5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oooohhhhh Tam- soooooo pretty! It looks like sherbet!

hehehe... thanks sweetie! It doesnt look kinda yummy... huh?!? :D

LOL I was thinking the same thing!! I love it already...can't wait to see it grow!! Are you using any other colors??

Thanks hon! Nope... just white.. pink... and yellow. I really like the pattern... and how this is workinig out so far. I'm definately going to make more of these!

:heart

:mug

Amy that turned out really pretty!! How did the auction go...wasn't it this weekend??

How much did it bring...i'm just curious!!

I'm curious too... husband and I weren't able to make it to the benefit itself, i met the organizer Saturday morning with the finished piece. The benefit was yesterday evening. I don't know how the blanket did or if there's really any way TO know. It was a Chinese auction, which broke my heart just a little. But here's hoping 100 tickets were put in the cup to get the blanket!!

And Tam! Tam, right? It's so hard after you get into this reply box to remember the names!! It is for me anyway...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

If you use the 'go advanced' button at the bottom of the reply box, you can then see all the other posters replies below the text box, so then you can read back to make sure you are responding to the correct name. :) (although, you dont' see their signatures, just the name they post by)

I'm curious too... husband and I weren't able to make it to the benefit itself, i met the organizer Saturday morning with the finished piece. The benefit was yesterday evening. I don't know how the blanket did or if there's really any way TO know. It was a Chinese auction, which broke my heart just a little. But here's hoping 100 tickets were put in the cup to get the blanket!!

And Tam! Tam, right? It's so hard after you get into this reply box to remember the names!! It is for me anyway...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

yep............ thats me... :D

thanks for the compliment!!!!!!!!! :hug

Tam after seeing your progress I have sudden hankering for ice-cream :lol it looks YUMMY!

Amy what is a "Chinese" auction and why is it heartbreaking?

(foreigner here *lol* we probably call it something entirely different!)

edit because I forgot to mention I managed to get 6" done whilst waiting for Matt at the hospital.

A Chinese Auction is where people buy ticket and put them in the bucket next to the items they want. Later on it's a big deal when the pull a ticket out of the bucket to see who won and get's to take the item home.

Basically, it's a cute name for a raffle.

Tam after seeing your progress I have sudden hankering for ice-cream :lol it looks YUMMY!

Amy what is a "Chinese" auction and why is it heartbreaking?

(foreigner here *lol* we probably call it something entirely different!)

edit because I forgot to mention I managed to get 6" done whilst waiting for Matt at the hospital.

RoseRed's answer is exactly spot on and the reason it's heartbreaking is because someone who doesn't love the afghan could just throw in a ticket on a whim... just one... that costs like 50 cents or a dollar... and win. And get my afghan. I can only hope that a lot of people liked it or even just a couple people liked it a lot and put in a lot of tickets each for it thereby representing a lot of money even if the winner of it only put in 1 ticket.

I have been lurking in this thread for a while now, trying to be good, I have 2 blankets in progress but after seeing all the lovely pics here, I am fighting the very strong urge to start yet another one. So for now, I think I am going to add another boring granny square to my current wip. Your pics can be motivation to finish.......maybe :devil

I have been lurking in this thread for a while now, trying to be good, I have 2 blankets in progress but after seeing all the lovely pics here, I am fighting the very strong urge to start yet another one. So for now, I think I am going to add another boring granny square to my current wip. Your pics can be motivation to finish.......maybe :devil

:yes lots of motivation here!! And this is such a great pattern to work with.

what are you currently working on with your granny squares??

Tam! That is a great start! I agree with Michele - looks like sherbet!:yes

Valerie - I am doing some wips myself and resisting the urge to start another one of RoseRed's ghans ;)

Amy - the response judging by how many tickets went in for the ghan seems very good - hopefully the person who gets it will appreciate the workmanship you put into it and likes it! Someone will be very fortunate and lucky to win it!:yay

:yes lots of motivation here!! And this is such a great pattern to work with.

what are you currently working on with your granny squares??

I am making a comfortghan for the mother of my daughter's ex-boyfriend....

The boyfriend was killed in a car accident and my daughter thought she would like an afghan made in his favorite color.(purple) I am using homespun wild berries and grape...it's close to being done I just don't like joining pieces together and weaving in ends. But seeing these projects here have given me a push, I am going to do one, but I am going to finish my wips first.

I suck at finishing wips when something catches my eye. That's way more willpower than I have at the moment.

well I said I am trying, not all together successful because the ghan is not finished ...:blush

woo hoo............... :yay

I'm done........ my 5-10 round ripple baby blanket is DONE!

My picure isnt the best for some reason. If you click it and look at the larger view... its a bit better.

post-18634-135897634295_thumb.jpg

I love it and cant wait to make another one.

Not sure what colors though.

Thank you Rose for a beautiful pattern.

WOW! girl - you're fast! How big is it? Did you make a regular show and tell post? So many people miss out on such gorgeous ghans cuz they only post it in the cals. It really does look like sherbet!

I've been reading the posts, but I am not ready to begin mine. I have one more blanket to finish and then I can start a new project and this will be the one I start with. I used the colors I was going to used for this for an emergency baby blanket I had to make, so I have to find new colors in my stash. All of the pictures are so pretty, makes me exicted to get started.

That is LOVELY Tam :manyheart

Thanks sweetie!!!! :hug

WOW! girl - you're fast! How big is it? Did you make a regular show and tell post? So many people miss out on such gorgeous ghans cuz they only post it in the cals. It really does look like sherbet!

Its 34" across. No I sure didnt post it in show & tell... I will though... :D

I finally took a pic of my spidey style wip.

[ATTACH]35835[/ATTACH]

OMGosh... I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been reading the posts, but I am not ready to begin mine. I have one more blanket to finish and then I can start a new project and this will be the one I start with. I used the colors I was going to used for this for an emergency baby blanket I had to make, so I have to find new colors in my stash. All of the pictures are so pretty, makes me exicted to get started.

Beware............. You'll be :hook HOOKED once you start! :D

I finally took a pic of my spidey style wip.

[ATTACH]35835[/ATTACH]

Looking good!! :D

I have yet another baby boy blanket added to the end of the list *lol* My oldest sons best friends are having a boy in July.

I've made no progress on my current one and then have two girly ones to make before Carl & Jade get one for their baby

Archived