In October I will

fc1123

so what is my excuse then?? I have no more kids at home...wait I have a 5lb dog..does he count? :rofl

why stand in line? do the postage ON line not in line! then all you have to do is drop off the box and not have to wait for a clerk. Here at the big post office in the big town nearby there is even a night drop for boxes

Hehe umm, we also have 3 cats and 2 dogs :D

We only have one post office, and its a fairly small town, compared to where a lot of people live, but ours has a self-serve teller, complete with a scale. You can also buy stamps at that thing. I tend to just use that when I send packages since I still have to go and drop them off. Small town but lots of retirees sending packages to their family so almost always have to wait in line 20 minutes, minimum, because they only have 1 or 2 tellers running the counter, which means its faster and easier on yer sanity to send UPS or FedEx at Christmas :lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the shawl tonight!

In Oct I will:

1) finish the "Miss Mouse" purse for Jillybean (need for 10/15):check

2) finish the comfort/prayer shawl for Debbie (would like to del. 10/15):check

3) make Maddie's Christmas stocking

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (0/5)

5) wrap/package Sept scarves for CC for del. to crisis center

6) update CC website

7) work on Christmas presents

In October I will:

finish the Special Olympics scarfs and mail

make applebutter

finish The Wizard and the Glass

finish Dracula

Make babydoll quilts for Christmas

finally make my pot grabbers

clean out the spare bedroom (my sons want seperate rooms again)

This is ambitious for me but would also like to;

make turtle and elephant pin cushions

sew an apron

and depending on how the two above come out make some for Christmas :think

This really helped last month. Lets see where it goes this month;)

so what is my excuse then?? I have no more kids at home...wait I have a 5lb dog..does he count? :rofl

why stand in line? do the postage ON line not in line! then all you have to do is drop off the box and not have to wait for a clerk. Here at the big post office in the big town nearby there is even a night drop for boxes

:think I'll have to really check into this one!!! just go to the post office site??

In October I will:

finish the Special Olympics scarfs and mail

make applebutter

finish The Wizard and the Glass

finish Dracula

Make babydoll quilts for Christmas

finally make my pot grabbers

clean out the spare bedroom (my sons want seperate rooms again)

This is ambitious for me but would also like to;

make turtle and elephant pin cushions

sew an apron

and depending on how the two above come out make some for Christmas :think

This really helped last month. Lets see where it goes this month;)

Just found another to do (thats thanks my looking through crochetville threads)

organize my projects, yarns, and books by using Ravelry. Hopefully this works for me.

I am working on a Rocket / Astronaut play set that Bizzyboppers was kind enough to share the pattern for.

So far I have the Rocket and one alien done. I need to make the astronauts next.

I can't wait to see the pictures. It sounds adorable.

Well, Here is September's list

I will probably only finish half or less of what I want and will probably start several other things I do not have listed .

1. Make Grace's mittens and hat (knitted project). Not done

2. Work on Groovyghan and get at least 2 panels done. Abandoned--hate colors

3. Work on Rachel's blanket and maybe finish it (knitted project). I did work on this a little

4. Send out RAOK puffy(s). Not done but doing it today

5. Use up more yarn than I buy. Failed

6. Make a Mother Bear. Not done

7. Finish Terry's socks (knitted project) . Not done

Okay now, lets get real

In October I will

1. finish Grace's mittens and hat because I must since it is getting colder.

2. finish star granny baby blankie I started in September but put in time out cause I kept having to rip out the last row I have worked on (grrr).

3. finish Kimberly's square and mail her box. (almost done)

4. figure out where I am at on Terry's socks and at least get started finishing them.

Okay. NOw maybe I can succeed.

One scarf done and another started.........

In Oct I will:

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (1/5)

6) update CC website

Plans changed overnight on me! (Ok, two days ago) I have to expand more Xmas commitments into months of planning.

1. Finish the jester hats - 1/3 on first hat.

2. Start and finish 4 pairs of FGs - Bought the patterns and yarns today.

3. Collect what I need to make a reindeer xmas display and start on pieces - need to find the magazine first! (I will start this project in Nov)

4. Beaded Bangle - Need to check the bead store to see if I can get all items. (I will start this project in Nov)

5. Janurary 3rd 2012's sweater - a birthday adult sweater for mom, need to find out what she has in mind, then buy yarn (& pattern if needed)

For this month, I figured that I will try to finish the hats & FGs and get things ready for Nov. projects.

Two more scarves done! :cheer

In Oct I will:

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (3/5)

6) update CC website

I've almost got Mrs. Santa done which will leave me free to get back to my Pilgrim outfits. One arm to finish then buttons and some trim.

I think I may actually finish another Christmas afghan this month too. If I keep up with this pace of 4 row/day it should be done by next week at the latest.

this is for the preschool auction:

I used bizzyboppers pattern for the rocket and alien and astronaut. Then i added my own moon rover.

cute!!

1.) Complete & mail my Winter Scarf & Harvest Yarn Swaps

2.) Work on the Star Baby Blanket ~ Really this time!!

3.) Start the gifts I am committing to making this year

4.) Grant at least 4 RAOKs

5.) Make at least 8 squares for the comfortghan I want to finish before Christmas

6.) Continue my weight loss goals ~ down 7lbs ~ As of 10/1/11: 176

7.) Update my blog at least 2x a week

Not as ambitious as September, but still quite a list. There are of course a few other things I want to do, but these are top priority.

:bang AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

I forgot there's something else that MUST be done in October: The baby shower gift for my husband's cousin, Carol Jean!!

*shaking head* I can't believe I forgot about it.

The "plan" is to make a blanket, hat, booties, an ami, some washcloths, a binkie keeper, some scratch mitts, and possibly a cocoon. I'll be lucky to get them done. At least with this baby shower I have a month's notice. I know what she wants as far as the theme & colors are: green, brown & cream with :monkey . Making the GSB from Attic 24 for the blanket and going to put a fabric backing on it to keep baby's fingers & toes from getting hung up. Of course the ami will be a :monkey too! Those 2 things have to be done for me to keep my sanity. I have been wanting to make this gift since I found out she was pregnant. Now, it's a 30 day race to see if I can manage it, along with the other *insert extremely huge number here* things I have going on!

So, this is #8 but more like #2.....

I better get off of here and get to :crocheting quickly!

Well, let's see...

About 30/95 rows done on the baby blanket for the shower ~ have decided against lining it

Still gathering goodies for the swaps...

Not started a single Christmas gift...

Haven't done a single row on the Star Baby Blanket...

Not a single square for the comfortghan done...

Only sent 1 RAOK...

Only updated my blog 1x...

and lastly...

Not lost another single pound!

Congratulations to you all who are actually working on your list!

However, all is not lost here. I didn't put it on my October list, but I'm making great progress on the cleaning & organizing the house project. So, guess in essence I'm doing pretty well since it's still early in the month yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll make at least a couple of check marks soon though!

This is for the Preschool Auction:

I used BizzyBoppers pattern for the rocket and alien and astronaut. Then I added my own Moon Rover.

That is super cute! Love the moon rover!

Well, let's see...

About 30/95 rows done on the baby blanket for the shower ~ have decided against lining it

Still gathering goodies for the swaps...

Not started a single Christmas gift...

Haven't done a single row on the Star Baby Blanket...

Not a single square for the comfortghan done...

Only sent 1 RAOK...

Only updated my blog 1x...

and lastly...

Not lost another single pound!

Congratulations to you all who are actually working on your list!

However, all is not lost here. I didn't put it on my October list, but I'm making great progress on the cleaning & organizing the house project. So, guess in essence I'm doing pretty well since it's still early in the month yet. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll make at least a couple of check marks soon though!

It is still early in the month, so you have plenty of time! And if you are working on cleaning and organizing your house you have my vote for all the check marks you want! :lol You can come clean/organize mine if you want. It's a mess! :blush

I work and live the totally opposite side of town as the post office, the times I can go so does everyone else! The last thing I want to do after I get off work is to stand in line for an hour.

I am a heavy user of Click 'n Ship as I can never get to the post office due to my work hours. And they have free boxes that you can order that they will deliver to your door! (Although the delivery is real slow, so you might want to build up a stash.) It's wonderful! You print your mailing label on plain paper that includes the postage and schedule the pick-up. You might want to check to see if the post office offers that service in your area.

It is limited to Priority Mail postage rates, but you get free delivery confirmation. The free boxes alone make up for the additional cost. And considering the hassle it saves me...

https://www.usps.com/welcome.htm

One more scarf done and I've finally started working on Maddie's stocking! I've got 5 1/2 squares made for it last night.

In Oct I will:

3) make Maddie's Christmas stocking (started working on it!)

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (4/5)

6) update CC website

Archived