Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi everyone!

Had a very long day in Paradise- and just settling in after eating dinner!

Linda- I'm glad that you had such a nice day today! That's having a good "staycation"!!!

Judy- Lucy does sound like a 'ball of fire' and really keeps you busy!! Did she let you go back upstairs to get in some snuggle time?

Marisa- Thanks for explaining what a muddler is! I also copied that recipe down- it does sound like a great summer drink!!!

Toni- Was your tech support at work able to figure out your USB modem issue? I am not a summer person either- so you are in good company here. Fall is also my favorite season!

Cindy- Glad that work went well- my day was extremely busy- the time went by quickly- but I am tired!!!

Mary- Enjoy your time with Luke- now that he's getting bigger, he'll sure keep you busy!!!

Off to settle in with some hook and yarn. See you in the AM!

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone! Sorry for such a long disappearance but I have had alot going on. My hubby had to have another mass removed from his back & this one had him out for two months. He just went back tonight. Yay! I have been busy with school and entertaining him mostly. I do have some news that will probably floor some of you ladies that know me......I am about seven weeks pregnant! I know I always said I didn't want more, but the time has come & I am really excited!!!

Anywhoo, enough about me......how are all of you? Is Julie okay? I see she hasn't posted in a bit. I hope all is well with all of you. :ghug

:clap:clap:clap Wow- Congratulations!!!! So good to hear from you!!! It must be great to have hubby back to work after 2 months home!! Glad that he is doing better! How's school? Will you be finished before your new arrival?

Haven't heard from Julie in a bit and I worry about her- but she has a lot going on and I only pray that all is ok.

My DD will be having my first grandchild- a little boy- in August!! (or if he comes a bit early- July). Have you started crocheting for the new little one yet? When are you due? I'm so happy for you!!!

Hi everyone! Sorry for such a long disappearance but I have had alot going on. My hubby had to have another mass removed from his back & this one had him out for two months. He just went back tonight. Yay! I have been busy with school and entertaining him mostly. I do have some news that will probably floor some of you ladies that know me......I am about seven weeks pregnant! I know I always said I didn't want more, but the time has come & I am really excited!!!

Anywhoo, enough about me......how are all of you? Is Julie okay? I see she hasn't posted in a bit. I hope all is well with all of you. :ghug

Oh Tabby, it's wonderful to hear from you and congrats :yay:clap:cheer:bounce:woo I'm soo excited for you and glad to hear the dh is doing better and back to work today.....so how did work go for him today?

Julie has been popping in every now and again, but does have alot going on right now, sending prayers out to her :hug

Thanks everyone.

I will be done with school in the beginning of September & I'm not due until the end of January. I haven't crocheted anything yet because it is so early & I don't want to jinx myself. I am feeling good, a lil nauseous here & there but for the most part just exhausted.

Hubby works second shift so I'm not sure how it's going for him, but he didn't return home so that must be a good sign.

Julie if you're reading along know that you are in my thoughts always. *hugs*

Thanks everyone.

I will be done with school in the beginning of September & I'm not due until the end of January. I haven't crocheted anything yet because it is so early & I don't want to jinx myself. I am feeling good, a lil nauseous here & there but for the most part just exhausted.

Hubby works second shift so I'm not sure how it's going for him, but he didn't return home so that must be a good sign.

Oooo, oooo...my bday is on the 27th of Jan :D I wouldn't mind sharing :yes

Good morning all!

I have been up for a bit- finished the baby RR- all I have to do tonight is the border round and it's done! I do need another cup of coffee already and it's only 6AM!

Judy- And so it begins again- another Yankee/Red Sox series tonight! The way I see it, the Boston Bruins won their hockey game last night so the Boston fans are excited! Now tonight, it's time for the Yankees to take it to the Red Sox!!!:lol

Julie, LeAnna, Sherri, Marlene---thinking about you and hoping all is well!!!

Tammy- How did the baseball games go last night?

DH just woke up and is in a gabby mood :eek so I'm going to sign off and chat for a bit- and grab another cup of coffee!

Have a good day one and all!

'morning, peeps :)

What wonderful news!!!!! I love babies....:c9

Judy- Lucy does sound like a 'ball of fire' and really keeps you busy!! Did she let you go back upstairs to get in some snuggle time?

Yup - she took another nap:lol There's nothing like a pup with a full belly:D

Judy- And so it begins again- another Yankee/Red Sox series tonight! The way I see it, the Boston Bruins won their hockey game last night so the Boston fans are excited! Now tonight, it's time for the Yankees to take it to the Red Sox!!!:lol
That was scary when the Bruin player had to be strapped to a backboard last night! I was actually rooting for them after that ugly hit!

It's going to be a wild series with the Red Sox!

...just heard a "ripppp"...had to give Lucy's tennis ball a haircut:lol

BBL...after trying a new hair place...need a modern girl....

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm getting ready to head up to do my workout. Just chatting with my mom and sister on the phone. We're all frustrated by my bro's family and them making their plans coming home for the family reunion. :eek Every time they come here, it's a huge mess and they change their plans a hundred times. Booked a flight on sunday to come home and then changed it on monday, less than 24 hours later.....We're wondering how many more times this will happen until the end of July :think So, I could go on for hours and I'd have a book written by the time I finish :sigh Suffice it to say, they're driving us all crazy!!!!! :eek I don't feel this much stress from working on opening my office :think

Ok, going to workout and hopefully release some of this energy :idea

Good morning, everyone. It got really hot and muggy last night. I'm sure that the humidity had to be 99%. It was awful. I'm glad it waited until we got home to turn so hot and muggy. I went to LaCazeula for supper last night. It's a Mexican restaurant and had chicken fahita quesadillas with part of a beer. It was oh so good. Eating out twice in one day! Wow! I ended up spoiling the puppies for a bit and reading. Need to make a run to Walmart today to pick up meds. And I have to work on the Challenge Quilt. Actually I need to finish it and get it in the mail. The deadline is now looming.

Oh, WOW! :yay Congratulations! :yay

Thanks everyone.

The end of school is in sight! Hooray! And before baby comes by a good bit. Glad to hear that hubby is back to doing well.

Leanna, Julie, and all in need of hugs. :hug :hug :hug Praying for you and hoping things aren't too bad.

Hope everyone has a good day. Catch you all later. :manyheart

post-18634-135897665263_thumb.jpg

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Thank you all for all your sweet words! Marisa....... I too wish you lived closer... we would have a blast crocheting together in my craft room once its clean!

Joanne ... the games went well.......... Patrick pitched an outstanding game. And although they lost... He was on top of his game and the Sr Legion Coaches noticed!!! David's team won their game and David got to pitch the last inning! He did great!

Tabby.................. WOW... Congrats my dear!!!!! I would have more if I could! I have 6 kids and 8 grandbabies... so I guess I'm set. :D

Julie........ hope you're doing alright. If you pop in enough to read this.......... love ya hon!!!

It was hot here too last night Linda...... On the way to Patrick's baseball game the temp in the car said 103* on the bank it said 102* So either way... hot!

Okay... :mug refill time and get busy on some crocheting! I also have some packages to get ready for the mail!

catch up later! :hug

:heart

:mug

Hi Ladies!

Tab, Congrats on a new baby! How exciting! And school is almost finished to. Glad DH is doing better and able to go back to work.

Judy, Good luck with the new salon. I got mine cut 2 weeks ago with a new girl and am very happy with it. I just wear it layer for the now. Mine is so thick and heavy that it is the best cut for me.

Don't know if I can get caught up with everyone or not. So I hope everyone is doing well.

On the crochet front I finally got the RR done. I'll try and post a picture later.

Maya's 5th birthday was saturday and we spent the weekend at her house. Her party was at the Air Zoo. It is a place with lots of airplanes and a few rides. There was only 5 kids and it was the perfect amount.

The rides were a hot air balloon, a plane (that they could make go up or down on there own) and a space ship.

Last night Maya, DH and I went out fishing. I haven't been in two years and it was fun. The fish are bedding right now so they are easy to catch. Hubby said these ones are the females so we caught them then released them. He said in a couple of days the males will be in. They are the bigger so hope we can get back out later this week.

Hubby had an upper GI last week and we go back to the doctor thursday. I had to get the results from the esophageal manometry test they did last year. Those results said he has a hiatial hernia (which we already knew) but it says the wrap is still intact, but the docttor reviewed the endoscopic photos and there is no wrap present.

It will be interesting to see what the doctor has to say as we went through this two years ago to. One doctor said there was no wrap and this doctor the surgeon said there is. I keep telling them all that he was pain free for 3 months after the surgery and then the pain started again. The surgeon said he had a second hernia but it was to small to be causing and pain, just watch it. Well now the pain is much worse than ever before. So we need a fix.

I have Maya in the tub and I need to shower to and get some work done around here. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hi, All. :hi Since it's a bit cooler today, I snagged Rosie this morning and we drove down to Marietta and went to a bunch of the stores that I used to frequent when I lived down there. We had lunch at one of my favorite restaurants. Rosie had their version of a Patty Melt and I had their Reuben sandwich. Both came with large cut French Fries and pickle and were fabulous. We picked up dessert later at the Austrian Bakery. I had an eclair and she had an apricot tart. We had a great time.

Now off to do something else. Read or sew. And spoil the puppies a bit.

Sounds like you are really enjoying your time off!:cheer

:clapCongratulations!!!!!I'd have another if I could, but I guess I have to settle for playing with the grandbabies! Glad to her hubby is back on his feet:hug

Good morning all!

I have been up for a bit- finished the baby RR- all I have to do tonight is the border round and it's done! I do need another cup of coffee already and it's only 6AM!

DH just woke up and is in a gabby mood :eek so I'm going to sign off and chat for a bit- and grab another cup of coffee!

Have a good day one and all!

Jeez! So busy so early! :lolI can't seem to wake up before 8:30 these days-not that there is alot for me to do once I am up though!:P

Good morning ladies :coffee

I'm getting ready to head up to do my workout. Just chatting with my mom and sister on the phone. We're all frustrated by my bro's family and them making their plans coming home for the family reunion. :eek Every time they come here, it's a huge mess and they change their plans a hundred times. Booked a flight on sunday to come home and then changed it on monday, less than 24 hours later.....We're wondering how many more times this will happen until the end of July :think So, I could go on for hours and I'd have a book written by the time I finish :sigh Suffice it to say, they're driving us all crazy!!!!! :eek I don't feel this much stress from working on opening my office :think

Ok, going to workout and hopefully release some of this energy :idea

Isn't family great!:lolHope your workout made you feel better!:hug

[ATTACH]40316[/ATTACH]

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning House¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

Thank you all for all your sweet words! Marisa....... I too wish you lived closer... we would have a blast crocheting together in my craft room once its clean!

Joanne ... the games went well.......... Patrick pitched an outstanding game. And although they lost... He was on top of his game and the Sr Legion Coaches noticed!!! David's team won their game and David got to pitch the last inning! He did great!

Tabby.................. WOW... Congrats my dear!!!!! I would have more if I could! I have 6 kids and 8 grandbabies... so I guess I'm set. :D

Julie........ hope you're doing alright. If you pop in enough to read this.......... love ya hon!!!

It was hot here too last night Linda...... On the way to Patrick's baseball game the temp in the car said 103* on the bank it said 102* So either way... hot!

Okay... :mug refill time and get busy on some crocheting! I also have some packages to get ready for the mail!

catch up later! :hug

:heart

:mug

Baseball sounds like it was awesome! Yep, that's pretty hot! I'm ok until it gets about 90 and then I just want to stay inside with the a/c! Have a great day!

Hi Ladies!

Don't know if I can get caught up with everyone or not. So I hope everyone is doing well.

On the crochet front I finally got the RR done. I'll try and post a picture later.

Maya's 5th birthday was saturday and we spent the weekend at her house. Her party was at the Air Zoo. It is a place with lots of airplanes and a few rides. There was only 5 kids and it was the perfect amount.

The rides were a hot air balloon, a plane (that they could make go up or down on there own) and a space ship.

Last night Maya, DH and I went out fishing. I haven't been in two years and it was fun. The fish are bedding right now so they are easy to catch. Hubby said these ones are the females so we caught them then released them. He said in a couple of days the males will be in. They are the bigger so hope we can get back out later this week.

Hubby had an upper GI last week and we go back to the doctor thursday. I had to get the results from the esophageal manometry test they did last year. Those results said he has a hiatial hernia (which we already knew) but it says the wrap is still intact, but the docttor reviewed the endoscopic photos and there is no wrap present.

It will be interesting to see what the doctor has to say as we went through this two years ago to. One doctor said there was no wrap and this doctor the surgeon said there is. I keep telling them all that he was pain free for 3 months after the surgery and then the pain started again. The surgeon said he had a second hernia but it was to small to be causing and pain, just watch it. Well now the pain is much worse than ever before. So we need a fix.

I have Maya in the tub and I need to shower to and get some work done around here. Hope everyone has a nice day!

Sound like you had a terrific weekend with Maya! :hugto you and your hubby and hope they figure it all out and take care of it!

GOOD MORNING!!!!!The sun is finally shining:sun here and it is supposed to be in the 80's for the rest of the week!:cheer I'll finally get to enjoy my backyard and not be stuck in the house all day! Obviously not much new going on here, my dd turned 21 Sunday and she laughed because she couldn't even celebrate! Her due date is Sept. 18 and she is having a girl. I'll see her and my gs later today:clap Breaks up the monotony of my exciting days:lol Other than my pt appointments twice a week, I don't get away from the house much, but that's ok as long as my shoulder heals and I no longer have any pain.

Well, need to go take a shower and get ready for my visit! Hope you all have a fabulous day!:hug:manyheart

On the crochet front I finally got the RR done. I'll try and post a picture later. Congratulations!!!

The rides were a hot air balloon, a plane (that they could make go up or down on there own) and a space ship. Sounds like fun for the kids.

Good luck to hubby on the doctor front. Hope they can get things figured out and fixed for him soon. :hug :hug :hug

Hi, Tammy. Congratulations to both boys on their games. Even though Patrick's team didn't win, it sounds like he did a super job of pitching.

I got the last side panel on the Challenge Quilt don this morning. I need to take a break and get some lunch and go by Walmart and pick up meds, then I'll tackle the last two corner squares. I need to go to the library and print out the paperwork to go with it, too.

Afternoon everyone!

Was able to log off at a reasonable hour today :woo Have dr. appt. this afternoon to see how my blood and protein levels are. Finished sewing the button on the little halter top, will get photo later and put one on a towel topper I'm giving as a gift in a swap.

Joanne, I've gotten the new USB modem to work, but when I log on to work through the VPN, it goes fluky on me. Another call to tech tomorrow :lol I am NOT giving up my old aircard until this is more stable.

Tabby, hi and glad your hubby is back to work and :cheer congratulations on the pending delivery :cheer so much fun to have a little one around.

Marisa, there is always one in every family that causes the rest to go crazy. Hang in there.

Judy, all I have to do is get my pillow and fleece throw and Shasta is ready for a nap, at the end of my feet, on the sofa :lol Gotta love em!

Trish, glad to hear your shoulder is getting better. I don't get out of house much either, except for dr. appts and I have 3 of those this week. Always try to make the most of my time out to conserve gas, go pick up whatever I need when I'm out so I don't have to go out again. Besides, it's way to hot to be out much :eek

Tam, :cheer way to go boys!!

Linda, can't wait to see the completed quilt.

To everyone :hug :hug and prayers where needed and TTYL

~* hIYA ALLLLL*~ I'm around and about----i'm surviving........

Wrennie----got your box of goodies today!!! *~ THANK YOU~* I NEED to take photos of everything i've received so people don't think I'm waltzing around with their stuff! lol I'm excited! My collection is growing and growing!

*.~.* to all my friends....... I miss you tremendously!!!

I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had a chance to read back on anything- Aree is keeping me hopping w/ dance and softball. Dance is supposed to be getting over and it just keeps going and going and going lol. School is out and she's going to Boys & girls club all day while I'm at work and today she INSISTED i leave her Alllllll DAY that is 0800-1800--- wth??? lol Even though I normally pick her up at 1700, she's not staying a FULL day and she has to! lol I have no clue why but ok!

The boyfriend from TN and I are no longer....that's kind of a wild adventure but I can't do it anymore and I'm sure not going to be made to feel like I'm at someones beck and call and I have to beg for anything! He's changed and I notice that but he's in denial and I'm MUCH to straight lined---I'm not usually moody or rude, etc.....Who knows he might have something else going on in his life--I guess that's the risk I took when he left! It's ok- I have other avenues to pursue!!!!! not going to let it get me down!

I'm just trying to keep afloat! Been working on a bunch of projects---including Sue's tote/bag/turtle carrier!!! lol

Judy, Good luck with the new salon. I got mine cut 2 weeks ago with a new girl and am very happy with it. I just wear it layer for the now. Mine is so thick and heavy that it is the best cut for me.

Success at the new salon! Mine is thick can get frizzy - this girl used a razor and textured it, making more, long, layers. I'm thrilled with her! And getting her to do my color in a few weeks. She's going to make me a little more blonde:D

On the crochet front I finally got the RR done. I'll try and post a picture later.WTG!

Last night Maya, DH and I went out fishing. I haven't been in two years and it was fun. The fish are bedding right now so they are easy to catch. Hubby said these ones are the females so we caught them then released them. He said in a couple of days the males will be in. They are the bigger so hope we can get back out later this week.What fun you and Maya have:c9

Hubby had an upper GI last week and we go back to the doctor thursday. I had to get the results from the esophageal manometry test they did last year. Those results said he has a hiatial hernia (which we already knew) but it says the wrap is still intact, but the docttor reviewed the endoscopic photos and there is no wrap present. Oh, brother....can't doctors get anything right??:angry

Hot today - getting hotter over the next days, too:(

~* hIYA ALLLLL*~ I'm around and about----i'm surviving........

Wrennie----got your box of goodies today!!! *~ THANK YOU~* I NEED to take photos of everything i've received so people don't think I'm waltzing around with their stuff! lol I'm excited! My collection is growing and growing!

The 2 scarves I made are for you - want to make more before sending them...

I hope everyone is doing well, I haven't had a chance to read back on anything- Aree is keeping me hopping w/ dance and softball. Dance is supposed to be getting over and it just keeps going and going and going lol. School is out and she's going to Boys & girls club all day while I'm at work and today she INSISTED i leave her Alllllll DAY that is 0800-1800--- wth??? lol Even though I normally pick her up at 1700, she's not staying a FULL day and she has to! lol I have no clue why but ok!

The boyfriend from TN and I are no longer....that's kind of a wild adventure but I can't do it anymore and I'm sure not going to be made to feel like I'm at someones beck and call and I have to beg for anything! He's changed and I notice that but he's in denial and I'm MUCH to straight lined---I'm not usually moody or rude, etc.....Who knows he might have something else going on in his life--I guess that's the risk I took when he left! It's ok- I have other avenues to pursue!!!!! not going to let it get me down!

I'm just trying to keep afloat! Been working on a bunch of projects---including Sue's tote/bag/turtle carrier!!! lol

Sorry about the ex...and from an old lady here: just enjoy your DD and your friends and life in general and what is meant to happen...will happen.:hug:manyheart

CU all later or tomorrow...

Lovely to hear from you, Kiyo, but sorry about BF. Sometime you just got to do what you got to do. :hug :hug :hug I'm building up a stash of things to head your way eventually. Several scarves are done except for weaving in the tails.

Ran errands this afternoon and going to go to Rosie's for supper in a few. She told me I couldn't go to the local quilt store without buying anything. I was dropping off some books for the owner. I didn't pick up anything for myself but I picked up a couple yards of clearance material for her just so she could gloat. Then I'll reveal that it's for her and I'll gloat. :devil

Judy-----I have super thick hair which is why the short cut works so well for me- when I had it mid back length, it was a thick ol mane and I didn't like how it felt because my hair is oriental hair---it's a little more coarse. However.......I've ALWAYS had my hair razored and I LOVE IT!!!! That's awesome that you had success!!! and yes.......I'm just living life and what happens happens! I've got Aree and my dogs, my Parents and my brother, who needs anything else?":!!!

Sorry about the ex boyfriend, but at least you have a good attitude about it.

I had a super busy day at work today, and then I went grocery shopping. Its 98 degrees here and very humid.

DD went to the beach with a bunch of friends. I am just sitting here enjoying the air conditioning.

Hope you all have a good evening.

Archived