In October I will

fc1123

I can't believe it's October already and almost half way through the semester of school. Well here is my short list of what I am going to try and complete in October:

1. sew 5 squares together

2. work on my blanket

3. weave in ends to 3 dishcloths

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In October I will.....

* finish granny square blanket

* finish up 5 Christmas granny's for swap and mail them out

* finish Harley blanket

* one doily

* one scarf...I've been thinking about checking out Goodwill for fun sweaters to make one out of.

In October, I will:

• Make my scarf for my swap partner.
  • Mail out my swap partner's package.
  • Finish my neighbor's hooded scarf.
  • Finish the baby washcloths for Nicole.
  • Mail out a package to my friend in Maryland which has various crocheted items in it (for her and her friends up there who are pregnant).
  • Make the second glove of the fingerless gloves I started last month.
  • Add one more skein to Emma's blanket.
  • Start Zach's blanket.

To anyone curious as to why mailing packages out is a big deal, just ask a mom with more than one kid, especially if they're the same age :D Nearly impossible to do it AND maintain sanity.

1 - Finish the sweater for my son

2 - Make another pair of wristers

3 - Make halloween costume #1 for son (probably sheep)

4 - Make halloween costume #2 for son (probably a monster or ghost)

Extra credit:

- hats and mittens for the little ones, depending on how cold it gets

- halloween trick or treat bags (if time permits)

In October I will:

1.) Complete & mail my Winter Scarf & Harvest Yarn Swaps

2.) Work on the Star Baby Blanket ~ Really this time!!

3.) Start the gifts I am committing to making this year

4.) Grant at least 4 RAOKs

5.) Make at least 8 squares for the comfortghan I want to finish before Christmas

6.) Continue my weight loss goals ~ down 7lbs ~ As of 10/1/11: 176

7.) Update my blog at least 2x a week

Not as ambitious as September, but still quite a list. There are of course a few other things I want to do, but these are top priority.

To anyone curious as to why mailing packages out is a big deal, just ask a mom with more than one kid, especially if they're the same age :D Nearly impossible to do it AND maintain sanity.

I work and live the totally opposite side of town as the post office, the times I can go so does everyone else! The last thing I want to do after I get off work is to stand in line for an hour.

In October I will..... (or at least hope to)

1. add what squares I have to my friendship'ghans

2. Make I think it is 4 dish cloths for swaps

3. Make my swap partner their winter scarf

4. Complete and mail out all other swap items

5. Work on Christmas ornaments

(I think that's it, I should probably make my list up.)

:bang AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

I forgot there's something else that MUST be done in October: The baby shower gift for my husband's cousin, Carol Jean!!

*shaking head* I can't believe I forgot about it.

The "plan" is to make a blanket, hat, booties, an ami, some washcloths, a binkie keeper, some scratch mitts, and possibly a cocoon. I'll be lucky to get them done. At least with this baby shower I have a month's notice. I know what she wants as far as the theme & colors are: green, brown & cream with :monkey . Making the GSB from Attic 24 for the blanket and going to put a fabric backing on it to keep baby's fingers & toes from getting hung up. Of course the ami will be a :monkey too! Those 2 things have to be done for me to keep my sanity. I have been wanting to make this gift since I found out she was pregnant. Now, it's a 30 day race to see if I can manage it, along with the other *insert extremely huge number here* things I have going on!

So, this is #8 but more like #2.....

I better get off of here and get to :crocheting quickly!

:bang AAAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!

I forgot there's something else that MUST be done in October: The baby shower gift for my husband's cousin, Carol Jean!!

*shaking head* I can't believe I forgot about it.

The "plan" is to make a blanket, hat, booties, an ami, some washcloths, a binkie keeper, some scratch mitts, and possibly a cocoon. I'll be lucky to get them done. At least with this baby shower I have a month's notice. I know what she wants as far as the theme & colors are: green, brown & cream with :monkey . Making the GSB from Attic 24 for the blanket and going to put a fabric backing on it to keep baby's fingers & toes from getting hung up. Of course the ami will be a :monkey too! Those 2 things have to be done for me to keep my sanity. I have been wanting to make this gift since I found out she was pregnant. Now, it's a 30 day race to see if I can manage it, along with the other *insert extremely huge number here* things I have going on!

So, this is #8 but more like #2.....

I better get off of here and get to :crocheting quickly!

Good luck! You can do it!!! :cheer I love that blanket! Notice that I haven't put up my list yet? I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do for the month! :lol:blush I'm soooo bad!

Good luck! You can do it!!! :cheer I love that blanket! Notice that I haven't put up my list yet? I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do for the month! :lol:blush I'm soooo bad!

You could probably list a million things and accomplish every one of them! Your list last month was totally finished and I bet you did even more than what was there!

With some determination and LOTS of concentration, I should be able to do everything on my list this month. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Saying a little prayer might not hurt either!

Finish the Christmas present Afghan I am working on

3 Pilgrim 18 Inch doll outfits (finished one yesterday)

Start 3 Santa 18 Inch Doll Outfits (almost finished the hat of one yesterday)

1 Skipper Pilgrim Dress

1 Barbie Pilgrim Dress

In October I will:

Finish 2 baby blankets

Make at least 10 squares for my dd's afghan

Catch up my grannies for a xmas blanket

Finish 2 more strips on my deployment blanket.

You could probably list a million things and accomplish every one of them! Your list last month was totally finished and I bet you did even more than what was there!

With some determination and LOTS of concentration, I should be able to do everything on my list this month. Keep your fingers crossed for me! Saying a little prayer might not hurt either!

Ahh, well, ya got me! I did do a few more things than were on the list! :lol No were near a million though!:lol Got my fingers and toes crossed for you and saying some prayers too! :hug I'll be back later with my list for this month!

With the xmas times coming up, I thought I need a goal list to keep me motivated.

1. Start and finish 2 strips of a knitted afghan (50 rows of first strip so far, barely starting!)

2. Finish the lapghan (officially 52% done)

3. Find the jester hats and finish 1-2 of them

4. Collect what I need to make a reindeer xmas display and start on pieces (need to find the magazine first!)

5. Add the tiles to my weight loss afghan (ongoing project)

6. Decide on a relative's xmas and birthday gifts ( maybe x stitch duck picture)

7. Start my charity blankets after I heard from the charity coordinator.

8. Finish up a xmas striped throw (UFO)

Ok I'm going to do this again this month since it worked so well for me last month! :)

In Oct I will:

1) finish the "Miss Mouse" purse for Jillybean (need for 10/15):check

2) finish the comfort/prayer shawl for Debbie (would like to del. 10/15)

3) make Maddie's Christmas stocking

4) make at least 5 scarves for Compassionate Creations (0/5)

5) wrap/package Sept scarves for CC for del. to crisis center

6) update CC website

7) work on Christmas presents

but ..but..but...where did September go????? ACK!!!

breathe..breathe..oh that's right I have asthma :rofl

ok..

1. get shawl swap box loaded and outta here Done...

2. send stuff to sister or book plane tickets (I like the last idea better)]

3. Finish Amber's baby blanket

4. get buttons on Carol Ann's sweater

5. finish another blanket I started a looong time ago.

6. get yarn and start Wyatts choo choo train afghan! finally got the pattern..now to get the yarn!

so what is my excuse then?? I have no more kids at home...wait I have a 5lb dog..does he count? :rofl

I work and live the totally opposite side of town as the post office, the times I can go so does everyone else! The last thing I want to do after I get off work is to stand in line for an hour.

why stand in line? do the postage ON line not in line! then all you have to do is drop off the box and not have to wait for a clerk. Here at the big post office in the big town nearby there is even a night drop for boxes

The baby blanket is coming along now. It's 42" wide and so far it's about 8" long. Many, many more inches to go however, as I want it to be about 48" or better when finished.

I finished my scarf for the swap, but have at least one more in the works, as well as some more goodies so I won't be mailing it just yet. I've also done the harvest yarn shopping but will be holding off on mailing that for at least 2 weeks as I want to stuff the box as full as it will get!

I haven't had time to update my blog this week yet and I hope to get around to that today or tomorrow.

So, no checks but I am making progress. :hook

so what is my excuse then?? I have no more kids at home...wait I have a 5lb dog..does he count? :rofl

why stand in line? do the postage ON line not in line! then all you have to do is drop off the box and not have to wait for a clerk. Here at the big post office in the big town nearby there is even a night drop for boxes

Thankfully, DH doesn't mind going to the Post Office. He takes all my packages.:lol

Today I want to finish up the Santa outfit so I can get started on Skipper's Pilgrim outfit. I am really behind on this Thanksgiving box. I still have to figure out how to make a Pilgrim dress that fits Chelsea the doll between Kelly and Skipper. As of now the poor doll has no outfits other than the one she came in.:lol

The baby blanket is coming along now. It's 42" wide and so far it's about 8" long. Many, many more inches to go however, as I want it to be about 48" or better when finished.

I finished my scarf for the swap, but have at least one more in the works, as well as some more goodies so I won't be mailing it just yet. I've also done the harvest yarn shopping but will be holding off on mailing that for at least 2 weeks as I want to stuff the box as full as it will get!

I haven't had time to update my blog this week yet and I hope to get around to that today or tomorrow.

So, no checks but I am making progress. :hook

You're moving right along!!! :cheer

Thankfully, DH doesn't mind going to the Post Office. He takes all my packages.:lol

Today I want to finish up the Santa outfit so I can get started on Skipper's Pilgrim outfit. I am really behind on this Thanksgiving box. I still have to figure out how to make a Pilgrim dress that fits Chelsea the doll between Kelly and Skipper. As of now the poor doll has no outfits other than the one she came in.:lol

Your outfits sound adorable! Do we get to see pics?

My kids are grown and out of the house and all I have at home are the dog and cats so I say the dog counts! :lol

ugh, I was going to mail something from home for a change and my digital scale broke,so I couldn't weigh it! :angry Hubby went to the PO for me though! :)

Archived