5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a record here - 2 sunny days in a row!

We had a "near miss" on a snowstorm last evening that whisked thru over Long Island and the Sound on it's way out to sea.:whew

Today I may actually make it in to my LYS group - I haven't seen them all in weeks.:(

I am about 5/6 done on another RR I am doing - and finished a quickie baby sweater to match the Starburst one I did here - I even gave it 2 star buttons in front to carry thru not just the yarn colors but the star theme. Crocheted a chain loop to pull across for a little easy closure to the "jacket"-type sweater and whala! :hook

All is in the mail for Saturdays baby shower! :c9

How's everyone doing here?

Yep thats me too, I'm about 2/3 finished the "flowery ripple" for Kylee, and have the 2 starburst ripples I want to work on some afterwards between the other 2 girls blankets. Kylee's measures 42" peak to peak so far. It'll be about 5 feet peak to peak when I'm done.

Through Ravelry and a LYS thats about an hour away, I was able to snag 2 skeins of the varigated Ply. Encore yarn I needed for the first starburst ripple for my MIL. I have a 3rd skein promised from another gal on Ravelry, but I don't hold much hope out since I haven't heard anything from her in a couple weeks. I think the 2 skeins will be fine to work in to what i already have.

Woke up to about 2" of snow this morning. Funny, the weather people said yesterday, slight chance of snow, with little to no accumulation. :think Its pretty out...while the northeast has been getting slammed with snow the past couple weeks, all we managed to get was rain. Glad to see some white stuff for a change. It won't last, supposed to warm up to 40s & 50s over the weekend through mid week next week. :yay

Mary, the matching sweater with star buttons sounds really cute...pics??? Wow, any of the snow melting??

Tam, you are such a busy person it amazes me how you find time to breathe!!! How's your hubby doing? Still sending prayers for your family.

Shell, :lol you made me chuckle about your keys !! Do what ya gotta do girl!! :D

Cris, have you got yours started?? Have you picked out what colors you want to use??

Amy, how's your's coming for the auction??

I HaVenT sTarTed on mine yeT unforTunaTely. (Sorry, some of my keys on THe lapTop appear To noT work anymore unless THey are in Caps).

:lol I used to have the same problem with my old one Shell, everyone thought I was writing like an annoying kid ;)

How's everybody doing??

Amy, when's your auction this month?? Are you almost finished??

Cris, did you find colors and get started??

Tam, you're so busy with other stuff, did you get started on yours yet??

RoseRed, how's your's coming? Pics yet??

Shell, have you got yours started??

I was gifted a 3rd skein of the varigated yarn I was searching for, and received it Saturday. I'm gonna do a few more rows on Kylee's Ripple, and then pick up progress on the starburst ripple for my mother in law. The one for my mom is on the back burner, since its for mother's day.

How's everybody doing??

Tam, you're so busy with other stuff, did you get started on yours yet??

I was gifted a 3rd skein of the varigated yarn I was searching for, and received it Saturday. I'm gonna do a few more rows on Kylee's Ripple, and then pick up progress on the starburst ripple for my mother in law. The one for my mom is on the back burner, since its for mother's day.

I haven't started yet. Too much else going on right now and other blankets to finish lol. Have 2 flannel-style-ghans to finish by April for birthdays (my mom and my dad-in-law). Then finish my mom-in-law's for her birthday in May (not a flannelghan though).

Off to meet Mom for dinner then go to our Fiber Cult...errr... Craft Group meeting. :)

I started another one last night :D

Another blue one because one of Matts workmates is having a baby boy in June and he was really helpful when Matt first started at this job. Again it is made from stash so it's oddments of blue & some cream in this time around. I started off with turquoise and then I'll add some cream.

I've also started a girly blanket for the "doily to blanket" CAL

post-14036-135897629084_thumb.jpg

Yep thats me too, I'm about 2/3 finished the "flowery ripple" for Kylee, and have the 2 starburst ripples I want to work on some afterwards between the other 2 girls blankets. Kylee's measures 42" peak to peak so far. It'll be about 5 feet peak to peak when I'm done.

Through Ravelry and a LYS thats about an hour away, I was able to snag 2 skeins of the varigated Ply. Encore yarn I needed for the first starburst ripple for my MIL. I have a 3rd skein promised from another gal on Ravelry, but I don't hold much hope out since I haven't heard anything from her in a couple weeks. I think the 2 skeins will be fine to work in to what i already have.

Woke up to about 2" of snow this morning. Funny, the weather people said yesterday, slight chance of snow, with little to no accumulation. :think Its pretty out...while the northeast has been getting slammed with snow the past couple weeks, all we managed to get was rain. Glad to see some white stuff for a change. It won't last, supposed to warm up to 40s & 50s over the weekend through mid week next week. :yay

Mary, the matching sweater with star buttons sounds really cute...pics??? Wow, any of the snow melting??

Tam, you are such a busy person it amazes me how you find time to breathe!!! How's your hubby doing? Still sending prayers for your family. Tell me about it... LOL......... next time you get the chance .. .you should peek at my blog.... you could see how busy I have been lately... LOL... :whew Hubby is hangin' tough! Goes in for blood work tomorrow to see how close he is to having his next round of chemo. Thanks for the prayers... they are very much appreciated!!!

Shell, :lol you made me chuckle about your keys !! Do what ya gotta do girl!! :D

Cris, have you got yours started?? Have you picked out what colors you want to use??

Amy, how's your's coming for the auction??

Here ya go Crissie as requested, the pics look big but it truly is "newborn" sized. ;););)Wow....... that is outstanding!!! Great work!!!

How's everybody doing??

Tam, you're so busy with other stuff, did you get started on yours yet?? Yes.... just barley! I really hope to play more with it this week. :hook

I started another one last night :D

Another blue one because one of Matts workmates is having a baby boy in June and he was really helpful when Matt first started at this job. Again it is made from stash so it's oddments of blue & some cream in this time around. I started off with turquoise and then I'll add some cream.

oooooooooooooooooh...... cant wait to see this one! :D

I've also started a girly blanket for the "doily to blanket" CAL

:heart

:mug

Aww... thanks guys! You're so sweet to compliment and encourage me!

I have a Prayer blanket I have in the works right now that I really NEED to get done ASAP ... so I'm hoping to get some work done on this 5-10 point.

I got this baby blanket done in a day for hubby to take to the office for one of his buddies that's wife just had a baby. (12 point round ripple)

post-18634-135897630187_thumb.jpg

This is the prayer blanket I'm working on........ (also going to be a 12 point round ripple)

post-18634-135897630179_thumb.jpg

post-18634-135897630183_thumb.jpg

Kookie, love the blues you've picked for the baby star rr. that will look really nice!!

My very small start to my blanket................ :whew

My boys keep me so darn busy... I cant even get work done on this while we're out... :hook

Looking good so far...

And I do follow your blog...and know how busy you really are!! Glad to hear hubby is better from the pnuemonia, ongoing prayers for him and your family!!

Aww... thanks guys! You're so sweet to compliment and encourage me!

I have a Prayer blanket I have in the works right now that I really NEED to get done ASAP ... so I'm hoping to get some work done on this 5-10 point.

I got this baby blanket done in a day for hubby to take to the office for one of his buddies that's wife just had a baby. (12 point round ripple)

[ATTACH]35220[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]35221[/ATTACH]

That looks really nice!! I don't think I'd be able to stick with only one color...i get bored too easy!! But I love the way they look!!

This is the prayer blanket I'm working on........ (also going to be a 12 point round ripple)

[ATTACH]35219[/ATTACH]

Love the orange...is that going to be solid too??

I started a new job on Thursday and have a whole hour for lunch - i've packed my lunch and my lost yarn star ripple and gotten 3 more rows done on it. That will be my work project :lol and the other WIPs i have at home will be my at home projects. Hoping i can get some of these WIPs whipped!!! I have some more things i want to make!!!

I am on my last row of Kylee's flowery 12 pt. ripple. going to use the border that was posted earlier in this thread, i think. Was contemplating just putting some multicolored fringe on each of the points, but changed my mind. I'll measure and share a pic when its all done.

Thanks so much Rose!!! I like them in solid colors also! I've made so many round ripples its not even funny... most of them time they are multi color/stripes... so its nice to just do solid once in a while. :hook

how ya feelin' hon?

<><

Crissie........ wow... thanks for the compliments!!! You're so sweet! I so appreciate your continued prayers too!!! :hug

LOL... I ususally do the round ripples in stripes... but once in a while... a solid needs to be made.... :hook

Yep... the orange is going to be solid too. The last one I made had a slight stripe to it.

post-18634-135897630778_thumb.jpg

Cant wait to see pics of your finished WIP's!

I have a sweater I need to get done for my mom for her birthday. Good thing I have a while to work on it... but darn.. I need to get to work so its not last minute.

post-18634-135897630771_thumb.jpg

Better today than yesterday. Let's hope it contimues on that way. I have an update thread going. It was just easier than trying to keep up with 5 or 6 different threads of people asking. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=125480&page=3

I've putzed a little with the hook but i'm more in lay here and watch movies mode. Speaking of- DD is getting tired of waiting on me.

ya know kook - that purple doily you made me for the swap would make a pretty little baby blanket.

Archived