In October I will

fc1123

I like having projects to switch back and forth between. The doll blanket is coming along. I have the last child afghan started again and making progress. Just to make things crazy I started a granny ripple for my Mom. The child's afghan and the doll blanket require concentrated effort to manage the pattern without needing to constantly fix. The granny stripe is a great pattern to do in company because the pattern is easy to follow.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was able to finish the blanket for the baby shower... woot!

post-18684-135897706427_thumb.jpg

I have a better picture on the digital cam but haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. so sorry for the "unfinished" look of it in this cell photo..

I've started the stuffed monkey, but am only about 1/2 finished with his head.

I've NOT updated my blog 2x a week. Not even once a week! Just .. ONCE! lol

Still at 175, so no progress there.

You all are doing so great with your lists. This time I think I'm just overwhelmed with so many different things popping up. I'll tone it down a bit next month!

[ATTACH]46866[/ATTACH]

I have a better picture on the digital cam but haven't uploaded them to the computer yet. so sorry for the "unfinished" look of it in this cell photo..

You all are doing so great with your lists. This time I think I'm just overwhelmed with so many different things popping up. I'll tone it down a bit next month!

the blanket looks great! Hey at least you updated you blog, that's something! It's easy to get stresses this time of year. I was starting to let things get to me, then I realized (with the help of some friends) that life and my health is just more important. Things will get done! :hug

Finally got my act together and packaged the scarves from September and updated the Compassionate Creations website today! Whew! :lol

In Oct I will:

1) finish the "Miss Mouse" purse for Jillybean (need for 10/15):check

2) finish the comfort/prayer shawl for Debbie (would like to del. 10/15):check

3) make Maddie's Christmas stocking (started working on it! Finished!!!):check

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (6/5):check

5) wrap/package Sept scarves for CC for del. to crisis center :check

6) update CC website :check

7) work on Christmas presents

:clap:clap Wow I've hardly started my list. Way to go.

[ATTACH]46866[/ATTACH]

No reason not to aim high. I'm behind this month also. Maybe its the nice weather here. I keep looking for reasons to go outside. :D

I delivered the prayer shawl (it will get to its final recipient tonight)

and last night I made some deviled eggs!:lol

I got this message in my email on my phone first. Now it makes sense! Those look great!

In Oct I will:

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (7/5):check

7) work on Christmas presents :check

In Oct I will:

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (7/5):check

7) work on Christmas presents :check

Ann,

You're AMAZING! You checked off all of your list AGAIN! :cheer

I need some of whatever it is that helps you stay on track and motivates you. No matter how hard I try it seems that I run into a bunch of obstacles that won't let me have time to do everything I need to in the time I've got to do it! :sigh BUT, I'll make another list for November and try again!

Ann,

You're AMAZING! You checked off all of your list AGAIN! :cheer

I need some of whatever it is that helps you stay on track and motivates you. No matter how hard I try it seems that I run into a bunch of obstacles that won't let me have time to do everything I need to in the time I've got to do it! :sigh BUT, I'll make another list for November and try again!

Thanks, but I just have a lot of time on my hands and no little ones at home to interrupt me. Just a big one! :lol

In October I will:

1.) Complete & mail my Winter Scarf & Harvest Yarn Swaps

2.) Work on the Star Baby Blanket ~ Really this time!!

3.) Start the gifts I am committing to making this year

4.) Grant at least 4 RAOKs

5.) Make at least 8 squares for the comfortghan I want to finish before Christmas

6.) Continue my weight loss goals ~ down 7lbs ~ As of 10/1/11: 176

7.) Update my blog at least 2x a week

Not as ambitious as September, but still quite a list. There are of course a few other things I want to do, but these are top priority.

:bang AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

I forgot there's something else that MUST be done in October: The baby shower gift for my husband's cousin, Carol Jean!!

*shaking head* I can't believe I forgot about it.

The "plan" is to make a blanket, hat, booties, an ami, some washcloths, a binkie keeper, some scratch mitts, and possibly a cocoon. I'll be lucky to get them done. At least with this baby shower I have a month's notice. I know what she wants as far as the theme & colors are: green, brown & cream with :monkey . Making the GSB from Attic 24 for the blanket and going to put a fabric backing on it to keep baby's fingers & toes from getting hung up. Of course the ami will be a :monkey too! Those 2 things have to be done for me to keep my sanity. I have been wanting to make this gift since I found out she was pregnant. Now, it's a 30 day race to see if I can manage it, along with the other *insert extremely huge number here* things I have going on!

So, this is #8 but more like #2.....

I better get off of here and get to :crocheting quickly!

1. :check

2. :check (just grabbed it and completed a round so I could say I did! LOL)

3. :check I just finished a hat for my BIL and started the scarf, so technically I did start the gifts!

4. I only sent out 1 RAOK, but I'll try to do better in November. October has been insane!!

5. I didn't get to make any myself, but I did receive 14 so far from you amazing ladies here and it's going to be a beautiful comfortghan when it's finished!

6. Only managed 1lb, but that's better than gaining some back!

7. Definitely did NOT meet this one, but I did update it 2x this month.

8. Blanket is done and monkey is in the works.

So, it isn't "complete" but I did work on it! Will carry some over and rethink others. Best wishes to each of you in your November lists!

Archived