5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

Morning ladies. Hope everyone had a good night. I'm making oatmeal at the moment. I throw in a couple cinnamon sticks, vanilla and brown sugar into the water and it comes out AWESOME!

I haven't made it to walmart yet. I've actually been working on a pattern for a 20 point round ripple that won't need points added in. I think I got it and it's out to be tested. That's my big news for today.

I really need to make a couple stops today but it's all dark, dreary and rainy and I really dont want to leave the house. I just want to take my stronger pain pills and curl up on the couch and call it a NON day.

I might head down when I pick DD up from school tho. I'm probably going to finish this pink and purple thing I'm working on first.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were supposed to have dreary weather, but the sun is shining... I'm so glad...i really don't like dreary. Originally we were headed for a snowstorm, but its travelling north of us. Yay!!

I'm working a half day today, and fixing pancakes for the girls for lunch...they were disappointed we didn't have them Sunday...we had scrapple and eggs instead. So Pancake Lunch it is, then its getting them packed up and taking them home by 5 today.

Tam, did you find some stash yarn to get started??

Kook, how's your headache? Hope you are feeling better today.

Amy, did you work on yours any yesterday??

Mary, how's your's coming?

RoseRed, you been yarn shopping yet??

I tried to work on mine last night, but just couldn't wrap my head around it...had to take some more medicine, then went to bed early. A much better day today.

No, I was having a lazy night. I watched The Bachelor with a big sleeping Basset Hound on my lap. Tonight is Biggest Loser, so I'll be working on it during that.

I'm tempted to try a round ripple again. My first few attempts were...disasters. Have several ghans in progress and more planned at the moment though so not sure when I'd be able to fit a round ripple in!

You're more than welcome to try it but this really isn't the best pattern to learn a round ripple on. You know - this is kookies first ripple too and she seems to be doing great with it so- why not?

You're more than welcome to hang out here with us regardless of which ripple you decide to work on. It can be a little frustrating until you get that aha! moment but I'm sure we could talk you thru it.

You know - this is kookies first ripple too and she seems to be doing great with it so- why not?

You're more than welcome to hang out here with us regardless of which ripple you decide to work on. It can be a little frustrating until you get that aha! moment but I'm sure we could talk you thru it.

I have a big Boston and a hubby that doesn't like dogs on the furniture *pouts*. I would LOVE to have him on my lap. He seems to like being held less now that he's 7. I wonder if it's age aches or just getting old and cranky. He's certainly getting more demanding in his 'old age'.

I have a big Boston and a hubby that doesn't like dogs on the furniture *pouts*. I would LOVE to have him on my lap. He seems to like being held less now that he's 7. I wonder if it's age aches or just getting old and cranky. He's certainly getting more demanding in his 'old age'.

We could NEVER not let our dogs on the furniture. Our furniture is even brand new just in August and we still can't do it. They're our kids... til we have kids. They get away with everything. :) Mostly Wilma (the one in my avatar) was on me last night, but at times she'd get hot and Morgan would take her place.

post-36556-135897620486_thumb.jpg

It's quiet today, are you all still in bed over there?! :lol

I'm up to 30" now with my blanket and I think it's looking really good :)

Not much computer time for me today, its my hubby's day off and then I have dance class tonight so I thought I'd stop by and share a progress pic whilst I got the chance.

post-14036-135897620615_thumb.jpg

Checking in to say that I finished my ghan :crocheting - it measures 45" across and will become baby boy David's come April when he's born :c9

I used JunieMarie's (from the 'Ville & Ravelry) Puff Border pattern to edge it out - that way on the 2 puff rows of that pattern - I could incorporate first the green vari and then the blue vari on the next one - the last row of solid color is the one that actually defines the puffs so it seemed to give the look I was after for that to make both vari's work.

The pattern still stands to be extremely readable, with clear concise explanations throughout which I always appreciate and no difficulty in following row by row - it is a perfect pattern you wrote RoseRed:party:rose

It lays completely flat and is not that heavy - I have half of each the green and blue Caron pounder left over, about 1/3 of the blue vari ombre and about a 1/4 of the green vari ombre - so I probably used just shy of 2 pounds.:yarn

post-10396-135897620619_thumb.jpg

Shuttlebuggy - it came out GORGEOUS! I just couldn't place the different shaded vari's in my head but when you said you were changing them up but WOW! very nice.

Kook- you're is coming out amazing too. I LOVE how it's so nice and flat. Beautiful!

I did pick up the blue yarn yesterday. Whoohoo. It downpoured most of the day - all dark and dreary and depressing but I had errands to run anyway. so - now it's finishing some stuff up and making another one.

Good Morning RoseRed!

Yes the 2 vari's was a stretch - but I love greens & blues together and in the end with the border alternating in puffs - it tied it all in nicely, so I am happy with it :)

I love Kook's too - the shading is so nice! Great job Kook - can't wait to see more pics!

Glad you got yarn!:yarn Always a good thing!!!!:D

Yes - the ghan is extremely flat - no ruffling, curling or waving - this pic really shows that!

post-10396-135897620635_thumb.jpg

So when are you going to join us?

Me? First I have to kick the influenza that's been kicking my butt (feeling a little more like myself today thank God). then I have to finish the flannelghan for my stepdad. After that, time to try to learn a round ripple!

I look forward to you joining us! It's kook's first one too. Hope you get to feeling better real quick.

I have a splitting headache today and the chiro is packed. He had to rush his Dad to the hospital this morning so everyone got rescheduled. Waiting for a cancellation so he can fix me up. I love my chiro - I call him my miracle worker.

Hey girls!

Shell, you should try this pattern. Its not hard to follow at all :hook

Tam, did you find some yarn??

My internet at home has not been working since Friday. Been trying to troubleshoot it all day today between crocheting. Even called the co. for troubleshooting, and they scheduled a tech to come out tomorrow...but thn I unhooked everything, detangled wires behind the TV (the internet is through the cable co.) and wa-la...its back. :clap

I started the one for my mom...got to like the 13th row, and just didn't like the color pattern, so i frogged it back to the added points, and am on row 10 now. I like this better. Once I get all the colors in I'll take a pic for you, but i think its gonna turn out pretty.

Kookie and Mary, your's both have turned out awesome. Mary, i wasn't sure how the 2 different variagateds and the blue and sage would all turn out, but it looks really nice. The puff border is really nice too.

Kookie, how much bigger are you gonna make yours??

We have a cock-a-poo who spends most of his day sitting on the back of the couch window watching...waiting for daddy to come home. He is very spoiled. And keeping him off the furniture would be like taking candy from a child!! Although when we were sitting for my daughter's pitbull, i understand the no furniture rule for dogs that shed. He was a mess to clean up after. I don't think i'll ever own another dog that sheds...luckily Bear doesn't.

We have a snowstorm heading this way....its been raining since the middle of the night, and its supposed to change to snow later this evening. We are in the middle of the 1-3" and 2-6" range of snow. Either way, its gonna be messy when all this rain freezes with snow on top. Glad i don't have to go out tomorrow for anything!!

crissie - wow - you're on your 2nd one already?!? how cool!

We're doing perogies for dinner tonight - whoohoo!!!

Ever just want to finish up (hurry up and finish up) what you're doing so that you can get started with the newest want to? That's where I'm at today. I just want to hurry up and finish up so I can start the next one.

I emailed my friend whose child the spidy one is going to be for. I figured I should find out if he even likes (or hates spidey) or if they do or don't before I just go ahead and make it. So - now I wait to hear back.

At least the sun is shining today. Yesterday was dark, rainy and mostly downpouring. Half my driveway is still flooded.

I hope Tam didn't get hurt diving into her stash! Where oh where could she be?

Kookie, how much bigger are you gonna make yours??

The stripe sequence I worked out would get it to about 40" peak to peak but I'm very short on the lightest blue and might have to get another skein, if so I'll keep going until I run out of yarn ;)

My purples/pink one I'm working on is at 42 inches so the end is in sight! YAY!!! Still waiting to hear back from my friend on the colors.

There's just so much that I want to do and I only have 2 hands.:sigh

I just finished a bubbles blanket for my sons girlfriend, so last night I continued on the one that I ran out of yarn and picked that up. I am hoping to gather colors and start on this blanket and I am hoping I can follow along. I love doing RR's so I am looking forward to doing this one.

We have a cock-a-poo who spends most of his day sitting on the back of the couch window watching...waiting for daddy to come home. He is very spoiled. And keeping him off the furniture would be like taking candy from a child!! Although when we were sitting for my daughter's pitbull, i understand the no furniture rule for dogs that shed. He was a mess to clean up after. I don't think i'll ever own another dog that sheds...luckily Bear doesn't. [/Quote]

Oh my gosh!! I had a cock-a-poo growing up! She was the best dog. Daisy. We got her when I was 12 and my parents had her put down when I was 28. That was 4 years ago and sometimes I miss her still. My dogs are awesome, don't get me wrong. But Daisy was the first dog that we/I'd ever had. She was cherished.

I didn't work on the piece last night. I was busy watching it SNOW. And holy cow did it ever. We have like 15 inches. ::epic eye roll:: I hate snow. I'm ready for Spring.

Shuttlebuggy, your ghan is LOVELY!!

Archived