Interweave Knits Crochet

HollyM

Thankfully, I read this thread this morning and thought I'd check it out sometime. But my fiance wanted to stop at our favorite Chinese Tea place (Seven Cups, for those of you in the Tucson area) to get some take out iced tea. Well, Kiwi Knits is only a few stores away, so I had to go in! (they're open until 6pm on Saturday!) The lady there was quite ok with me bringing my tea into the shop, too! (said she wished more people would bring tea and stay to knit :) )

Among the only 2 crocheting items in the store was the Interweave Knits Crochet magazine. I began looking through it and found the hyperbolic manifold and so that sold me. I'd seen it before, but to have "nerd crochet" in a magazine was the greatest!

And I loved some of the other projects too! :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a delightful suprise from my boyfriend on Friday. We were on our way to go out for lunch when he produced the new Interweave Crochet 2005 from behind his back!!! I was so happy. I had mentioned that I wanted this magazine awhile back, and actually planned to buy it, but he beat me to it!! He also bought me the new Family Circle Crochet the week before! I love him so much! :manyheart:hook

I had a delightful suprise from my boyfriend on Friday. We were on our way to go out for lunch when he produced the new Interweave Crochet 2005 from behind his back!!! I was so happy. I had mentioned that I wanted this magazine awhile back, and actually planned to buy it, but he beat me to it!! He also bought me the new Family Circle Crochet the week before! I love him so much! :manyheart:hook

That's awesome! Mine was just sending me emails asking where the crochet hooks were (he's working on a project for the cats and thinks most of the fashionable stuff in the magazines is just silly, but he'll come around).

I had to go to Walmart today for my son. He needed a card for his cell phone. ( he is 17 and uses minutes like crazy, I refuse to get him a plan with my credit card until I feel he is responsible enough to pay for the monthly charge) . Anyway, while I was there I figured I would look at their magazine section. I had asked the manager during the summer, why there are never any crochet magazines and he said he would look into it. I never saw any so I figured they wouldn't bother. Well guess what! They had the Interweave Crochet magazine!:jumpyay I couldn't believe my eyes, no store anywhere near me has ever carried Interweave. I am lucky if once or twice a year I see a crochet world or Family Circle crochet. Needless to say, I snapped it up. I love the Hoodie sweater and the scarf will be perfect for my niece and my nephew's fiancee for Christmas. I will have to keep checking to see if they get any more crochet magazines now.

Wendyb532

Archived