5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

:snow.......... Good Morning all..........

What a week so far..........

We’ve had winds as high as 45-55 miles an hour… freezing rain.. snow… temps of -8 or less…….. so we’ve been literally stranded at home!

Hubby is still in the hospital and we haven’t been able to see him for going on 3 days now.

I have a BAD headache... well I live daily with headaches... but this one the last few days has been worse. It was so bad yesterday I couldnt even crochet because my eyes hurt so bad........ :(

Did manage to get a nice deer roast put in the crockpot yesterday for dinner. YUM

I'm hoping for some real crochet time today.... my hands are in need of some yarn in them! :D

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe

have a GREAT day!!!!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope your headache goes away soon Tam!

RoseRed, doing any better yet? Hope the antibiotics have been helping to kick the flu out of your body!

Ladibug, I hope you don't catch the bug too! If you do and decide to sabotage her desk... you can always wrap everything on her desk in tin foil... and i mean everything...

Oh Tam I just LOVE :manyheart a good deer roast!

My hubby didn't get even ONE this past hunting season- it wasn't for lack of trying either - just completely skunked - :(

Now we have to go back to buying beef instead of our wonderful "veef" - there is just such a taste difference and quality - I am used to always having lean meat - now it's back to dealing with fat and gristle.:blush

I hope your roast was yummy - wish I could smell it cooking!

I also cringe when I pick up a pound of ground beef and can't believe :( the pricing cuz it's been so long since I have ever had to buy any!

Pray hubby is doing better each day and that your headaches subside - those can be debilitating!:hug

Tam - I hear you about the headaches. I've had one ever since I was rear-ended back in September. I hope you get to see your hubby soon.

Wish I could've made it over for dinner. I LOVE a good deer roast.

shuttlebuggy - that stinks about not getting anything this year.

Shell - I'm feeling better. The anti-biotics are bothering my stomach tho. I'm still not right but lots better than I was. Thanx for asking. How are you feeling? Did you kick it yet?

Oh Tam I just LOVE :manyheart a good deer roast!

My hubby didn't get even ONE this past hunting season- it wasn't for lack of trying either - just completely skunked - :(

Now we have to go back to buying beef instead of our wonderful "veef" - there is just such a taste difference and quality - I am used to always having lean meat - now it's back to dealing with fat and gristle.:blush

I hope your roast was yummy - wish I could smell it cooking!

I also cringe when I pick up a pound of ground beef and can't believe :( the pricing cuz it's been so long since I have ever had to buy any!

Pray hubby is doing better each day and that your headaches subside - those can be debilitating!:hug

Oh hon............... It was so yummy!!!

post-18634-135897623156_thumb.jpg

We ended up snowed in and I didnt have all the supplies I would have liked to have for roast... but I had a nice bag of sweet corn.. .so I made homemade gravy and we had a really nice dinner!

I have a few pounds of deer burger still in the freezer ... so I need to see what I can create for dinner tonight. We're still stranded today. :snow

Hubby doesnt hunt... but the friends that we let hunt on our land supply us in all kinds of yummy meat.

Thank you so much for your prayers!!

Hope your headache goes away soon Tam! Thanks so much hon!!!!

RoseRed, doing any better yet? Hope the antibiotics have been helping to kick the flu out of your body!

Ladibug, I hope you don't catch the bug too! If you do and decide to sabotage her desk... you can always wrap everything on her desk in tin foil... and i mean everything...

Tam - I hear you about the headaches. I've had one ever since I was rear-ended back in September. I hope you get to see your hubby soon. Oh goodness hon..... so sorry!!!! Headaches are somethin' else. :( I've dealt with these for most of my adult life...... last summer a friend (chiropractor) discovered I had a serious issue with my neck.. said it was from a serious trama in my past... well.. without getting into too much personal issues.. I will just say... I am no longer married to the reason for that trama.

Wish I could've made it over for dinner. I LOVE a good deer roast. My boys were so excited about dinner last night... heheheheehe.... the whole day the house smelled so good! Made them crazy... LOL

shuttlebuggy - that stinks about not getting anything this year.

Shell - I'm feeling better. The anti-biotics are bothering my stomach tho. I'm glad you'r'e feeling better... even though the meds arent making it easy! Being sick is NO FUN! I'm still not right but lots better than I was. Thanx for asking. How are you feeling? Did you kick it yet?

I'll never get any crocheting done if I don't turn off this computer.

Hah, I was just thinking the same thing! Time to close out browsing and get started on taking advantage of my snow day of crocheting!

:yay My internet is back up and running, after the service guy had to replace some wiring and a splitter.

Shuttlebuggy, i'm still waiting on some more varigated yarn, 2 from the gals on ravelry and the yarn shop (seaneedles) called and said they were placing a Plymouth order and would see if they could get it from the warehouse still. That would just be awesome!! :clap

So, until i get at least the other 2 skeins that project is still on hold....need to know how to finish out the colors once i have all the yarn. :hook

Shell, so glad you are feeling better.

Instead of foil, I was thinking more of tape....lots of packing tape. :lol

She actually left around 9:30 yesterday...i think she was asked to leave. I just couldn't beleive she came in with a fever like that...sneezing and coughing. :yuck

Rosered, headaches just suck...hope your flu symptoms are almost gone.

Tam, hope hubby is on the mend and you get to see him soon.

The roast looks yummy!! I miss the deer too, haven't had any in nearly 2 years. I love it and use it in most all beef recipes when I have it.

I didn't have the headaches, instead I had seizures (& was medicated the entirety of my former marriage)...and that person is completely out of my life now too. I've been medication free for over 6 years now, and completely seizure free for just over 3 years now. :cheer

Amy - I really like the color scheme for your next starburst! Did you finish your other multipointed one?

No, I had to put that one to the side. That wedding isn't until October. I volunteered to make something for a silent auction to benefit a former classmate of mine with a brain tumor, that has to be finished Feb 26th and I don't crochet very quickly. And lately I've just been exhausted, like, all the time and I haven't even worked on the auction one for the past 3 or 4 days. I'm hoping to kick it's butt this weekend. :)

Okay, I'm definitely going ot need to learn this pattern in time to make a blanket for my youngest female cousin's wedding! She just told me she got engaged this weekend! Wedding isnt until June 2012, so that gives me time to finish my current list of projects then learn this pattern and get practice.

I can't believe she's getting married! I just cant see her as being old enough. I know she's 20, but still... she's my baby cousin!

Tam - your roast dinner looked divine!!!!!!!!!!! I notice you made a light colored gravy - I usually use a brown mushroom one - would you mind sharing your recipe for gravy???:P:P:P:P

Amy - I hear ya - sometimes I can go into crochet mode and go quickly but alot of times I am on the slower side with hands that don't always cooperate the way I'd like 'em too - but of late I've been crochetn' up a storm - literally DURING the storm(s) :lol

Today my shoulder is being a real pita - so off to PT for me to get it handled.

Crissie - I gotcha - waiting for the right colors to get ordered and found - good luck in the search!

Michele - I went to bed with a headache - they doooo suck big time - hate 'em :angry hope you're feeling better today...

Shell - that's a great idea - maybe I'll make one for my daughters shower this summer - her future hubby is a big Steeler's fan and so is she - it would probably look pretty cool in black,yellow and some white....

Hmmmmm-

Dunno - kind of thinking on that - don't want to get too much going - I have a really cute polar fleece piece in the Precious Moments Bride and Groom that I am going to edge out and give.

But the fiance's bday is in August - so maybe for that!

:yes

maybe I'll make one for my daughters shower this summer - her future hubby is a big Steeler's fan and so is she - it would probably look pretty cool in black,yellow and some white....

Hmmmmm-

Dunno - kind of thinking on that - don't want to get too much going - I have a really cute polar fleece piece in the Precious Moments Bride and Groom that I am going to edge out and give.

But the fiance's bday is in August - so maybe for that!

:yes

I loathe the Steelers and even I think that sounds cool. And if there's a team I hate more than the Steelers it's the Cowboys but can you image how cool this would be in their colors with the Cowboys star in the middle?? It makes me want to puke just thinking about it. :lol

I have no idea who the Steelers are but black,yellow & white sounds good :)

we don't play the same games as you all do over there :lol

I've been totally rubbish at getting anything done today,washed dishes, wiped down the bathroom and bagged up some cones of yarn for the hub' to carry upstairs for me and that is it

I've spent a lot of time reading up on sewing techniques for various ideas running around my head but no crochet at all :eek

Shell, you will fall in love with this pattern!! Its so easy to follow, she has it marked as intermediate, but its really not hard at all. So go ahead, pick you out some colors, and get started on it...:lol

Cris :welcome to the CAL!! I have several things on the hook too, 2 of which are this pattern :hook

Amy, :rofl I'm a Redskins fan, but have to say the steelers colors and the Cowboys would be awesome with this pattern.

Kook...Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys are all football teams. Steelers & Green Bay Packers are going the SuperBowl game, which is the champion game, on this Sunday!!

Kook...Steelers, Redskins, Cowboys are all football teams. Steelers & Green Bay Packers are going the SuperBowl game, which is the champion game, on this Sunday!!

The only Cowboys I know are from Bonanza that my Dad watched every Sunday afternoon when I was a kid ;)

but we REAL football over here, ya know the kind where they use their FEET :lol

and don't start me on baseball with it's World Series which roughly translates to us in the rest of the world as the USA Series

:rofl

That's funny Kook! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

And yes in the Cowboys theme with the star it would be great - I am not a Cowboys fan either ;)

But the motif fits in great for that.

We seem to have fizzled. Between being sick and taking a couple online classes and DDs birthday I'm lucky I still know my name. Haven't touched the ghan since last week sometime. ugh.

How's it going with everyone else?

:wbrrGood Morning................

its a whooping 4* out right now..... woohoo.... LOL Its suppose to get up in the teens today... I'm so excited... :lol

I am done with one set of charity squares I needed to get done... I'm done with a baby round ripple I needed to get done.... I am 95% done with a prayer blanket I need to finish... So I am offically starting my 5-10pt startburst today. I need to get it done for a baby shower!

I'm off to get a manicure here in about 15min.... I need at least one hour of "me time"..... then I will be back and crocheting!!!!

Okay... off I go....

Catch up later.............

Stay warm!!!

---

Archived