2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Rolled a skein into a ball as I was knitting on my sweater. So I'm at a plus 1 so far.

I may buy a couple skeins this week, so I can do a granny square blanket. But I will stay away from the clearance bins at HL when I go.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only bought the two that I needed! It's hard to do, but I did it. Only Two skeins. I am going to make a purple and navy granny square blanket. Three shades of purple, and the navy as a border and a ruffle around it. It should turn out great.

Well, I finally located the brown bamboo size 10 crochet thread that I bought last year for a cute wrap in the Thread Crochet for Today booklet. Now I'm wondering why I ever thought I wanted to make anything larger than a bookmark from thread! My 55-year-old eyes just aren't up to it any more!

Now I guess I'll have to find a thread orphanage!

finished a ball and rolled my next skein down to a ball to get started.... whew - working on afghans is tough work! I only get 1 or 2 squares done a day if I'm lucky.... and I need 90. OH BOY!

15 down, 75 more to go.

Finished off one skein today so far, and I should finish off one more. Plus, dd took another skein of yarn yesterday what she's needing for the KAL. So, I'm at a +4 right now for the week. I hope to increase it more as the week goes on.

I finished a child's UBW cap yesterday in a rose and pale pink, but had plenty of yarn left. So no score there. This morning I finished an UFO - a beanie done in the colors of maroon, gold, medium denim blue, and a light denim blue. That used up the last of the light denim blue. Yahoo!!!! A +1 for me. Now working on another child's UBW cap using a purple and a hot pink. Funny thing is, depending on the light, the purple when mixed with the hot pink looks maroon. It is turning out pretty though.

I was dog sitting today. The dog gets upset when left alone, so I went to sit while my friend went to work. I got to work on my knitting, and I finished up the ball of yarn I was knitting with. I'm finished with the yoke on my sweater. So I'm still at a -2 for the week. But I'm trying really hard to get to Zero or positives.

WooHoo...Used up two skeins on projects for the church festival and working on finishing another skein today. I'm Getting better on this stashbusting :hook.

I even bought wire cubes and put all my yarn in them so I could see what I have instead of just going to the store and buying more. I do like going to the store and buying more but my stash is way more than I thought. :eek

I can't figure out why a yarn manufacturer would think that yarn needs to be scented!

Nasty!!! Scented yarn that smells like bengay? Whoever thought of that needs to have their head examined.

WooHoo...Used up two skeins on projects for the church festival and working on finishing another skein today. I'm Getting better on this stashbusting :hook.

I even bought wire cubes and put all my yarn in them so I could see what I have instead of just going to the store and buying more. I do like going to the store and buying more but my stash is way more than I thought. :eek

Do you realize how many cubes.... Many of us are way past cubes and use rubbermaid totes... The BIG ones! :D and no we cannot see our stash well and yes that could be part of why we go buy yarn.... But to be honest... My name is Mary, and i am a yarn addict....

Do you realize how many cubes.... Many of us are way past cubes and use rubbermaid totes... The BIG ones! :D and no we cannot see our stash well and yes that could be part of why we go buy yarn.... But to be honest... My name is Mary, and i am a yarn addict....

A closet and then big plastic totes on top of that!

My name is Mona, and I'm a yarn addict, too!!

But the good news is that I got rid of 7 cotton balls, 12 acrylic balls, and 3 skeins of thread! Trying to get enough points built up so I can buy yarn without going in the negatives.

Used 2 skeins on a personalized baby afghan my husband made me make (but then again, he also let me buy all that yarn the last 3 weeks :manyheart) Bought 1 skein Sunday. Need to figure out what color to do this next personalized afghan. So +2 for the week.

Now, to figure out how to keep track of all of you :)

My name is Kathy and I am a yarn addict. But I do come by it naturally. My mother and oldest sister, who both taught me how to crochet, were yarn addicts also. I think I might faint if all of my yarn was put out on display. Faint for the enormous amount I have. But I sort of look on my enormous stash as insurance. You see my hubby is retired (He retired in '08) and we live on a fixed income. As the years go by and we have less discretionary income, I will still have plenty of yarn to crochet with.

I finished my hot pink and purple UBW child's cap this morning. But still have enough yarn left of both colors so won't be able to add to my score. There is very little of the hot pink yarn left but its enough to make a couple of rounds in a cap. So I will hold onto it and use it one day when I want to make an accent stripe or stripes in a cap. I am now working on a child's UBW cap in a camel/warm brown and teal. I might be able to use up all of the teal but not the camel/warm brown. So for this week I am still at a +1.

That depends on how many cubes you use :devil I have a whole wall covered with them-- and a few totes on top------

and yay +7 thanks to my scrap 'ghan and Bernat CAL

I'm still :sick so I havent gotten much done the last couple of days. My hooks & yarn are lying there calling my name, but I have to keep telling them that I'm sick & really don't feel like playing. :(

Archived