able to get the rest done tomorrow. I won't post them all here because last year, I ended up with eighteen pictures. Considering the fact that I've added around 500 skeins since I last did this, I may end up with even more pics this year.:lol It all depends on how I end up grouping them. Here are the 4 pictures I took today.

post-33647-135897743838_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897743842_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897743845_thumb.jpg

post-33647-135897743848_thumb.jpg

Love the pictures of your yarn. I could benefit from pulling all mine out and resorting, and hopefully condense, my bins. Need to send DH away for the day if I do that though.

Finished for the night so will post my weekly total. I finished 4 chemo caps, two preemie ghans (one with matching hat), and have another about three-quarters done. Picked up my Kindle today and got caught up in a new book. A change of pace but boy does the time fly by.

For week ending March 3rd:

WTD: +9 YTD: +54

Your afghans are gorgeous, Jennifer. You did a great job. I enjoyed the pictures of your yarn, yarn geek. One day soon I hope to get all of mine out and reorganize it. I just wonder how much yarn I do have.:think:scrachin

Jennifer - Those afghans are gorgeous!!!

Yarn Geek - All I can say is that I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. Love looking at other yarn aholic's stashes.

Here's my total for this week. Another big fat ZERO.

Awww, thanks ladies!!!! :D:manyheart:c9

I don't think I'll use up any significant amount of yarn before tomorrow, since I'm using a pounder for the granny 'ghan. Especially since I have to take DD dress shopping tonight after her cheer practice is over and she has cheer competition tomorrow which will take up half the day! :cheer. But I feel really good about my +6 for the week!

Gorgeous :manyheart

Finished a skein earlier in the week and don't plan on buying any yarn, so it looks like I'll end the week in the positives.

Speaking of yarn addicts, I've been dragging out and organizing my stash this week. I was only able to get 4 pics taken before it got too dark out today, but I should be able to get the rest done tomorrow. I won't post them all here because last year, I ended up with eighteen pictures. Considering the fact that I've added around 500 skeins since I last did this, I may end up with even more pics this year.:lol It all depends on how I end up grouping them. Here are the 4 pictures I took today.

:drool :drool :drool

I think I'm having Yarn Envy!!!! :devil

I'm so jealous of Yarn Geek! :lol :lol :lol

I'm hoping to have some more skeins used up by the end of the week. I used up one skein so far, making the Bernat Mystery CAL, and I'll probably use up another one over the weekend (hopefully by Saturday night, when I put my totals in).

:crocheting

Archived