crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

:rofl I just realized I shortchanged my first SB tote by a round of v stitches :eek Oh well, I'll do this one the same since they're for my mom and aunt :shrug Everytime I counted the rounds up I started counting at 7 instead of 6 up to 20 :oops:rofl Thought you could all use a little chuckle at my expense :wink

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could it be old age coming up from behind to get me??:think

Nope, just me sneaking up behind you and throwing yarn in your cart! :rofl

:)

OMG Im In! The purse swap would be awesome! Gosh I miss one day and I get back and I almost missed a tote swap! I was delivering a BABY!!! My sister had her baby yesterday and I got to deliver him! I finally earned my stork pin! :) I am a proud auntie of a little boy Jameson.

Penny

P.s. All the totes are awesome~

Congrats Auntie Penny! :cheer

How do you felt the bags?

Penny

I have a front load. I run it through a couple pre-wash cycles (hot, hot, hot) and then one full cycle in a zippered pillow cover with a couple towels. I add in some baking soda cause that's what my Mama (kuddles) told me to do. :)

:rofl I just realized I shortchanged my first SB tote by a round of v stitches :eek Oh well, I'll do this one the same since they're for my mom and aunt :shrug Everytime I counted the rounds up I started counting at 7 instead of 6 up to 20 :oops:rofl Thought you could all use a little chuckle at my expense :wink

That's why I use a row counter. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Here they are all felted!!

Kuddles bag

[ATTACH]38827[/ATTACH]

SBT

[ATTACH]38828[/ATTACH]

Each shrunk a few inches each way (height and width).

Very, very pretty.

I have a question for you. If I were to try your felting directions on myself, do you think I would shrink a few inches all over?? :rofl :rofl

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

how is everyone this fine Tuesday morning?

I'm doin' good! Hubby is doing good after his first day of his last round of chemo.... My 12yr old is doing great.... still in remission. My 10yr old is busy these days hunting bugs.... the weather is nice now... so the bugs are out! :)

My 15yr old (as of yesterday... it was his birthday) is a happy baby because of the gifts and fun he had with us the last couple days we celebrated.

Took him to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner. Its his FAVORITE ...

post-18634-135897655181_thumb.jpg

He loved his gifts! He got a new Wii... (ours broke) a new iPod touch... (his was stolen) and two certificates. One for a trip to the DMV to aquire his learners permit.. and one for a new Used car. He said it was the best birthday ever. :D

post-18634-135897655177_thumb.jpg

I whipped this up yesterday while sitting with hubby during his chemo treatment. I made a baby blanket for some friends and decided to make a bag to give it in.

post-18634-135897655167_thumb.jpg

okay... off to get some serious crocheting done today!!!

Kuddles bag

[ATTACH]38827[/ATTACH]

SBT

[ATTACH]38828[/ATTACH]

I love those bags Sue............ they came out WONDERFUL!!!

:heart

:mug

Very, very pretty.

I have a question for you. If I were to try your felting directions on myself, do you think I would shrink a few inches all over?? :rofl :rofl

Why don't you come over and I'll stick you in the washing machine to find out! :rofl

I'm doin' good! Hubby is doing good after his first day of his last round of chemo.... My 12yr old is doing great.... still in remission. My 10yr old is busy these days hunting bugs.... the weather is nice now... so the bugs are out! :)

My 15yr old (as of yesterday... it was his birthday) is a happy baby because of the gifts and fun he had with us the last couple days we celebrated.

[ATTACH]38831[/ATTACH]

He loved his gifts! He got a new Wii... (ours broke) a new iPod touch... (his was stolen) and two certificates. One for a trip to the DMV to aquire his learners permit.. and one for a new Used car. He said it was the best birthday ever. :D

[ATTACH]38830[/ATTACH]

I whipped this up yesterday while sitting with hubby during his chemo treatment. I made a baby blanket for some friends and decided to make a bag to give it in.

[ATTACH]38829[/ATTACH]

I hope Ken is doing well! :hug Glad to hear Michael is still in remission! :hug I just love my little bug hunter! :hug Happy Birthday Patrick! :hug Love the bag! :hug And another :hug just cause! :lol

[ATTACH]38831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38829[/ATTACH]

Happy news all the way around!! Love, love, love to hear that :yay

Picture #1 - what fun, fruity drink is Patrick drinking? Looks yummy

Picture #2 - love the afghan. I made one of those for a baby blanket once

Picture #3 - beautiful bag~where can one find the pattern??

Why don't you come over and I'll stick you in the washing machine to find out! :rofl

Sounds almost as fun as the zip line, but I think I'll pass for now.

Tam - Patrick really made out like a bandit :yes Sounds like a wonderful bday. Glad to head hubby is doing well after his last treatment and that michael is still in remission :hug I believe Jaedon's the bug hunter, right? I hope he keeps them contained :eek

PS I like the basket of yarn in the pic with patrick :lol And that bag is gorgeous, did you create that one or is there a pattern somewhere?

Have a great day everyone, gotta get moving to get to work :sigh

Very, very pretty.

If that worked, I would SO have already done it!

kuddles

I'm doin' good! Hubby is doing good after his first day of his last round of chemo....

[ATTACH]38830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38829[/ATTACH]

Congrats on final chemo! And to your boy!

Love the bag hon!

:hug to ya!

kuddles

I hope Ken is doing well! :hug Glad to hear Michael is still in remission! :hug I just love my little bug hunter! :hug Happy Birthday Patrick! :hug Love the bag! :hug And another :hug just cause! :lol

:hug.... love you sweetie!!! :hug

Happy news all the way around!! Love, love, love to hear that :yay

Picture #1 - what fun, fruity drink is Patrick drinking? Looks yummy

Picture #2 - love the afghan. I made one of those for a baby blanket once

Picture #3 - beautiful bag~where can one find the pattern??

#1 - its Patricks favorite drink... only when we go to Red Lobster - a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri

#2 - That was the Afghan I won from Dawn here on the 'ville on the Giveaway thread. Its AWESOME!

#3 - That is a altered version of my 'Tortoise Shells' bag. I'll be writing this one up too! :hook

Tam - Patrick really made out like a bandit :yes Sounds like a wonderful bday. Glad to head hubby is doing well after his last treatment and that michael is still in remission :hug I believe Jaedon's the bug hunter, right? I hope he keeps them contained :eek

PS I like the basket of yarn in the pic with patrick :lol And that bag is gorgeous, did you create that one or is there a pattern somewhere?

Have a great day everyone, gotta get moving to get to work :sigh

yep... Patrick had a good birthday! Hubby and Michael are indeed hangin' tough! "David" is my bug hunter. He's so funny! Oh he has bug containers.. no worries... LOL

:D I like to use my yarn as decoration along with using it!

have a great day at work dear!

TAM & Sue Your bags are really pretty.

When you do the varigated yarn for the bags do you use to strands together?

Thanks hon!

you could do just about anything you wanted as far as using the varigated yarns. I had more solid than varigated on my one ... so I used one strand of solid..one strand of varigated.

Congrats on final chemo! And to your boy!

Love the bag hon!

:hug to ya!

kuddles

Yeah.... this is his last week. He'll have treatment tomorrow and Friday... then he's DONE.

My sweet super hero Michael is a real trooper... I'm so glad he's in remission again!

Thanks for the compliment! I kinda like how that bag came out too!

Another little show & share .................

This is my newest design..........its done all in one piece.

My Reversible Clutch.....

post-18634-135897655214_thumb.jpg

post-18634-13589765521_thumb.jpg

Hi Sue:

I love the color combos you chose for the felted bags..

Today i will start on Kuddlekubs tote but with regular WW yarn and no felting.

I love the bags you made

hugs

Lillibet

Kuddles bag

[ATTACH]38827[/ATTACH]

SBT

[ATTACH]38828[/ATTACH]

Goodmorning TAm:

I wake up to this lovely reversible clutch tote of yours...

Awesome..

Are you going to sell the pattern for this one?

hugs

Lillibet

[ATTACH]38838[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]38839[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38829[/ATTACH]

Tam,

sounds to me like you and your family are in need of :hug:hug:hug

glad to hear the chemo is just about finished, and that your son is in remission. prayers that those continue to be true!

The WII broke, and the Ipod stolen:( sounds like lots of bad luck but maybe that is turning around now. it also sounds like your son's birthday was much better than mine (may 2 is also my b-day) , my first "present" was a diagnosis of bronchitis, along with the wonderful follow up of gifts, of 4 prescriptions.....at least I am starting to feel better now.

Kuddles bag

[ATTACH]38827[/ATTACH]

SBT

[ATTACH]38828[/ATTACH]

both bags look great, I am drawn to the colors in the second one. Haven't tried felting yet, maybe one more thing to add to that ever increasing to do list...

Sounds almost as fun as the zip line, but I think I'll pass for now.

How was that??? When we going???

TAM & Sue Your bags are really pretty.

When you do the varigated yarn for the bags do you use to strands together?

Thanks! I've used one solid and one varigated, but Crystal did one with 2 strands of variegated so you can do what ever your heart desires! :)

:hug.... love you sweetie!!! :hug

#1 - its Patricks favorite drink... only when we go to Red Lobster - a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri

#2 - That was the Afghan I won from Dawn here on the 'ville on the Giveaway thread. Its AWESOME!

#3 - That is a altered version of my 'Tortoise Shells' bag. I'll be writing this one up too! :hook

yep... Patrick had a good birthday! Hubby and Michael are indeed hangin' tough! "David" is my bug hunter. He's so funny! Oh he has bug containers.. no worries... LOL

:D I like to use my yarn as decoration along with using it!

have a great day at work dear!

Love you too Tam! I love strawberry daiquiries, but fully liquored up! :lol

OH MY! Love it!!

Hi Sue:

I love the color combos you chose for the felted bags..

Today i will start on Kuddlekubs tote but with regular WW yarn and no felting.

I love the bags you made

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks! :)

Goodmorning TAm:

I wake up to this lovely reversible clutch tote of yours...

Awesome..

Are you going to sell the pattern for this one?

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you!!!! Yep... I'm gonna get it written.... tested and make it available *cheap* :hook

Tam,

sounds to me like you and your family are in need of :hug:hug:hug

glad to hear the chemo is just about finished, and that your son is in remission. prayers that those continue to be true!

The WII broke, and the Ipod stolen:( sounds like lots of bad luck but maybe that is turning around now. it also sounds like your son's birthday was much better than mine (may 2 is also my b-day) , my first "present" was a diagnosis of bronchitis, along with the wonderful follow up of gifts, of 4 prescriptions.....at least I am starting to feel better now.

:hug... you're sweet! thanks!

Oh honey... Not the ideal birthday for you! I'm glad you're feeling better though! :bday dear!

[ATTACH]38831[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38830[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38829[/ATTACH]

Love that bag, and Patrick sure had a great birthday!

WOW! Love it!

Oh! How pretty!!!

HEY DUCKY!!!!!

Thank you so much for starting up this CAL. I've not made many totes, but I absolutely love the chit chat :blah and the pics :gallery. You rock girl!!! :2rock

Archived