Interweave Knits Crochet

HollyM

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:( I've already asked the magazine chick at our store (walmart doesn't actually have anything to do with the magazines they carry btw, it is all merchandised....same as the books and music sections ;) ) and they won't be bringing in that magazine to our area :( so I'm either going to have to buy it online, or wait and see if my library will have it...then put myself on the "list" LOL

I just ran over to Borders (for other purposes....) and they had the IK Crochet on the shelves too.

Holly

Now that I read that I remember seeing the last issue at my borders.

OMG! i'll refrain from using dirty words - but let me just tell ya - i'm mad!! i pre-ordered this (*^(&^ thing! nothing in my mail box yet! they leak my credit card info to who knows who ( charges a college tuition, someone else thousands and more...)! nothing in my mail box yet! and they are on the shelves in stores already!?! with (you guessed it) nothing in my mail box yet!

:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

:irk:irk:irk:irk:irk

sorry 'bout the rant

OMG! i'll refrain from using dirty words - but let me just tell ya - i'm mad!! i pre-ordered this (*^(&^ thing! nothing in my mail box yet! they leak my credit card info to who knows who ( charges a college tuition, someone else thousands and more...)! nothing in my mail box yet! and they are on the shelves in stores already!?! with (you guessed it) nothing in my mail box yet!

:angry:angry:angry:angry:angry

:rant:rant:rant:rant:rant

:irk:irk:irk:irk:irk

sorry 'bout the rant

rebecca you have the right to rant. thank god i didn't pre order it with my credit card., dealing with that once was enough thank you, i am sorry hon, want me to pick one up for ya and you can tell them to credit your card? would serve them right:angry :angry :angry :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug :hug take care

Lucky you, I have to subscribe to any magazines I want, there are no stores that carry any around me. If I'm lucky I might find one at the local Michael's or Jo-anns but they don't carry many of them either. Our local walmart doesn't get any at all, ( they used to, but stopped a year or so ago) and neither do any of our supermarkets or drugstores. I hear a Barnes and Noble bookstore is going to open at our mall next year so maybe I will have some luck then.

Wendyb532

I picked up my copy at the Woolie Ewe on Wednesday. I think they had it earlier because they're listed in the back of the magazine as a knitting store in Texas - ie, I think they bought that "ad" and therefore got the magazine early.

It's super! :D

I bought mine this morning at Stonebriar in Frisco - at BandN - they had a few copies. Its okay, I have to say I think I like the FC Crochet better. I really like the scarf on the front and it looks like a breeze....there's a cardigan out of LB colorwaves I like also.

I picked mine up at Borders today, and frankly, I'm disappointed. There wasn't a single thing in it that I immediately thought "OMG! I have to make that!!!" There's a few things in there that are fine, and I might make the fingerless gloves for some co-workers, but mostly, I've been looking at the ads.

While I generally like Interweave publications, I liked Family Circle's Easy Crochet much, much better.

Picked up Interweave at Borders today. At first glance I'm not too impressed. I loved last year's but this one just seems "OK". I'll have to give it a more through look thru later.

-Jen

I just looked at today at the bookstore and did not get it. There was only one thing I'd ever consider making and even that (the sweater/hoodie) I have no idea when I'd ever get to it.

I didn't get last year's either.

I've only seen the FC one a Michael's but didn't have time to look through it or get it. I'm hoping I like stuff in it. I won't buy it without looking though.

I've also seen the calender and pushed down on my list to a Christmas gift that my husband get me if he wants.

I'm sure you'll all be coming to take my hooks from me now. :lol

I was delighted to see the new Interweave Crochet at my LYS today. I like the projects in it, but what really caught my eye was the essay by Annie Modesitt entitled, It Most Certainly is My Grandmother's Crochet on the last page.

I've felt that same way and blogged about if over a year ago. It you have the magazine, do give it a read.

I was delighted to see the new Interweave Crochet at my LYS today. I like the projects in it, but what really caught my eye was the essay by Annie Modesitt entitled, It Most Certainly is My Grandmother's Crochet on the last page.

I've felt that same way and blogged about if over a year ago. It you have the magazine, do give it a read.

Well, I'm starting to see the Family Circle Easy Crochet magazine in more places now. (JoAnn's; the grocery store; etc.) But I had to go to the LYS to find Interweave Crochet. The LYS is located right next to a used bookstore, so I had to stop there too and take a look and ended up with Crochet Holiday Collection, Crochet With Heart Best Loved Afghans (I have never made an afghan but there's a really wonderful one in there that I may end up making for dear hubby) and Knitter's Stash: Favorite Patterns fom America's Yarn Shops. Also the LYS had bamboo circular knitting needles on sale. (Yay, now I can try knitting socks on 2 circular needles.)

So I guess I don't have to go shopping again for quite a while!

Interweave Crochet mentions Crochetville and Crochet Pattern Central, by the way.

just thought i would let ya all know that in this magazine is a nice article(small one but nice ) about our very own crochetville, and it also mentions yarn tomatos (donna) and crochet dude(drew) blog along with a few other things, woooohoooo we are now ultra famous. hehehehe thanks everyone for making this place the best.:hug :hug :hug

i cant find it either andrea.. however.. will admit to not looking too hard either LOL .. my Michaels didnt have it yesterday when i went for a few beads.. and neither did walmart on friday but.. they probably will soon .. i think the newstand date was the 5th anyway so i am not too worried..

i do NEED that pirate jacket though.. i have my yarn for it already !!

I picked my up at my LYS-after I called the shop and checked. I liked many of the patterns and while some maybe more complex and I may not get to them- I was intriqued by the necklace and the lovely spiral scarf. I did not that some patterns have more expensive LYS yarns-others did use paton's or lion brand yarns. A nice mix. The articles are good too!!

Debbi

Just picked mine up at BN Friday night.....has some great patterns...really like the prism shawl and the Milan dress.

I also found a copy of a Family Circle Crochet Magazine and the patterns were great..think this one is my favorite! The Crochet Fantasy also had some nice patterns!

Archived