Buying from Ebay

I have just received some Susan Bates Silvalume hooks from Ebay. They are color coded. I got 6 for 6.09 including shipping. I was cool with that. I also bought some cashmere/silk/wool yarn and a few other things.

How many of you check out ebay for yarn? I see some really good bargains (and some not).

Sherry

I had to make myself stop after I bought a HUGE box of bright yellow Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I may not live long enough to use it all. I can't remember for sure, I think there are 50 skeins and it is really BRIGHT yellow! :) I thought maybe I could use a lot of it for charity items as it is cheery and having one or two items in that color is fine, but after several..... you are ready for a change in color!

I had to make myself stop after I bought a HUGE box of bright yellow Red Heart Super Saver yarn. I may not live long enough to use it all. I can't remember for sure, I think there are 50 skeins and it is really BRIGHT yellow! :) I thought maybe I could use a lot of it for charity items as it is cheery and having one or two items in that color is fine, but after several..... you are ready for a change in color!

Use that for the stash buster totes! It makes a really bright tote, but if you use more muted colors for the variegated it turns out really nice!

Me too I find some yarn that is reasonable and some discontinue colors too. Found many patterns to that I like. I also compare what they are selling to sometimes you do find a bargain there.

I get a lot of yarn from Ebay, and bought some great knitting needles there too.

I am familiar with yarn costs locally, and am always watchful of the shipping + bid price, so that i make sure to get a good deal.

I, too, have found some discontinued yarn that I was looking for.

I do have to watch it though, or I will be an Ebay addict.

now I think I am the odd one out here. I never look on ebay for yarn. I find the shipping for it to be so outragiuos and way not worth it.

You are not the only one. I have never bought yarn (or actually anything else from Ebay). I know there are very reputable sellers but somehow I tend to shy away from it (and I have a good friend who sells and has a 100% positive rating on Ebay).

Free shipping is a definite plus for me because I can spend a bit more on items. Once in a while a website does not offer it but a flat rate no matter how much you spend and since it is fire department related merchandise, I buy from there.

LI Roe

I've been buying off E-bay :ebaysince 1999. Love it. Awesome for that odd skein of yarn or thread that is discontinued and you can find it

on E-bay:ebay SOMETIMES.

what I mean by "sometimes" is well it is there and other times it takes weeks or months for it show up. So some Ufo's get put on the back burner till more of it is found. I have also bought books & patterns as well. But I do go to Crochetville and click on the link and buy on Amazon quite a bit to--doing it this way lets Crochetville get some of the money. I am all for helping Crochetville stay on the net. so I do Amazon thru Crochetville. I also buy other stuff on both places from time to time. Hubby and I Love E-bay:ebay.

I sure do miss Yahoo auctions.

now I think I am the odd one out here. I never look on ebay for yarn. I find the shipping for it to be so outragiuos and way not worth it.

No you're not the odd one out. I bought off of E-Bay once, got some workbasket books from the 50's to the 80's. Every time I looked after that, I saw these ridiculous prices for patterns and I just stopped looking. Maybe I should look again:yes

• 2 months later...

I've never purchased any yarn via ebay, but I have bought difficult to find hooks and out of print pattern books, almost always with free shipping. It's been several years since I bought anything crochet related on ebay, although there is one book of patterns I'm trying to find.

I have just discovered ebay for my crochet addiction! This past week I have bought 2 books and some tiny pom-poms that I can't get at my local craft store. I have been searching for some forest green thread on ebay but I haven't been able to find any for a price I can justify. It's okay though because I found those other things, lol!

Archived