5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kookie, awesome :cheer job on the finished ghan!! Love the border...is that the puff border that Shuttlebuggy used??

Amy, nice start on your 2nd one...i like those colors together. I thought about using cranberry or a rose color in mine, but didn't have enough on hand, so chose to use the dark tan.

I started Kylee's blanket but chose to use RoseRed's 12-pt RR pattern.

Here's the progress so far. I know they are bright, but i really like the colors together.

post-17735-135897622208_thumb.jpg

Morning ladies,

What a day yesterday was. A whole lot of hurry up and wait.

Shell - I think she has the same strain. She was so hot (didn't have a fever yet) that she was a laying on the tile floor in shorts and a sports bra trying to cool off. I think it's weird that they're calling it a 'flu' but giving anti-biotics. Hey - whatever works so that she gets better.

I just put on a pot of my Grandmother's chicken soup. She asked for it so she got it. My Grandmother used to call it Jewish penicillin. She'd make it when any of us got sick. I'd make Garlic soup but DD won't eat it.

Amy - so cool that you'll be staying with us.

Tam - I hope they can get hubby fixed up quick. Thanks hon!!! Me too!!!

kook - how big is it now?

crissie - did you decide on your colors yet?

:lol Funny you should ask...i came here this morning to show off my progress...

:clap :clap :clap

Its at 34" point to point.

I have the rest of the color pattern worked out in my head, but i'm gonna put it here so i don't lose it :rofl

medium green, 3-5 rows

dark green, 5-7 rows

tan, 3-5 rows

light green, 5-7 rows

linen, 2 rows

And then i think it will be big enough to border, probably in the dark green. OMGoodness........thats cool!!!

I'm so glad i frogged it back and started the colors over. :yay

Geez RoseRed, so sorry DD is sick. Hope the antibiotics keep the worst of it away.

Yummmm homemade soup. I think I'm making some today! I baked a chicken last night, but just not in the mood for blah baked chicken....want something different....so i think it will become soup. MIght use some of it to make a small bowl of chicken salad.

Tam, prayers for your hubby. Hope they can get the infection cleared up quickly. Thanks darlin' ... I appreciate your prayers!!!

Amy, could you use the one you have almost finished for the auction and start another one for the wedding gift?

Shell, hope you are feeling better today.

Okeydokey folks here is the almost finished piece :D

43" peak to peak and when I decide upon an edging it will be in the same pale blue as the centre star. WOW!!! Very Cool!!!

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get enough daylight for a decent representation of the colours when its all finished,edged and those darned ends darned in!

Crissie I like the new improved version ;) pretty!

Sorry that Ambi has the flu, poor kid I know exactly how she must be feeling as I've only just got over it myself. I'm sure G'ma's chicken soup will help :hug

I think I officially have it. Feeling like crap over here. Catch yo uguys on the flip side. Oh hon....... Feel better soon!!!!

Starburst started for silent auction benefit. WOW... Very Nice!!!

Amy, great start on #2 :)

Here are my last two pics of this one, until the baby is here and I get a pic of it in use ;) Oh hey........ thats really Pretty!!!

The pic of the edging shows the best representation of the colours used. I'm no photographer and use my phone as a camera.

:heart

:mug

Hi Tam. How's hubby doing??

Hubby's hangin' tough! They believe him to have a slight case of pneumonia. So he's on lots of antibiotics! He'll be in the hospital until they get this all settled. He still has one round of chemo left ... his blood work levels need to be right before that can happen.

Thanks so much for asking about him.

:heart

:mug

They believe him to have a slight case of pneumonia.

At least now they know what they're up against and are looking after him. The "unknown" is far scarier than the known :hug

back to blankets - has anyone come across a "magic ball" round ripple that they can recall?

I'm sure someone has used the RR pattern in this way and I want to see pretty pictures :lol

I wish there was a way to just view images in a thread rather than have to go through every page to look at the pretties ;)

back to blankets - has anyone come across a "magic ball" round ripple that they can recall?

I'm sure someone has used the RR pattern in this way and I want to see pretty pictures :lol

I wish there was a way to just view images in a thread rather than have to go through every page to look at the pretties ;)

I agree with being able to see the images like that, maybe as slideshow or something. :D

Magic Ball??

What I'd call a scrap ball seems to be referred to as a magic ball over here on the Ville. All those little oddments that aren't big enough to make anything ties together and wound into a ball that produces some very interesting colour changes :D

I was wondering if the mishmash of colours would detract from the over all design of a RR or whether it would be fun & funky. Funky in a GOOD way :lol

ah ok! I did see a RR made with a magic ball/scrap ball. Let me see if I can remember where I saw it. was not on the 'ville.

Kook - DebiY has done several of them...they are on her blog and I have one started too...you'll find the chatter about it under the "lets do a round ripple together" CAL...last few pages posted.

Here's her blog link: http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/

The heading pic is ones she's done...really really cool looking!

Hi All!

Just got back from a weekend away -

Great job on the ghans girls!

Love the colors on your ghan Kook!

Yes - you are right I did use a puffy one - by JunieMarie here on the 'Ville -

Puff Stitch Border

You do one row with one color - the 2nd in another and the third row actually differentiates the puffs and makes them stand out while at the same time borders them.

I like yours as it reminds me of a popcorn stitch type border! :)

Crissie I love the colors of your 12 pt one - it will be really nice!

;)

Amy - ghan #2 is really coming along nicely!

It really is a slow starting Monday - coffee is first priority - I am on my third cup! :morcoffee

My PT girl had to cancel as her daughter is sick and home from school.

Have to go in search of another roof rake today for dh - he is going to try and extend the 21 ft one we already have...

Hope this next one is a fast mover - we literally have no place for any more snow around here...

As if I need another WiP I spent my time last night planning/plotting a blanket for my hubby for our wedding anniversary.

My plan is for a double stranded, blended sunburst :D two strands of red to start, then one red one orange, then two orange, then one orange one yellow and ending with two yellow :manyheart and I want to do it in secret whilst he's at work so it comes as a surprise ;) He loves the blue stripey one I made so I know he'd be over the moon with one in his colours :sun:sun:sun

kook - it sounds awesome! Can't wait to see how it turns out. What color will you do the points in?

I started the red/blue spidey one last night. Just got the center star done before I was too sleepy to crochet straight.

The sneezing has started. I haven't beaten this cold/flu yet.

Good morning. Just checking in to see whats happening.

Kook, those colors sound awesome together...he will love it!!

I am sooooo hoping i don't get this bug thats going around...a girl at work came in yesterday and left early cuz she was sick, darned if she didn't come back in today (looking like walking death) WITH A FEVER no less...and is still here. If I get this mess from her...i'm gonna sabotoge her desk!

Heading off for an early bedtime - bushed and ready for sleep...

Crissie - just got a look at your green shaded ghan and it's coming out nice!

Are you still going to do the one that you were getting the vari skeins for?

That one was so pretty too! ;)

Amy - I really like the color scheme for your next starburst! Did you finish your other multipointed one?

Hope all are staying warm and safe tonight - we're in for ice into tomorrow morning - just want the power to stay on that's all.:(

After a busy day and 2 hours in the car I'm 2 rows past the points in the spidy ghan. I really hope I'll have time to destress, clear my mind and crochet today.

I'm taking 2 classes right now and I'm actually dreaming about this stuff.

Archived