Hi from Chicago

Lefthook

Hi, I'm Sheila, and I need all the help I can get. I have a pug and two cats who all try to help me. I usually try to use a color matching them, so the hair won't show. I taught myself to crochet when I 'inherited' dozens of skeins of yarn and and hooks from my mother. I also got some knitting needles, so I'm learning to knit, too. I like crocheting better, though. The first thing I did was a baby afghan. It turned out to use a difficult stitch (popcorn?), but I didn't know that it was hard, so I just did it. It came out fine. There's something to be said for sheer ignorance! :haha Glad to be here--looking forward to learning a lot.

Hi and welcome from CA! :) I also have a dog and a cat but fortunately the dog doesn't shed. The cat will occationally scatter my crochet work about the house! :rolleyes The kitty sheds a little bit. I've made her little kitty blankets to sit on to keep the fur to a minimum, but she'll only sit on blankets that belong to other people!

Bonjour Sheila! Welcome to Crochetville from an American living in Belgium! Ignorance is indeed bliss! I started out by picking an afghan pattern....had no clue whatsoever in what I was doing...I managed to pick one of the most difficult patterns in the book, but with sheer perseverence I managed to complete it!

Archived