Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Oh Linda, all this hooking has been torture! :rofl

glad you're feeling better Judy

I do that too Valerie, start on one thing, get distracted start on something else, then the whole place is a mess! :yes

Julie it was weird, it was in my upper back and I didnt really do anything sunday to cause it. Saturday when I was working they have their computers set up 'backwards' so when I hold the mouse my arm is out in mid air instead of leaning on the counter. I think I did something to it then.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer:cheer Hi house, boy did I have a busy, busy week-end. I had the grand darlings until 2 PM today and then my DSL picked them up, so now I'm washing clothes and will have some crocheting time this afternoon, which I'm so happy for. :hook A nice long week-end is coming our way, but I don't have any plans so I usually stay home with my DH and do some crafts and relax. I'm thinking about buying a small grill so I can make some franks, burgers and steaks for the 4th of July. Well got to run now and go and put the clothes in the dryer, I'll try to get back here later if not HUGS to everyone. :hug:hug

So I apparently had a runaway turtle this weekend!!!! :eek Mary came to water my plants and called me that there was only ONE turtle in the tank!!! I have TWO!!!! So where did he go :think We've decided that one boosted the other while on the basking pad. It was a pretty far drop to the floor though so I"m glad he's ok. She found him under the sofa :lol So, she put him back in the tank and yelled at him :yes for getting out and for making the water dirty with dust! All I could do was laugh and was just waiting for her to tell me she was joking, but she surely was not :sigh Absolutely amazing!!!!

But Cindy, that's a beautiful shawl....what color are you doing?

Hmm, an escape artist turtle......

I'm doing the shawl in a pale shade of turquoise.

I had a nice quiet day at work today, but I'm kind of glad its over, it was getting kind of boring! I suspect that tomorrow will be busier.

Nothing much happening here, its a little drizzly, but not enough rain to really amount to anything. I am being lazy for dinner. I thawed a container of homemade spaghetti sauce, and have talked dh into making the pasta.

Well, darn, went back through and wrote a long note responding to everyone and lost it because I lost connection :sigh

Just know I read and responded and darn, darn, darn :rant:bang:thair

Love and Hugs everyone. Starting to cloud up again, so need to go keep eye on sky.

Hey ladies :hi

Hope you all had a great day :hug Work had it's ups and downs today, totally inconsistent but not bad overall. I'm hoping to start the tote to send Tam's way :xfin

Toni - Hope your brother is doing well :hug :hug

Wrennie - Hope your back is feeling better :hug :hug

Trish - WTG on the tote, just do a little at a time so you don't overwork that shoulder :hug :hug

Linda - Glad to hear you enjoyed your book so much :yes

Judy - Glad to hear you're feeling better today :hug :hug How did you sod come along?

Val - Sounds like a case of crochet ADD :think:lol

Julie - It sure was a 'jail' break out and I'm assuming the one that did the boosting was mad when she was stuck in the tank still with no way out :rofl

Cheeria - Enjoy your long weekend of crafting :yes

Cindy - It's nice to get a quiet day at work here and there, but like you I prefer them to be rare :yes

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Checking in •¨¯`•

:whew............... been crochetin' today... and pretty much doin' nothin' else! Couple loads of laundry... little pickin' up here and there... feeding the family and cleaning up after.

Baseball games all weekend..... and more all week! :yay

David

post-18634-135897670542_thumb.jpg

Michael

post-18634-135897670539_thumb.jpg

Patrick

post-18634-135897670531_thumb.jpg

Oh hey...............did I show & share my panda'ghan?

post-18634-135897670545_thumb.jpg

sorry this is such a sparatic post.... just one of those non-busy too lazy to type more day... LOL :D

:heart

:mug

Hi all,

Marisa- That was funny about your turtle- but probably not too funny when you first heard about it! Thank goodness Mary was able to find her!!! welcome home! And here's to a nice week for you- no algebra, no missing turtles, no aggravation!!!

Judy- How nice to be getting some new sod!!! Enjoy your visit with your bro and sil!!!

Cheeria- It sounds like you have a nice long weekend planned.

Cindy- Here's to a better day tomorrow- I like my days to be busy also- helps the time go by quickly!!

Tam- I love the bearghan!! Or I should say panda'ghan!! Very, very cute. Of course, love the baseball pics of your three boys too!!!

Wrennie- hope that your back is feeling better!

Val- Isn't it always the way- you start a project and then end up making more of a mess before everything gets put back together? Hope your day went well.

We had a nice relaxing day today. Walked around in the historic area, in/out of shops, read for a while on some benches looking out over the harbor, saw the Naval Academy and museum and had a wonderful dinner outside on the harbor. I had the best lump crab cakes!! YUM!!!

Hi all,

Marisa- That was funny about your turtle- but probably not too funny when you first heard about it! Thank goodness Mary was able to find her!!! welcome home! And here's to a nice week for you- no algebra, no missing turtles, no aggravation!!!

Judy- How nice to be getting some new sod!!! Enjoy your visit with your bro and sil!!!

Cheeria- It sounds like you have a nice long weekend planned.

Cindy- Here's to a better day tomorrow- I like my days to be busy also- helps the time go by quickly!!

Tam- I love the bearghan!! Or I should say panda'ghan!! Very, very cute. Of course, love the baseball pics of your three boys too!!!

Thanks!!! :D

Wrennie- hope that your back is feeling better!

Val- Isn't it always the way- you start a project and then end up making more of a mess before everything gets put back together? Hope your day went well.

We had a nice relaxing day today. Walked around in the historic area, in/out of shops, read for a while on some benches looking out over the harbor, saw the Naval Academy and museum and had a wonderful dinner outside on the harbor. I had the best lump crab cakes!! YUM!!! Omy... what a wonderful day that sounds like you had!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

Morning all! We're under severe TS watch, again. Sure hope it all blows over before I have dr. appt at 1!!! Not much happening here other than work and daily life. Trying to finish the last of the towel toppers, dishcloths and potholders for the church ladies. I'll take a break and make some socks or work on a ghan before I start on the one's for Joplin my oldest wants to take and distribute.

Tam, love the photos of the boys and the pandaghan is absolutely adorable!!!

Joanne, enjoy your day.

Marisa, glad you're home safe and sound.

Judy, new sod sound good.

That's it for now. Need to log on to work here shortly and want to check a couple of other threads first.

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning gang. I got all of one side of the latest prayer shawl done yesterday and most of the second one as well. John didn't make it home until quarter to 8:00 last night so it was a long day. No doctor appointments this week, so it will be a quiet week. Kim's blood levels are back to where they belong, too. Not sure what happened to drop them, but glad we don't have to fuss with changing the coumadin around.

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Checking in •¨¯`•

:whew............... been crochetin' today... and pretty much doin' nothin' else! Couple loads of laundry... little pickin' up here and there... feeding the family and cleaning up after.

Baseball games all weekend..... and more all week! :yay

David

[ATTACH]41126[/ATTACH]

Michael

[ATTACH]41125[/ATTACH]

Patrick

[ATTACH]41124[/ATTACH]

Oh hey...............did I show & share my panda'ghan?

[ATTACH]41127[/ATTACH]

sorry this is such a sparatic post.... just one of those non-busy too lazy to type more day... LOL :D

Is it my imagination or have the boys all grown quite a bit in the last 6 months or so? They look a lot taller in those pictures. The panda'ghan is totally adorable! Great job! :cheer :cheer :cheer

We had a nice relaxing day today. Walked around in the historic area, in/out of shops, read for a while on some benches looking out over the harbor, saw the Naval Academy and museum and had a wonderful dinner outside on the harbor. I had the best lump crab cakes!! YUM!!!

Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing day followed by a yummy supper.

Morning all! We're under severe TS watch, again. Sure hope it all blows over before I have dr. appt at 1!!! Not much happening here other than work and daily life. Trying to finish the last of the towel toppers, dishcloths and potholders for the church ladies. I'll take a break and make some socks or work on a ghan before I start on the one's for Joplin my oldest wants to take and distribute.

Take care with the TS watch. Hope it doesn't come our way but most of yours seem to do that. We had more rain last night and it's overcast this morning.

Have a wonderful day whatever is on your agenda everyone. Catch you all later. :manyheart

Quick visit....and I'll be MIA for a few days with family here...:D

Tam...great pics!!!! TY for sharing your family with us, too:manyheart

The sod looks fantastic...and now when Sparkie flips Susie over she doesn't go WOOOOSH....with all the breath in her lungs coming out because of landing on hard dirt!

Time to turn off the sprinkler....luckily it reaches all of the sod from the one place I set it down.

Off to get a few things done since DB and SIL will be here at lunch time!:eek

Take care my friends and will check in no later than Friday!

Good morning :sun

Once DH finishes work this evening, we will be on our way. Where did we decide to go? After a lot of price-checking and calling properties directly, I was able to get a nice rate at a bed-and-breakfast in Hancock, Michigan. We, usually, spend 90% of our vacation time outside, shopping, hiking, playing tourist, so I hated to spend a bundle on a place to sleep. When we do come in for the night, we will have a nice suite, which is going to be a treat. I cannot wait to close-up the house and head out :drive. We will stay with my parents, tonight, and once Kyri and I are done learning to kayak tomorrow morning (let's hope, this is not our fate: :help) DH and I will drive to MI.

In my travel bag, I have packed four WIPs ~ a Thermal Stitch Baby Blanket in Patons Decor, a lacy Raglan Sweater I am doing in a soft grey, a tank top I started for myself out of Bernat Baby Stretch yarn, and another scarf using the Curly Q yarn. Two of the projects are mindless and can be done when DH is feeling chatty ;), and the other two I can work on when he is spending some time in the research lab at his alma mater. That many projects ought to keep me busy and out of trouble.

We will have to be driving home on the 4th, and will not be able to take in any fireworks displays along Lake Superior, but one of the towns near-by has a community celebration and fireworks on the 3rd, and I am counting on getting my fireworks-fill, then :mdust:2magic:mdust

If I do not get back to the computer for a few days, have a safe and

Happy 4th of July, My Friends

:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack

The sod looks fantastic...and now when Sparkie flips Susie over she doesn't go WOOOOSH....with all the breath in her lungs coming out because of landing on hard dirt!

Time to turn off the sprinkler....luckily it reaches all of the sod from the one place I set it down.

Have wonderful time with your family, Judy!

Good morning :sun

Once DH finishes work this evening, we will be on our way. Where did we decide to go? After a lot of price-checking and calling properties directly, I was able to get a nice rate at a bed-and-breakfast in Hancock, Michigan. We, usually, spend 90% of our vacation time outside, shopping, hiking, playing tourist, so I hated to spend a bundle on a place to sleep. When we do come in for the night, we will have a nice suite, which is going to be a treat. I cannot wait to close-up the house and head out :drive. We will stay with my parents, tonight, and once Kyri and I are done learning to kayak tomorrow morning (let's hope, this is not our fate: :help) DH and I will drive to MI.

In my travel bag, I have packed four WIPs ~ a Thermal Stitch Baby Blanket in Patons Decor, a lacy Raglan Sweater I am doing in a soft grey, a tank top I started for myself out of Bernat Baby Stretch yarn, and another scarf using the Curly Q yarn. Two of the projects are mindless and can be done when DH is feeling chatty ;), and the other two I can work on when he is spending some time in the research lab at his alma mater. That many projects ought to keep me busy and out of trouble.

We will have to be driving home on the 4th, and will not be able to take in any fireworks displays along Lake Superior, but one of the towns near-by has a community celebration and fireworks on the 3rd, and I am counting on getting my fireworks-fill, then :mdust:2magic:mdust

If I do not get back to the computer for a few days, have a safe and

Happy 4th of July, My Friends

:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack:firecrack

Have a wonderful time, Dusti!

Hi folks

Quik drop in,with not much to yak about today . Started new meds and they have made me sleep almost all day. what a waste --it's beautiful outside noe ,was grey and cloudy last time I woke up . GEEZ ...

Anyhow, a hello to one and all, to those on trips, have a great time, to those under the weather,hope you feel better soon .

Tam

Great photos of the baseball games ! And your panda blankie is cute .

We dont do any celebrating on the 4th either .When the kids were home, we had picnics and fireworks every year,but now we just stay home and treat it like any other day .

To everyone else, happy crocheting ! Enjoy the summer,although sometimes it's too hot or too rainy. We almost have a month gone already ...

Tam...great pics!!!! TY for sharing your family with us, too:manyheart

Susie??? I assume you mean Lucy???

Hello everyone. Work was busier today, so the time went by faster. I'm off tomorrow.

Judy, have fun with your family, and Dusti, hope you and Dh ahve a great time on your little get-away. I believe that McLain State park is near there. Years ago we used to go camping there, and at that time they had these decks built out over Lake Superior where you could sit and watch the sun set. We once sat there and watched a storm slowly move in across the lake. My sister in law got some gorgeous pictures of it.

Hi Ladies. Sorry I poppedall that on ya and left, but i'll try to catch up on some questions I saw.

Linda~Time sure does fly by and I am more than happy to share a picture of Lily. The first is Lily making her cutest pucker smile and the second is her first birthday with her Daddy.

Joanne~Oh yeah, with four boys I sure do want to find out. I will be able to around August 26th. I'll keep ya'll posted.

I am in my last week of this block of classes. Next Monday I start my last block. YAY!! :cheer So close to graduation. I thought algebra would be easy for me, but it is horrible and my next block has algebra II so boy will I need a vacation come September. The good thing is I will have time after graduation to relax and crochet and chat with you all more. :manyheart

post-5371-13589767101_thumb.jpg

post-5371-135897671014_thumb.jpg

Hey ladies :hi

Just a quick fly by to check in and say hello. It's late now and I have to get my coffee pot set up for the morning and then I'm going to read a bit until my eyelids just won't stay up anymore :lol My friend and I ordered pizza for dinner, chatted up a storm, and watched a couple shows. Then I learned she has a nook too and we're working on figuring out the nook friends lend me thingy so we can loan each other books :yes

Nite nite

Quick stop in!

Tab- Good luck with the Algebra--- I hear Marisa is a good coach with that!!!;) She just finished helping a friend of hers!!

Judy- enjoy the family visit!!!

Julie- Hope these new meds help you!

Cindy- Yay for a day off!!! Enjoy it!!

Dusti- have a wonderful time kayaking tomorrow- and then have an awesome time together with DH!!!!

Linda- that's wonderful that Kim's levels are good and you don't have to adjust the coumadin! Thanks for the recommendation on the book!

Wrennie, Marisa, Cheeria, Mary, Mary, Val, Marlene, and all----sending good thoughts your way

Good morning housemates :hi

I overslept a bit today :( I think my alarm messed up on my phone some how, but then again my phone keeps freezing lately, but I'm not due for an upgrade until August so have to stick it out :shrug

Dusti - You are always on the go girl, have fun :hug : hug :hug

Tab - Adorable pics of Lily and daddy :manyheart and yep, as Joanne said....I'm good with algebra and was just helping Mary with hers since she's horrible at math and just wasn't getting it. I don't know how well it would work to explain things through the computer, but feel free to shoot me an email if you have any questions. I'll PM you my email address for you just in case :yes

Joanne - How's your trip going?

Gotta run up and shower so I can get back on schedule. Good thing I wasn't THAT late :lol Mary text me this morning to remind me to bring a crochet magazine for her (that I forgot the last 2 days :oops ) My friend just left for her convention and today's the last day so she'll be leaving straight from there.

Catch y'all later :hug

Good morning!

Tab- forgot to comment on how cute Lily is- I especially love the first picture- what a cute grin!!!

Yesterday I was in yarn heaven since we went to a LYS and it was such a friendly helpful shop with oodles and oodles of yarn and needlework and best of all, there was one of the shop owners who crochets!!! Usually I have found LYS to be kind of 'knit-centric". I splurged and bought 2 hanks of a beautiful alpaca -silk mix yarn- oh, it is so soft and beautiful- in a light aqua color- the thought of it makes me happy!!!

Off to pack up and head home today to continue on with the rest of vacation. It's a gorgeous sunny day out today and we may just stop off at the beach on the way home!

Marisa- I need to figure out the lending feature on the Nook too- I kept meaning to do it with DD and kept forgetting.

Have a good day one and all!

Or * KETCHUP* --- either one works in Hillbilly Village .

Well folks, I spent the past hour and a half reading/skimming posts that I missed before,so here goes . I am mainly commenting on the pictures/crochet type stuff ,with a little bit of other stuff tossed in throughout .

Toni

Loved the heart tote you tested for Turtle !

Your girl is pretty and her tote was cute !

Shasta had quite an unusual look on her face in the photo. Makes you wonder what she was thinking about .

Jude

Your shawl came out so pretty ,love the color.

Also, the baby rr in greens and yellows was pretty .

All the pup pics are cute. My favorite is still the one with them both sitting together -- it needs framed and displayed in your house someplace .

The colorful granny square ghan and scarves were also all pretty .

Mary

The scarves you posted were also pretty -love the collage yarn .

Luke just gets cuter every day.Cannot believe how big he is growing ...he is now a toddler .. the baby days go by so fast !

Sorry to hear you had the mammogram scare,and glad it wasnt anything more serious. Those times are REALLY scarey .

Tam

The little flower tote was cute, as was the SBT you showed .(for your aunt with all the bright colors.) The heart tote was also pretty .

Also glad that your house is settling back down and getting back to normal. Sounds like some peace is coming back into the picture ..

Also wanted to comment on how small your babies were ! WOW ....

Mine were whoppers. Biggest one was 10 lb. 2 oz . (FORCED NATURAL CHILDBIRTH ) Back in the days when they said BREATHE and it won't hurt . Good grief, I would have liked to come at them Dr's with a ball bat and tell them to breathe, it wont hurt as much .

Epidural is one of the greatest inventions on the planet .

Marisa

Loved your tote pics-- especially the bright yellow one . What is your friend taking the algebra classes for ? Is she taking college courses to go onto a higher degree ?

Love your new haircut,you look really cute with it,but you looked just as cute with your longer hair .

Cindy

The flower pics were pretty . Also glad you completed your granny stripes-- nice work on it !

Wrennie

Enjoyed seeing all the flowers in your yard. What does Queen of the Prairie look like ?

Also so sorry about your friend Steve . Glad he is no longer in pain and suffering though .

Joanne

Congrats on grandbaby Wiliam.Love the name . Bet you cant wait to pick him up .

Your pics of the totes and diaper cake were cute .

Linda

Love all the colors you have for your irish chain afghan.It'll be a beauty when done .

Marlene

How is your husband ? Saw that he has been sick and had tests --wondering if they figured it out yet ?

Is Maya enjoying her summer ?

Kiyo

Enjoyed seeing Aree's baseball pics -- she looks like a pro !

Sorry things didnt work out with your boyfriend,but things happen for a reason. He must not have been the one for you .As cute as you are,and the great personality you have, you wont have trouble finding someone new ,and maybe he will be just what you are searching for !

Tab

Hey my friend ! Long time, no hear . Sorry Shenandoah is still having the health issues.

Great news about the new baby on the way ! I'll keep my fingers crossed for a girl since you have all boys in the house and you are greatly outnumbered .

As for dates,I see Cindy is hoping for the 26th ,Marisa for the 27th ... just pass those dates by and hold out for the 30th,so it'll hit my birthday .:D

Keep us updated when you can -- I know you are busy with school .

I've been MIA in here for quite awhile, but trying to get back into the swing of things . Lots of issues going on as usual, but I am trying to keep my brain occupied with other stuff as much as possible .

A big howdy to everyone else --- I did my best on reading posts. If I forgot you ,it wasnt intentional .I was about 150 PAGES of posts behind,so just had to skim after awhile,and only comment on pics .

Good Morning, Ladies. So sorry I've been MIA again...I've not been feeling too chipper and it's got to be the change in my BP pills. My doctor wants me to give them another week. :( He said the nausea and fatigue should subside. That combined with our 100* days has been rough!

Julie ~ Can I steal your "catch-up" or "ketchup" idea? ;)

Archived