2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 more skeins of yarn followed me home from work:blush

And I never got my score posted for last week, when 13 followed me home:eek

I have used some, but not that much. Someone remind me to actually post my score this week. And how do you all keep track of all you use?

I write it down each week - otherwise I'd never be able to keep track! :lol If I use a skein, I write down that I did (and the color and what it was used on) and the same goes if I use a ball... I also write down my points as I go so it's a lot easier to post my score at the end of the week (that is, when I have a score!! :lol) :hug Hope that helps!

Finished up a skein on my baby 'ghan I'm working on for DH new grand neice. Finished up 2 skeins on one of Sue's new tote patterns! I actually didn't have enough for the middle section, but it is turing out really cool anyway!

+6 :woo

Wellll I had to change my MC on the mystery CAL so 6 skeins of yarn, plus a 7th in case the new color didn't look good..but I think it will work -8

I have used some, but not that much. Someone remind me to actually post my score this week. And how do you all keep track of all you use?

well in part I keep a tally here.. Whenever I buy or use I post here quoting my last post and then adding to it..like I did above.

For my business I always have a spread sheet open on my computer and I have a sheet there that I've used in the past as well.

Started a new Ugly but Warm cap last night. Again it's for a child and I am using a ball of kelly green and a ball of a lighter green. It's not a soft baby green; it's a little deeper shade than that. It does blend well with the kelly green. Hope I can finish it today and maybe add some more to my score (which is +4 so far) for the week. :woo

I have a desk calendar beside my computer. I keep a list in the margin of the points and color/yarn that I've used and maybe where the yarn came from or project it's for on the yarn coming in. I update my signature when I post my score each week.

I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't space again this week...

I got my Bernat Mystery CAL yarn shipment in, so I gained 13 skeins right there. Then I had to get 3 more skeins for my Special Olympic scarves (I managed to use one), so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -30 YTD -18

:eek :blush :blush :blush:devil

I'm hoping to use up some yarn today at my knitting/crochet group.

I've had a busy, rough week, but it's going to end on a high note. Getting a new car!

:manyheart

Well, since I check in every day at work, I tally what I used the day before. I only have time to crochet in the evenings so don't have any problems remembering what I worked that night. Then add it in to my signature line so it's always up to date. That way I don't have to really worry about it. At the start of the new week and when I post my scores for this week, I'll set my WTD back to 0 :think I hope that helps

Is it too late to play along?

Of course not, come on in and pull up a seat :wink

I've had a busy, rough week, but it's going to end on a high note. Getting a new car!

Congrats on the new car :clap

I don't get to add or subtract from my score today. I made another square for the mystery CAL and decided that I'm going to give the KAL a go as well so started the first square for that, again though, nothing to amount to points :sigh

New Car????? :cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer

Drat! Called out of town but taking projects.

Given to knitting group (16 skeins) = +32

Used in projects (1 skein) = + 2

Bought (14 skeins) = -28

Total Used this Week +6

At least I didn't go backward!

post-7249-135897739014_thumb.jpg

Woohoo! My girls have raided my stash this week & put my YTD score back into th positive as well as gave me a big boost for this week! They've taken 14 skeins this week for the Bernat CAL/KAL & another project that they decided at the last minute that they wanted to participate in. Add that to my previous total for this week and I'm at +33 & I'm still not done crocheting for the week! I should finish up another skein tonight and maybe another one by tomorrow night.

Question!

I'm working on a magic ball afghan right now. I made lots of small balls, when I felt like joining a bunch with Russian Joining. Then I just used up a basket full of balls about baseball sized. Right now the ghan is about 3ft long.

What would I score myself on that?:think

Question!

I'm working on a magic ball afghan right now. I made lots of small balls, when I felt like joining a bunch with Russian Joining. Then I just used up a basket full of balls about baseball sized. Right now the ghan is about 3ft long.

What would I score myself on that?:think

You get one point for each ball you completely use or each ball that you created (basically half a skein). You get 2 points for any full skeins you used up. Does that help? :D

You get one point for each ball you completely use or each ball that you created (basically half a skein). You get 2 points for any full skeins you used up. Does that help? :D

Yes! Thanks...didn't know if the balls that are only made of scraps would count. I thought it was for skeins that had been wound into balls. Durhhh!

:yarn

I haven't used enough to count for anything this week YET - we have no plans for tomorrow (other than movie night, and I can hook during a movie...), and I'm hoping to get some good hooky time in then!! :)

What I normally do though is if I break a skein down into more than 2 balls, you still can get no more than 2 points per ball. 2 points for a total skein or any variation of that skein (2 balls = 2 points, 4 balls = 2 points provided all the balls were created from the same skein)... otherwise why not break down one skein into multiple balls and use them all up for more than 2 points?

Archived