Greetings from London

SparkleyC

Hi All

New joiner and also very new crocheter - in fact so new that I haven't even started yet!

Am looking forward to learning a new skill and am dead eager to get going!

:D

Thanks

C

Well thank you all for making me feel so welcome, am raring to go!

Do you have any tips on good books for beginners at all?

C

Hiya

Thanks for the advice. I'd like to set myself up with a new avatar, do you know how I can download/link to one at all?

Thx

C

Hiya

Thanks for the advice. I'd like to set myself up with a new avatar, do you know how I can download/link to one at all?

Thx

C

Members can set up custom avatars once they have 40 posts. (That rule is not meant to be hard on anybody, it's just put in place for several reasons I forget at the moment!). I got mine from avatarity.com...it had a free re-sizer...I think mine is 60 by 60 (we can't go much bigger than that, if I remember correctly)...then I saved it to my website (or you can save it to a free picture place like Photobucket). Then, once you have forty posts, you go to your user panel, find the "custom avatar" place, and paste in the link where the avatar is. (I hope I haven't confused you!)

Hi Rachel

Thanks for the explanation - I'll just have to bide my time!

C

PS I like your avatar!

Hi fromTexas. I was born in London and until recently my parent lived there. They have moved to France now. Whereabouts are you in London. If you go to any good wool shops (tons in London) they will give you guidance on how to start.

:welcome to crochetville and does that mean you are also in england. :yay you will soon be :hooked i only started learning last dec and have made so many different projects and had noone to teach me and i learnt from the internet places like http://www.stitchguide.com they also have videos to show you the stitches. i am totally :hooked i did not like knitting. crochet grows very quickly. my neighbour who is a pensioner is a knitter but also learnt like me as i was learning and helping her and she has mastered it well. you would not know she is new to crochet either. i also have a blog. happy crocheting. it is quite easy to do. the only problem is most of the stitches and patterns are done in u.s. terms and that :confused me at first but now i have it sussed out. i always convert the patterns to english ones before printing them out. :tup

:yay Whoo hoooo Welcome from Staffordshire :yay

Like everyone says,you will be hooked, i used to knit aswell but once i learnt to crochet i threw all my needles away i cant stand knitting now :lol

I also learnt from stitchguide.com it really really helpful and will get you going in no time :manyheart

good luck and great to see ya :hug

Thanks everyone

I'm going to do some crochet shopping this weekend and get myself started.

Will let you all know how I get on!

Have a fab weekend all

C

PS can't respond over w/e as no PC at home :(

Archived