darski at that other place

someone mentioned that there is now some Darski who is posting at Ravelry :devil

My only request if this is the case is that you will let others know that it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not me.

:ty

When I searched for "darski" it didn't come up with your name. However, it doesn't search anything but forum names and won't look for personal names or nicknames. If I see someone questioning it I'll definitely mention you aren't the same. But you could join Rav as "darski" if you want to. Or nor. Your choice, obviously... :D

Thank you for your response. I would appreciate it if you made it clear that I have absolutely nothing to do with that site if my username happens to be shared by another person.

:ghug

Aaaaaak! Those links certainly make it look like you're on Ravelry! Anyone know how to stop people from doing this?

I am NOT a member there so I cannot check the links.

I joined very early and asked to be removed almost as quickly. Well as long as no one thinks I go there it will be fine... :ghug

thank you all for your assistance.

darski -aka darlene cutler

Can't you just click on the links.? They look like some of the patterns you have posted here. Did you post them a long time ago and forgot about it?

If you don't want them there you should be able to email Ravelry and asked to have them removed.:think

I was able to click on the links - usually stops be at the home page. It looks like people are posting pics of what they made with my patterns.

Like I said... as long as no one believes that I go there there's no harm; no foul.

It could be that it's just members who made your patterns and are linking to the pattern here, because it dosen't show a member using that name but just links to the patterns from the ones who made them.

I was able to click on the links - usually stops be at the home page. It looks like people are posting pics of what they made with my patterns.Like I said... as long as no one believes that I go there there's no harm; no foul.

You figured it out too while I was typing. good.

Maybe you're more famous in the 'crochet world' than you realise :D

Actually it is because I am so well known for my doll work that I thought it was strange for someone else to use that name... she said humbly :rofl

I clicked on your link without signing in and I was able to see it. I actually seen that and I thought that was Darski adding her doll patterns.

So that's why I didn't say anything.

Carol:hook

QUOTE=craftyone;2317896]Can't you just click on the links.? They look like some of the patterns you have posted here. Did you post them a long time ago and forgot about it?

If you don't want them there you should be able to email Ravelry and asked to have them removed.:think

It's because you are the designer, does not imply that you are a member. Any member can create a pattern page and give credit to the designer and the source of the pattern. There's no implication that the designer is on Ravelry, in fact many have created pattern pages for vintage patterns published decades, even centuries ago, and obviously the designers aren't members!

You don't have to be the designer to create a pattern page, but you can't post copyrighted material (such as photos from a book or designer's website) without permission. You could, however, post your own photo of your own project using that pattern. [Darski, it seems you can't see the links but the photos in the links above are not yours] You can see that the pattern pages were created by other members; usually a designer will use her/his own photos (the poster's member name is automatically attached to the photos) , but there's no evidence of Darski or Darlene except the designer's name.

The pattern page is not the pattern itself, it can have a link to a pattern on-line (for free or for purchase); if it's from a book currently in print there may be a link to buy the book on Amazon. Otherwise it will tell you the name of the book or magazine which may or may not be available except on e-bay.

Nothing nefarious about this, aside from helping to locate patterns this feature also allows you to view projects others have made to get color scheme ideas and read comments on modifications, etc. It's not much different than your patterns being listed on Crochetpatterncentral, except that members can exchange information about it.

It looks like other people are posting things they've made from your patterns.

You COULD (if you wanted to) join again and use your name so that no one else can take it and pretend that they're you. You don't have to participate there but it would prevent anyone else from pretending to be you.

Don't know how this happened to you, but this is the start of a message that was sent by Ravelry awhile back...it might have something to do with the confusion, and is something all Ravelry users should take seriously...

"Read before continuing: Security Breach Information

Emails with this information were sent out on June 4th - 7th. Please don't be alarmed if you just found out, we do not think that there is any risk yet.

An attacker recently managed to break in to one of our secondary servers. Once inside, they were able to access user names and encrypted passwords."

It contains additional info also...

I remember that. The security team that they hired didn't think that the info was compromised but took all the precautions necessary and had everyone change their passwords just in case. They also advised that if you use the same username and password anywhere else to also change the passwords in the other places.

This is just people posting that they made stuff from darski's patterns. You can be a member at ravelry and not do anything other than claim the user name.

Darski, like others said, you may want to consider creating an account as "darski" just to prevent anyone else from using that name, if you're really worried someone might do that some day and create confusion.

If you don't want to participate there, you can leave all your profile fields blank. You can also set things so members can't contact you. Basically, it would just be a placeholder.

Although, it is a very common thing for usernames to be held by different people in different places. So I wouldn't worry about it too much, unless someone started pretending to be you. And I doubt that's going to happen.

Thank you all.

As I said - I just didn't want people to think that I went there. I really don't care if there is another darski who goes there and does whatever - as long as no one thinks it is me. :ghug

Darski, i just wanted to say that you have beautiful, well-written patterns. Thank you for sharing them here at the 'Ville! You have made some little (and big) girls very happy!

Hi Darlene,

I asked a friend to confirm what I suspected.

Ravelry has a "feature" where its members may display their finished projects and the source. Part of this is their "designer" section, so that a designer can be searched and members can then see the work of other members USING your patterns.

Part of the information shown about the pattern includes where to find it. I was told yours link to where you have posted them in Crochetville.

The up side is that they have always been reasonably careful to properly credit the Pattern Author

The downside is that you have no control EVEN if you are member of Ravelry.

So while it is not you posting, the postings are being "credited" to patterns you have authored.

If you are not happy, I have the contact info for Ravelry's attorney around here somewhere or you can just sent a letter to their business address.

Hope this explains.

Wheat

@ Wheat... thank you for all your work.

As I have said, as long as no one thinks I am a member there or that I posted them... I really don't care.

:think if it also brings more business to our 'Ville then so much the better.

:ty

Thank you all.

As I said - I just didn't want people to think that I went there. I really don't care if there is another darski who goes there and does whatever - as long as no one thinks it is me. :ghug

Thank you all.

Why would it have you so upset to have people think you go to the other site? There is nothing subversive about it. I would venture to say more Crochetville members also have a Ravelry membership than those who do not. There is no loyalty oath that we will only belong to one crochet group.

I also have a Ravelry membership and enjoy both places! Someone already had my DebraKay name over there, so I had to use the name FLDebra on Ravelry. No big deal. IF it ever comes up, I will just tell people it is not me.

Nice that you have earned a reputation for your dolls under the darski name but surely someday another darski will cross paths in the crochet world. It will just be a matter of who registers first. I doubt anyone would want to pretend to be you -- unless you have some lottery winnings outstanding. :D hehehehe.......

Thank you all.

Why would it have you so upset to have people think you go to the other site? There is nothing subversive about it. I would venture to say more Crochetville members also have a Ravelry membership than those who do not. There is no loyalty oath that we will only belong to one crochet group.

I also have a Ravelry membership and enjoy both places! Someone already had my DebraKay name over there, so I had to use the name FLDebra on Ravelry. No big deal. IF it ever comes up, I will just tell people it is not me.

Nice that you have earned a reputation for your dolls under the darski name but surely someday another darski will cross paths in the crochet world. It will just be a matter of who registers first. I doubt anyone would want to pretend to be you -- unless you have some lottery winnings outstanding. :D hehehehe.......

I'm on Ravelry too. Craftyone was already taken there, so I'm leftycrochets there. I enjoy both groups.

Archived