2012 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I used up a ball last night while making my 11th square and started a new skein to finish it and now have my 12th and final square started :clap So I have to add my +1 to my siggy line :yes

I'm dreading the ends. Each color pattern has 3 colors, 2 ends per color, and I haven't weaved any in since the blanket was less than 20" long. I've got a TON to do.

I hate weaving in ends too :eek I usually try to work them in as I go if I'm able to which helps me out a lot :whew

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once I got home from school last night, there just wasn't enough energy left to crochet. Me and the pooch just sat in the chair and watched TV as the hubby slept on the couch.

I know that feeling oh too well. I haven't done too much crocheting have been working on an essay for English class plus swimming class has been a lot of exercise last week managed to do 22laps.

I did manage last week to use 2 skeins of yarn and a ball of yarn for +5 but wait my fiance bought me a skein of yarn so -2 which would amount to +3 but today I used a skein of yarn so again I am breaking even.

I bought a pounder today to use for preemie blankets. So -2 for me so far this week.

Of course, the nice thing about the pounder is that you got ALL THAT YARN for only -2 points!!!

:c9

YIKKEES! Here it is Friday and once again I haven't used up skeins of yarn. I have been working on the same tote for two weeks now but can't get enough time to finish it. Oh well, there are still many more weeks in this year.

WTD = 0 / YTD +2

Someday these numbers will move.

Cheryl :)

I think I'm going to wait to post my totals. I used up one skein, but I'm going to my SnB group tonight and am going to work on my Granny Afghan, so I'm hoping to use up at least another skein there.

:crocheting

I finished my 12th square last night and started joining :yay But, I'm thinking I really should make it bigger and go for the 20 squares although I really don't WANT to :no So if before a border it's measuring in at about 31" by 40".....do you think it would make a nice bridal shower gift? Input is appreciated here :hug

YIKKEES! Here it is Friday and once again I haven't used up skeins of yarn. I have been working on the same tote for two weeks now but can't get enough time to finish it. Oh well, there are still many more weeks in this year.

WTD = 0 / YTD +2

Someday these numbers will move.

Cheryl :)

Look on the bright side, at least your not in the negatives :wink

I think I'm going to wait to post my totals. I used up one skein, but I'm going to my SnB group tonight and am going to work on my Granny Afghan, so I'm hoping to use up at least another skein there.

Good luck :cheer :cheer :cheer You can do it!

Crocheted last night and am getting closer to the end of a skein, but just not quite there yet. Maybe by tomorrow night. We shall see :)

You can do it too! :cheer :cheer :cheer Good luck.

I finished weaving in the ends and got 4 of the 8 triangles of the afghan joined last night. 4 more to go. Joining black to black is for young eyes!

My eyes are fairly young and they hate black too :think:eek But WTG on only having 4 more to go :yay:clap

So if before a border it's measuring in at about 31" by 40".....do you think it would make a nice bridal shower gift? Input is appreciated here

That sounds like a good lap size. Just depends on whether you want lap size or bigger throw.

:jumpyay:woo:jumpyay I finished my over size lapghan this morning. Now I am finishing up a UBW cap that I was working on before starting on the lapghan. Not sure if I will use up enough yarn to add to my score for this week but we will see. So will post my totals tomorrow.

I'm sure this will be blindingly obvious after I find out the answer, but what is an SnB group? :think I've been trying to figure it out all day, and it just gave me a headache.

I hope you got a bunch of yarn used up while you were at the SnB group! :crocheting:hook

It seems everyone is in positive territory this week! Way to go! :woo

:waving Bye! Bye! Yarn stashes!

I'm sure this will be blindingly obvious after I find out the answer, but what is an SnB group? :think I've been trying to figure it out all day, and it just gave me a headache.

I hope you got a bunch of yarn used up while you were at the SnB group! :crocheting:hook

It seems everyone is in positive territory this week! Way to go! :woo

:waving Bye! Bye! Yarn stashes!

:think I'm pretty sure it stands for Stitch 'n Bitch... :D

:hug

Well, I've finished the body of the blanket I've been working on and am working on the border. Having to get creative with the border and come up with it as I go. It's just a simple shell border, but the way the blanket pattern is written I've had to wing the corners to get it to come out right. This is the first time I've ever really "winged it". lol. And I'm writing down what works since I have to make an identical blanket after I finish this one!

So for now, I'm at 0 for the week. I bought yarn, but have used up 2 balls. I might have another ball gone by tomorrow evening if I can get the border finished up!

Here's the blanket, pre-border:

post-55092-135897733313_thumb.jpg

Well, I've finished the body of the blanket I've been working on and am working on the border. Having to get creative with the border and come up with it as I go. It's just a simple shell border, but the way the blanket pattern is written I've had to wing the corners to get it to come out right. This is the first time I've ever really "winged it". lol. And I'm writing down what works since I have to make an identical blanket after I finish this one!

So for now, I'm at 0 for the week. I bought yarn, but have used up 2 balls. I might have another ball gone by tomorrow evening if I can get the border finished up!

That's beautiful!! :cheer Great job! :manyheart

I haven't done much this week with my hook; I have done more than last week though!! :cheer

I made up a 12" square, and might have used between a third and half a skein. I also started on a potholder set for a friend of mine, however I'm using cotton on a cone so I already know I won't begin to make a dent in that!! :lol

I'm up and out of here bright and early in the morning; my 2nd born has Solo & Ensemble tomorrow. I'm taking the cone of cotton along, maybe I can finish up that potholder!! :hook

Have a great Saturday everyone! I will try my best to have a score... if not, though, no biggie as I haven't brought in any yarn to count against me... :rofl

:think I'm pretty sure it stands for Stitch 'n Bitch... :D

:hug

:oops Duh! I told you it would be blindingly obvious! By the way, isn't there a smilie for a headslap? I could have sworn there was one, but I can't find it for the life of me. (Probably another flash of the blindingly obvious.)

It looks great! I'm sure you'll do great on the border! Good luck on finishing that next ball! :crocheting:yarn:yarn:yarn

Pretty busy crocheting week:

WTD +6

Here's what I've been working on. Also I've gotten the afghan triangles joined and I'm working on the two border rows. Then just the tassels to finish it.

Very pretty! The purple hat is fantastic!

Wow--everyone's doing some beautiful work.

I've barely touched my hooks in 2 weeks. I really messed up my wrist on my dominant hand. I'm going to try to do a little crocheting today...finish up another Special Olympics scarf so I can get them in the mail.

However, my scores are just:

WTD = 0

YTD = +1

I've been working on knitting this week. The yarn just doesn't go as quickly as when I crochet.

WTD=+1 YTD=-1

One little point this week.:)

:manyheart

Archived