Interweave Knits Crochet

HollyM

Sigh. Went to three different bookstores Saturday looking for it, no luck. Still haven't seen the FC one either. It baffles me that any bookstore would carry Interweave Knits but not the crochet version; ditto for the FC mags. So many people knit and crochet both, you'd think it'd be a no-brainer for the people who do the ordering! (And considering the multiple versions of crocheted lei books I've seen around here, it's obvious Hawaiians crochet!)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far magazine distributors are concerned, Interweave Knits is a five issue per year subscription, with one of those issues being the crochet sprecial. Any store that receives IK should receive Crochet, also... but, it is up to them if they chose to return it w/o displaying it. Keep in mind that this mag isn't *supposed* to be out until sometime later in the week... My store carries it and we haven't received it yet, either.

[This is what I've been telling myself so I don't go crazy that it hasn't come yet!!]

Damn! I wrote down that it was coming out tomorrow, and I could've looked today.

And now I went to the website and I'm not too impressed. Maybe I'll cahnge my mind when it's in my hands.

I wasn't impressed, either, when I looked at the website, but I thought I'd give it a chance, you know, in the hopes that they'd publish more than once a year. I'm glad I bought it, even if I won't make everything in the magazine; it's just nice to see what's in there.

I was pleased to see that a yarn store in Iowa had an ad in there; I *never* see in-state ads in national magazines. I'll definitely have to stop in next time I'm traveling across the state, and say thanks for promoting crochet! :hook

I'll have to run out and look for it... it sounds like there might be some good patterns in it, depending on personal taste. It's the only crochet magazine I can find around here though - maybe a couple of knitting mags - but I never see Crochet, Crochet Fantasy, Family Circle Easy Crochet or anything like that. It's so sad! :shrug

I picked mine up at a Hastings Music/Book/Movie store. I know they're located in the small towns in Texas, not sure of anywhere outside of it. Anyway :P, I love it! Everyone has different tastes in clothing, decorating, especially crocheting, and the colors and designs are much more my style. Not that I'll ever get around to making everything in it. :lol

I love the Go-Go Granny Bag, designed by Candi Jensen. I want to use it for my tote bag for teaching.

I really don't like the shell stitch hat. Unless you (A) are a fashion maven or (B) want to dress up as a 50's housewife for Halloween, it just doesn't seem useful or wearable. But, like I said above, everyone's tastes are different.

I love the hoodie and am very tempted to make it for this winter.

I was particularly impressed with the increase in yarn ads showing crochet patterns or mentioning how yarns do work well in crochet, which we've all known that they have but the yarn companies have been reluctant to admit through their ads.

:irk I looked at 2 different Micheals, 1 JoAnn's, Walmart, my grocery store...did I find it? No. Did anyone that I asked know anything about it? No. :angry Well, I don't have a Barnes and Noble by me, maybe I will try Borders or Meijer tomorrow.

Okay... I bought mine with a 40% coupon at JoAnn's - and they had tons of copies so I can pick you one up tomorrow, Jessi, if you want -

But - I *haven't* allowed myself to look through it yet. I have to go to class in 45 minutes and it's imperitive that I have reading material. So, it's driving me crazy cuz I have it sitting out in my car and I have not even opened the pages!!

Agh! The self control is killing me!!

I'm hoping I enjoy it as much as I did last year's issue. When that one came out I wasn't as sure about my abilities, and alot of the clothing daunted me. Now, I feel more confident and am looking forward to some exciting patterns! :hook

I read it. :yay I love it.

My only complaint??

Twice, they referred to Lily Chin as the world's fastest crochter and she's not anymore.

I like articles, and like Tiffany said, how the ads are geared more toward crochet. Still not a fan of the conehead hat, but I love the pirate's coat and the prism shawl and sweater made out of Divine.

Definitely a worthwhile purchase.

...I love the Go-Go Granny Bag, designed by Candi Jensen. I want to use it for my tote bag for teaching.

I really don't like the shell stitch hat. Unless you (A) are a fashion maven or (B) want to dress up as a 50's housewife for Halloween, it just doesn't seem useful or wearable. But, like I said above, everyone's tastes are different.

I love the hoodie and am very tempted to make it for this winter.

I was particularly impressed with the increase in yarn ads showing crochet patterns or mentioning how yarns do work well in crochet, which we've all known that they have but the yarn companies have been reluctant to admit through their ads.

I didn't like the shell stitch hat either, but it may be cute made with a nice yarn instead of raffia.

The Go Go Granny Bag caught my eye too.

i got mine at barnes and noble yesterday.:hook

The most exciting thing about it is the ad for Knitscape. Is is a magazine of hybrid techniques and it comes out next month.

I picked it up yesterday and I was surprised at the price, lol! Not bad at all, some projects are better than others. They had plenty of copies at the AC Moore I shop at, and plenty of the FCEC as well. I also picked up a skein of the new LB wool, just to try out felting. :D

:fluffy

Okay... I bought mine with a 40% coupon at JoAnn's - and they had tons of copies so I can pick you one up tomorrow, Jessi, if you want -

Ok, Nat. I will let you know as soon as I check at Borders. Thank you so so much!! I suppose I could try and get some self control and wait for them to appear here...but well, :devil , you know me. Lol. I'll email you. Thanks again!

I received mine yesterday from the wonderful Vera and there are some great patterns in there. I can't wait to lose more weight so I can start stitching. Oh, and what in the world are they thinking about that raffia hat??? :think

I finally found this magazine yesterday...at Publix (a grocery store). :clap:yay Don't that beat all? Nowhere to be seen at craft stores or book stores.

And the icing on the cake was that I only semi-embarrassed my 14 year-old daughter by actually squealing with delight when I saw the magazine practically hidden on the rack.

Archived