Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning, everyone. I took the puppies to the groomers this morning so the house is really, really quiet. I've got the first side of the binding about half done. Trying to take it slow and careful. Had to put a new needle in and it's still not working as smoothly as I'd like. Lots of layers to it now.

Busy, busy week for me.

Tuesday was dr. day, Wednesday went shopping and got some good deals on cotton yarn at Wally World, $1 a skein on certain colors. Yep, they went into buggy. Today had eye surgeon appt in a town away from here. They have a great big Wally World so stopped in there. BONANZA!!! :yay Picked up more cotton skeins for $1.00, 2 cones for $5 ea, some RH Stripes for $3.00 ea and some other yarn at Big Lots that I just love the feel of for $3.00 ea. All in all, a good yarn week. Then had chemo this afternoon. I'm tired. Got into cotton sleep pants and shirt as soon as I got home. Comfort is the name of the game!

Linda, you sound like you're enjoying your staycation and making great progress on the quilt! Good for you. Yes, the high pressure is moving away, thank goodness. Maybe now we will get some rain and cool down to normal temps for this time of year.

To every one I missed, :hi :hi :hi Love and Hugs to everyone!

:party:cake:birthdayHappy Birthday, Toni! :birthday:cake:party

Sounds like a super busy week, Toni. Wonderful buys on the yarn. Good luck with this round of chemo.

Good morning everyone :coffee

TGIF :clap I won't be back tonight, I'll be driving up to my parents after work. Tomorrow is my mom's bday and I'll be getting a haircut too....goodbye to all of it :bounce Sometimes you just need a change :lol Nothing new to report here though.

Have a wonderful day everyone :hug

Have a safe trip and a good weekend with your folks. :hug :hug :hug Hugs to mom.

Just a quick "Good Morning." :manyheart Little Guy is very busy. :lol I will try and read through posts when he has his morning nap.

Have a great time with Luke, Mary.

:hug :hug :hug Hugs to all in need. We miss you to Trish, Julie, & LeAnna. Hope things settle down for you soon.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toni - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your day has been a good one:hug:manyheart

Linda, it is strange when the pups are out - the house is sooooo quiet! But at least you can get stuff done without interruptions:yes

Pups are home and both have new do's. I had them shorten the fur around Trouble's feet as that's what brings in the most of the twigs and seed strings and such. She looks different, but hopefully it will help keep the house cleaner. And they did Sweet Pea's ears better, too. She's got little bows on her ears. There isn't enough fur on Trouble's ears to hold them on. :lol

I read a book and lazed around for most of the day. I did cut up some of my t-shirts to make into a quilt at some point this fall. Still have quite a stack still to do, but it's progress. I need to clean the fish tank tomorrow and vaccuum on Sunday, but not a whole lot of other things to be ready for John and Kim's return.

Hi all,

Happy Birthday Toni!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!!!!

Marisa- Can't wait to see pics of the new do!!! Happy Birthday to your Mom- enjoy your weekend!

Tammy- Saw your other thread about the flooding in NE!!! Stay safe and prayers for all!!!

Linda- Sounds like you have been having a good staycation- and how nice to have a quiet house today!! Bet both Trouble and Sweet Pea look great all "groomed up"!!!

Mary- Hope you are having fun with Luke!!

Cindy- Did you make it to the fabric store?

Had a long day in Paradise! Then I stopped at DD's house on the way home- she looks great! She is excited for the baby-que tomorrow! I did a little cleaning since we'll be busy in the morning running some errands before we have to get ready to go over to DD's MIL's house.

I spoke with my stepdaughter- and as expected after a c-section, is sore today and in some pain. But baby William is doing great!

Pups are home and both have new do's. I had them shorten the fur around Trouble's feet as that's what brings in the most of the twigs and seed strings and such. She looks different, but hopefully it will help keep the house cleaner. And they did Sweet Pea's ears better, too. She's got little bows on her ears. There isn't enough fur on Trouble's ears to hold them on. :lol

They sound too cute...bows, no less!:lol

I read a book and lazed around for most of the day. I did cut up some of my t-shirts to make into a quilt at some point this fall. Still have quite a stack still to do, but it's progress. I need to clean the fish tank tomorrow and vaccuum on Sunday, but not a whole lot of other things to be ready for John and Kim's return.

I'm glad you had some time to yourself...:hug

Then I stopped at DD's house on the way home- she looks great! She is excited for the baby-que tomorrow! I did a little cleaning since we'll be busy in the morning running some errands before we have to get ready to go over to DD's MIL's house.

Is your blue nail polish still holding up for tomorrow??:)

I spoke with my stepdaughter- and as expected after a c-section, is sore today and in some pain. But baby William is doing great!

That;s good anout William. I hope she heals quickly.:)

nite all:hug:manyheart

Good morning!

It's a cloudy day here and I think there are showers forecast. Thankfully we have tents for the baby que/shower!

Judy- Yes, the "blue toes" still look great!:lol When I went to see DD yesterday, she thought it was neat that I did my toes in blue for shower!

Got some tidying up to do, errands to run, and I have to sew in the lining to the "gift bag" tote that I'm putting Ryans RR in---so I'd better get another cup of coffee and get to that!!

Marisa- Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Enjoy getting your hair cut!!!

Cheeria- Hope that your DD is feeling much better and that you have been able to get some rest!

Tammy- Hoping that the flooding isn't getting any worse

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thinking of our friends who we haven't heard from in a while- Julie, LeAnna, Dusti, Sherri, Marlene, Tab (how are you feeling?) and sending hugs your way:hug

post-18634-135897666294_thumb.jpg

Hope all is well with everyone!

Sun is trying to come out this morning after a rain storm last night. We sure need it!

So glad to hear mommy and baby are doing well Joanne!

Wow Linda.... sounds like a nice day yesterday! Good for you sweetie!!! :hug

Okay.....need to get a few things done ... have two baseball games today.

have a wonderful day everyone!

:heart

:mug

Good morning, everyone. We had quite a storm last night. Lots and lots of thunder with the rain. Went on for about 2 hours and was loud enought that I had no problem hearing it downstairs. I woke up a bit before it hit and was awake until it ended. There was a big pressure change with it. OUCH!!!

Today's plans include fish tank cleaning, vaccuuming, some straightening and putting away, and the quilt binding. John and Kim and his parents should be leaving for Valdosta, GA around noon.

Tammy- Saw your other thread about the flooding in NE!!! Stay safe and prayers for all!!!

Oh, dear! Stay safe Tammy! :hug

Linda- Sounds like you have been having a good staycation- and how nice to have a quiet house today!! Bet both Trouble and Sweet Pea look great all "groomed up"!!!

Adorable. Of course, they were on the wild side after being cooped up all day inside. :lol

Had a long day in Paradise! Then I stopped at DD's house on the way home- she looks great! She is excited for the baby-que tomorrow! I did a little cleaning since we'll be busy in the morning running some errands before we have to get ready to go over to DD's MIL's house.

Hope you all have a wonderful time @ the party.

Ouch! Wishing her a swift recovery. :hug

Judy- Yes, the "blue toes" still look great!:lol When I went to see DD yesterday, she thought it was neat that I did my toes in blue for shower!

Love it! :)

Got some tidying up to do, errands to run, and I have to sew in the lining to the "gift bag" tote that I'm putting Ryans RR in---so I'd better get another cup of coffee and get to that!!

Busy lady.

Marisa- Happy Birthday to your Mom!!! Enjoy getting your hair cut!!!

Happy Birthday to your Mom from me too. :flower

Thinking of our friends who we haven't heard from in a while- Julie, LeAnna, Dusti, Sherri, Marlene, Tab (how are you feeling?) and sending hugs your way:hug

:hug Hugs to all of you from me too. :hug

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be back after a bit. :manyheart

Errands done and I'm heading out. Have a great Saturday everyone. So far, just clouds and no rain- if it stays like this it will be great- but even if it does rain, at least it's not 100 degrees and humid!!!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. I'm just glad I'm here to celebrate them this year!!! And, now, SS can't penalize me for working :rofl

Been to store this morning, bank and back to Big Lots for a couple more skeins of yarn to finish the tote I'm doing for my swap partner. Will finish it this afternoon when racing is on :)

Joanne, glad you have tents for the BBQ/baby shower. Keeps the sun off and the rain, but hopefully the rain will hold off until the festivities are complete!

Tam, hope the boys win their games today. Enjoy!

Linda, puppies sound like their haircut is adorable. Wish we could have gotten some of that rain. No rain bad for crops, good for tornado cleanup but yard is crinkly/crunchy when you walk on it. Plus, rain would help to cool us down some.

:hi Julie, LeAnna, Dusti, Sherri, Marlene, Tab, Cindy, Kiyo, Mary, Mary2, Marisa and whoever I may have missed, :hug and talk to you all soon!

Hi house, I got home last night from my daughter's house and boy was I exhausted. I'm getting to old to run up and down stairs constantly and my wrist started to swell and hurt from carrying the baby up and down the stairs. Oh does it feels good to be back home where I belong, there's no place like home. :P My daughter is walking a little bit on her foot now, I just pray that the swelling stays down. If it swell again she might have to go back into the hospital for more IV treatments, so I'm keeping my fingers cross. On tuesday, I have to go for jury duty, yuck, I totally forgot about it until my daughter reminded me. My daughter wanted me to stay the week-end but I said no and actually ran out of there. :lol Hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday, I know I am, now that I'm back where I belong. See you all later :cheer

Hi all,

Back from the shower- it rained- and heavy at times, but we all had a wonderful time!!! It was great seeing friends and family and enjoying the happy occasion!! The weather was not going to dampen our spirits!!

Cheeria- Glad you are home where you belong!!! You need to take care of you!!! Bring some crocheting to jury duty- I did and finished a scarf and a dishcloth when i went!!!

Toni- Glad you had a good birthday!!

Well, friends- all of you- I'm tired from all the fun and festivities and am going to call it a night!!!

Hello everyone. I've been a lurking villager for awhile. Would love to join this group. I love to crochet and have been involved in a prayer shawl ministry for over a year. I love searching different sites for patterns that strike my fancy. My video card went in my personal computer so I have to go the library and use theirs. Hopefully I will be able to post more often and get to know some of you. Good nite for now.

'morning, peeps!:)

Joanne, I'm so happy ypu had such a great time! Did you give DD the baby blanket? I don't remember if you were planning to do it hen or not.

Loopy, welcome! As you've probably seen by now, we're a friendly group here... would you like to share your first name?

Many of us are involved in charity crocheting here...prayer shawls are a terrific ministry.

My pup needs me - wil post more later today.

Have a good one, my friends:hug:manyheart

Morning everyone! Thank you all. I have been so busy the last couple days helping watch Lily so my brother and SIL could prepare for her 1st birthday. I can't believe she's already one.

I hope you are all well. :ghugs

•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•

::: (\_(\ ...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

*: (=' :') :::::::: Good Morning House:::::::::::::

•.. (,('')('')¤...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*...*

¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸¸.•*´¨`*•.¸

Have a wonderful day! Stay safe and comfortable!

Busy day here…. But at least now…. It’s a happy busy!

Love you all!

:heart

:mug

Good morning, housemates. It's HOT and MUGGY out today. I'll be going out to lunch with John and Rosie when they get back from church. I got the last of the fronts and occasionally backs of all the picture t-shirts cut out this morning in preparation for the t-shirt quilt I'll be making. I still have to locate a few more t-shirt to be incorporated into it before it gets started and I want to do the Double Irish Chain quilt before that. Getting closer. I'm doing what's left of the straightening before John and Kim get in tonight, too.

Hi house, I got home last night from my daughter's house and boy was I exhausted. I'm getting to old to run up and down stairs constantly and my wrist started to swell and hurt from carrying the baby up and down the stairs. Oh does it feels good to be back home where I belong, there's no place like home. :P My daughter is walking a little bit on her foot now, I just pray that the swelling stays down. If it swell again she might have to go back into the hospital for more IV treatments, so I'm keeping my fingers cross. On tuesday, I have to go for jury duty, yuck, I totally forgot about it until my daughter reminded me. My daughter wanted me to stay the week-end but I said no and actually ran out of there. :lol Hope everyone is having a relaxing Saturday, I know I am, now that I'm back where I belong. See you all later :cheer

Glad to here that DD is doing so much better. Hoping that the progress continues with no relapses. Good luck with jury duty.

Hi all,

Back from the shower- it rained- and heavy at times, but we all had a wonderful time!!! It was great seeing friends and family and enjoying the happy occasion!! The weather was not going to dampen our spirits!!

Well, friends- all of you- I'm tired from all the fun and festivities and am going to call it a night!!!

Sounds like a good time was had by all.:yay

Hello everyone. I've been a lurking villager for awhile. Would love to join this group. I love to crochet and have been involved in a prayer shawl ministry for over a year. I love searching different sites for patterns that strike my fancy. My video card went in my personal computer so I have to go the library and use theirs. Hopefully I will be able to post more often and get to know some of you. Good nite for now.

Hi, Loopy. :hi Welcome to Our House. :welcome Glad to have you join us. If you haven't found them yet, FriendshipShawl.org has some marvelous prayer shawl patterns in both knit and crochet. My favorite is the Celtic Knot Shawl pattern.

Morning everyone! Thank you all. I have been so busy the last couple days helping watch Lily so my brother and SIL could prepare for her 1st birthday. I can't believe she's already one.

I hope you are all well. :ghugs

It doesn't seem possible it's been a year since Lily was born! It seems like just a couple of months ago. Show us a picture of her now, please.

Off to get ready to go to lunch. Have a great day. I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

welcome aboard loopy knotter.

The library had its plant sale yesterday. In the rain. I stayed and helped.

I got myself some white siberian iris and a queen of the prairie. I have to google that and see what I got myself into !! :rofl

Hi Ladies! Luke is napping and then we'll take him home about 4 - DD and SIL should be home about that time. Five days with a 14 month old has been wonderful, but we're tired. :lol

Welcome to Loopy! We always love to see new friends. :manyheart

Congratulations to Joanne and your DH! Two grandbabies in one summer will be so fun! :c9

I promise to be here more this week - I miss you guys! :yes

welcome aboard loopy knotter.

The library had its plant sale yesterday. In the rain. I stayed and helped.

I got myself some white siberian iris and a queen of the prairie. I have to google that and see what I got myself into !! :rofl

I love Siberian iris plants. I used to have some purple ones at the home in Rochester, MN. No special card and gorgeous.

Hi Ladies! Luke is napping and then we'll take him home about 4 - DD and SIL should be home about that time. Five days with a 14 month old has been wonderful, but we're tired. :lol

I promise to be here more this week - I miss you guys! :yes

Hope you have a restful week this week.

HI House mates

Had a busy day getting caught up on my usual Saturday chores and also stopped at a few stores and did grocery shopping. WE ate early dinner since I didnt have to cook (we had leftovers from yesterday!!

Finished watching the Yankees and now I think I'm ready for a quick nap- which I hardly ever take!! But I'm thinking a half hour snooze will be good! And then do a little crocheting!!!

Hugs to all!:hug

:welcome to our house :hug I'm Marisa and currently live just outside of Philadelphia, but am getting ready to move to Pittsburgh at the end of August to open my own chiropractic office in sept/oct. My sister lives there :yes I'm not married and don't have any children, but I have 2 turtles :manyheart

HI House mates

Had a busy day getting caught up on my usual Saturday chores and also stopped at a few stores and did grocery shopping. WE ate early dinner since I didnt have to cook (we had leftovers from yesterday!!

Finished watching the Yankees and now I think I'm ready for a quick nap- which I hardly ever take!! But I'm thinking a half hour snooze will be good! And then do a little crocheting!!!

Hugs to all!:hug

Sounds like you've had a nice day, Joanne.

House is ready for John and Kim's return.

:hi ladies, I'm back and we had a great weekend. Thanks for all the bday wishes for my mom :hug And on that note......HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TONI!!!! (My mom's name is Antoinette and everyone calls her Toni :D )

Anyhoo, my hair is GONE :D It looked really cute yesterday and today I just let dry as is so I'll take a pic tomorrow to share, when it looks cute :lol I didn't take any before pics because we just didn't think of it ahead of time :( But, you all know what my hair looked like from the last pic from one of our meetings :think I LOVE IT!!!! My mom's going to color it next weekend since we just didn't have time this trip.

On that note, I'll be back later. I've got another thread or 2 to check into yet and would love to get some hook time in tonight and still have to unpack and all that fun stuff.

Welcome!

Archived