crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I just spoke with Toni (dobermama)!! She is okay, power is back, internet sporadic. She lost some members of her church, very sad......but she is hanging in there!

She'll be back as soon as she can!

kuddles

Thanks for keeping us updated-:hug So sad about the loss of lives

Mom4x is hosting it. Should we warn her??? :lol

:turtle:vheart

I think we definitely better warn her---(and blame Kuddles :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol) (just kidding Kuddles:hug)

I have an idea for the little leftovers from the SBT...friendship squares! :)

Great idea! All I want to work on though are these totes- so many color combos, so little time!!!

I tested this one for kuddles (aka Mama). Its waiting patiently to be felted with the SBT I just finished. I love this pattern!!! Don't judge it yet cause its not done. :)

If you didn't tell me it wasn't done, I never would have guessed!

[ATTACH]38808[/ATTACH]

Pre-felting the wool SBT came out at 15" wide, 12" high without handles (this is laying down flat). I did the last 3 rounds in sc and the handles with 60 chains. Plus added the button and closure. :)

[ATTACH]38807[/ATTACH]

Can't wait to see the finished tote!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stash buster #5 for a co-worker

[ATTACH]38732[/ATTACH]

Granny Go Round for who knows! :lol

[ATTACH]38733[/ATTACH]

Hello hello!

Can I join in??? :D

My name is LeeAnn and I am officially a tote addict! :manyheartMy friends here on the Ville Joanne and Marisa shared pictures of their finished totes and the link and so began my addiction.

I love the pattern! Thank you so much!

Here are pics of the totes that I finished since Friday evening.

hugs n squishes!!!:hug

my 3rd sbt ILTY in Antique Teal and Nightwatch [ATTACH]38765[/ATTACH]

I finished the Stash Buster tote I was working on at our meet-up yesterday. It was fun to work on it while the Yankee game was on!!!!

It's RHSS in Turqua and the variegated is Peruvian Print. This time I made the handles a little longer (40 ch)

Good evening all!

wow! What a great CAL! I can't believe all of the beautiful eye candy that I have seen. All of you are so talented! The color combinations are fantastic!

Joanne-love tote #4, did you start on your next one?

Thank you all for the warmest welcome. I finished another tote today, made this one smaller as I am going to use it for work. I too am thinking of lining it, but am going to have to think exactly how to go about doing it.

3 totes in less than 3 days,..help!!!! I'm addicted!:devil:devil:devil

Finally got a pic, its laying on the material I plan to line it with.

[ATTACH]38781[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous totes Joanne, LeeAnn and LaVonne :manyheart I love them all :yes

Lillibet, I plan on lining mine, but haven't yet :think

I finished my first stashbuster today :clap:yay

#4 my patriotic stashbuster tote [ATTACH]38791[/ATTACH]

A friend, Maureen, saw me finishing this one and wanted to buy it... yeah right.. I'm going to give it to her :lol

I tested this one for kuddles (aka Mama). Its waiting patiently to be felted with the SBT I just finished. I love this pattern!!! Don't judge it yet cause its not done. :)

[ATTACH]38808[/ATTACH]

Pre-felting the wool SBT came out at 15" wide, 12" high without handles (this is laying down flat). I did the last 3 rounds in sc and the handles with 60 chains. Plus added the button and closure. :)

[ATTACH]38807[/ATTACH]

They are all soooooooo pretty!!!!

[ATTACH]38808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38807[/ATTACH]

These are both really pretty, can't wait to see them felted

wow ladies! this tote thing has really taken off...loving all the totes im seeing. i unfortunately had to take a slight break from my crochet. our van door hit my shoulder saturday so im trying to take it easy for a few days (fortunately i type one handed) i have sooo many ideas for totes!

sue..this is ALL your fault! :lol

aww.. hon... darn... I hope your shoulder gets better soon!!!!

A friend, Maureen, saw me finishing this one and wanted to buy it... yeah right.. I'm going to give it to her :lol

ooooooh... I like it !!!!!

you're sweet! Maureen will be thrilled!!!

:heart

:mug

had a long day....hospital called earlier trying to get hubby to get in quicker...they wanted him there at 3:10 pm instead of 4:30 ! he works day shift and couldnt take off early. so we got to hospital for MRI at 4. they claimed it would take 20 minutes, it took 40.....

my shoulder hurts but not real bad. now if rain would go away! rain and arthritis just dont mix well!

oh and did someone mention a tote swap?

I AM SO THERE!

Love looking at all the beautiful totes! Great jobs ladies!!

Finally finished my shawl last night. YEAH! Hopefully I'll get home from school early enough tonight to start on tote #4.

Oooooh... got pics of the shawl?

Okay so soon will be the sign up for the purse/tote swap on the 'ville so I'm thinking ALL of us making the stash buster should sign up and we can all exchange them! Who's with me!

(hee hee)

kuddles

purse/tote swap?

Oh... gosh... I would LOVE to play in that swap!

I finished testing a tote for kuddles and now making a SBT in wool. Both need to be felted and I hope to get that done this afternoon. I'll take before and after pics! Going out with Mom today to get her a sewing machine for Mother's Day. SSHHH! She doesn't know us kids and Pop are paying for it!

aww..... how cool............. you're mom is one lucky lady!!!

I just spoke with Toni (dobermama)!! She is okay, power is back, internet sporadic. She lost some members of her church, very sad......but she is hanging in there!

She'll be back as soon as she can!

kuddles

Oh.... thank goodness!!!!

So happy she's okay! I was starting to worry!!!!

oooooooooh.... good idea!

[ATTACH]38808[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38807[/ATTACH]

Love Love Love them!!!

I need to get mine done... pics taken.. and felted! :hook

Tammy ~ Just boxed up the shawl and a stash buster tote about an hour ago. They are heading to Metaire, LA for a friend. Totally forgot to take a pic of the shawl. I've been having a lot of these DUH moments lately. Could it be old age coming up from behind to get me??:think

:)

Okay so soon will be the sign up for the purse/tote swap on the 'ville so I'm thinking ALL of us making the stash buster should sign up and we can all exchange them! Who's with me!

(hee hee)

kuddles

OMG Im In! The purse swap would be awesome! Gosh I miss one day and I get back and I almost missed a tote swap! I was delivering a BABY!!! My sister had her baby yesterday and I got to deliver him! I finally earned my stork pin! :) I am a proud auntie of a little boy Jameson.

Penny

P.s. All the totes are awesome~

love the look of this tote.....can one of you lovely ladies measure the finished bags for me? I am intrested in making one to felt.....so if you have felted one can you let me know the before and after measurements????? many thanks and love looking at all your wonderfull work! :)

How do you felt the bags?

Penny

OMG Im In! The purse swap would be awesome! Gosh I miss one day and I get back and I almost missed a tote swap! I was delivering a BABY!!! My sister had her baby yesterday and I got to deliver him! I finally earned my stork pin! :) I am a proud auntie of a little boy Jameson.

Penny

CONGRATULATIONS Stork Lady!!! :D:yay

\

friendship squares are good! I am sad cause I only made one so far. BUT after that I made 3 toddler shirts a baby dress and a cute shell hat with a flower on it! They are real cute.....and OH I delivered a BABY!! :lol ( not braggin' lol, ok whatever YES I am!)

Penny

Tammy ~ Just boxed up the shawl and a stash buster tote about an hour ago. They are heading to Metaire, LA for a friend. Totally forgot to take a pic of the shawl. I've been having a lot of these DUH moments lately. Could it be old age coming up from behind to get me??:think

:rofl Oh.... how I know the moments!!!

its all good sweetie :hug

Penny

oooooooooooooh.... :yay............. congrats on your stork pin! and CONGRATS to your sister! A new baby.... aww... how nice!

That look awesome! I want to do one like that but black instead of white. Was that RRSS the rainbow one?

I would love to do it in black too, but since it's summer I'm trying to stay away from the darker colors, though I LOVE the combination many of them make up!

the color is RHSS Primary.

How do you felt the bags?

Penny

I added my pics of the one I felted, before and after. Side to side it probably shrunk about 3 inches.

I throw mine in the washer (in the barn, top load) with the hottest water I can get it to put in. That washer works well then too, because it is right next to the hot water tank. I usually put a little bit of detergent and often throw in a towel or 2. I wash for 20 minutes. I know some will take out after 1/2 that and look to see how it looks. Some don't want them to felt as much. I want mine FELTED :lol I don't want to much see the stitches, some want more stitch definition.

post-35596-135897655094_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897655096_thumb.jpg

had a long day....hospital called earlier trying to get hubby to get in quicker...they wanted him there at 3:10 pm instead of 4:30 ! he works day shift and couldnt take off early. so we got to hospital for MRI at 4. they claimed it would take 20 minutes, it took 40.....

my shoulder hurts but not real bad. now if rain would go away! rain and arthritis just dont mix well!

oh and did someone mention a tote swap?

I AM SO THERE!

Here's hoping that your shoulder is feeling a little bit better and you can get back to hooking!!!

:hook

\

friendship squares are good! I am sad cause I only made one so far. BUT after that I made 3 toddler shirts a baby dress and a cute shell hat with a flower on it! They are real cute.....and OH I delivered a BABY!! :lol ( not braggin' lol, ok whatever YES I am!)

Penny

Wow Penny! What a great honor to deliver your nephew.:c9Congratulations :cheer:clap You have every right to brag.

BTW..What is a friendship square? And what the heck is a stork pin?

I added my pics of the one I felted, before and after. Side to side it probably shrunk about 3 inches.

I throw mine in the washer (in the barn, top load) with the hottest water I can get it to put in. That washer works well then too, because it is right next to the hot water tank. I usually put a little bit of detergent and often throw in a towel or 2. I wash for 20 minutes. I know some will take out after 1/2 that and look to see how it looks. Some don't want them to felt as much. I want mine FELTED :lol I don't want to much see the stitches, some want more stitch definition.

Gorgeous Mary :manyheart The felting looks amazing :yes

Congrat's Penny :hug :hug

I started another SB tote last night, which will be for my aunt for mother's day :yes The mc is black and the cc is a vareigated of bright pinks and blues (RHSS bonbon print) I'll give my mom the red one. I lined the bag for my sil last night, which was ok, but not great. I think I'll try the other suggestion for the next one by sewing the tube and attaching a bottom :think

Melissa, sorry but I don't remember what the yarn is and I threw the label away yesterday :(

Kuddle, thanks for the update on Toni :hug Sending prayers her way :yes

You bet!

kuddles

Thanks for keeping us updated-:hug So sad about the loss of lives

I think we definitely better warn her---(and blame Kuddles :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol) (just kidding Kuddles:hug)

Glad to keep you posted about Toni!

Feel free to blame me about getting you all in the purse/tote swap!! I do NOT mind one bit! LOL

kuddles

Penny

I hear ya! I don't look at this thread for 12 hours and I usually have about 5 pages to read!! No worries, when the tote swap opens, I'll be shouting from the mountain tops!

How cool about delivering the baby!

kuddles

Archived