would you pay this much????

I was looking for baby pastel yarn on E-bay and saw this: :eek

http://cgi.ebay.com/Box-Of-Yarn-Baby-Birthday-Blanket-Kit-By-Debby-Ware_W0QQitemZ8216587754QQcategoryZ37577QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I thought oh that's kinda cute and then I saw the price......90.00!!!!! You could buy alot of yarn for that price. The seller was probably just hoping to get a couple of bucks for it. The starting bid was .25. The bids went from 1.49 right to 40.00. I was hoping that someone wanted to enter 4.00 and it was a typo, but then more people bid on it!!!:eek

No way would I pay that! Just think of all the crochet hooks from TOTC you could get w/that money!!! Or yarn or whatever!! And I agree, buttons on a baby blanket???? What are these people thinking?? I would be terrified to let any baby I know have that. Who can figure?

There's no way in the world I would pay that much. You can find prettier things for alot less money. Some people just have nothing else to do except spend money. It blows my mind when I see crochet hooks sell for over $400.00 for just one hook on :ebay

>> Unless the kit includes a little grandma robot who will hop out and crochet it for you, it's not worth it. I'm baffled! <<

:rofl

Personally, I think the amount for that kit is too much, too.

I dunno, would the little grandma robot do windows? If she would, it might be worth it ...

My goodness! There's no pattern or kit worth that much money! However, there are always people willing to pay top dollar. I worked at our local Michaels Store over the holidays and many people would buy the most expensive yarns and spend hundreds of dollars on things they could have easily gotten cheaper, but they dropped that credit card without even thinking. Heck, I NEVER go into a craft store without a coupon anymore since we're on a very tight budget!

Oh man no way would I spend that, just think of the yarn you could buy with that money...pick and choose even.

A fool and their money are soon parted :think

Hey I could go for one of those robot grandmas.....wonder if we can get a group rate?

Archived