My Very First Afgan :)

beneath the stars

I decided to go crazy for my first blanket. All the colors I picked were variegated and I used a J hook. I also used double crochet for this one because it was the easiest for me at that time.

This is when it was one color from being finished:

post-49818-135897658993_thumb.jpg

And this was the final product:

post-49818-135897658997_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone! :D my aunt and grandma told me that for a single crochet it was very tight and it's not usual for someone to have work that neat. I don't mean to talk myself up or whatever, but it was just nice hearing that from them.

Very nice blanket!!!! My first one wasn't nearly as nice. :)

Mine wasn't either. Nice job. :clap The variegated colors make it a lot of fun because it's a little bit of a mystery of how it's going to turn out.

Mine wasn't either. Nice job. :clap The variegated colors make it a lot of fun because it's a little bit of a mystery of how it's going to turn out.

Oh definitely. I agree with you there. The 4th color in the second picture (the one before the camo colored section) was such an interesting color to work with. Usually the variegated comes out in a pattern after a while but that color didn't. It might be one of my favorite colors on it though, purely because it's so different from all the other colors.

Very nice love the color combination. Congratulations on your first afghan great job. Welcome to Crochetville too.

Thank you and thank you :) I'm so glad I found this place! :yes

Yeah I started the second one about 2 weeks about. It's red, white and blue stripped. For my sister's birthday in July. Hopefully I'll get it done by then lol :)

You've definately got an eye for color. Great job for your 1st afghan. Can't wait to see your next one.

(hey, I'm over here by Titusville. If you ever come this way, give me a shout. I know place where we can sit and chat while crocheting and drink tea/coffee and eat homemade muffins and such.)

Archived