5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

:wavingHi Segi, what colours are you thinking of a-gatherin' ?

My eye was caught by come "Redheart kids" I spotted in a box in my stash corner this morning, the brightest of yellow and the hottest of pink with the juiciest of orange too - tempting, oh so very tempting when I'm craving daylight and sunshine in these dark winter months!

but I have to finish this blue one first :D

Is it kook that finished her ghan?? If so... it is GORGEOUS!! I mean, it's gorgeous if it's someone's other than Kook's, too. But yeah. Lovely. :)

The gorgeous finished on is Shuttlebuggys not mine :)

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had Bear Dog for 4 years now. I got him when he was just 3 mths old. He has finally settled down from his puppy years, and is very spoiled. Here he is in his favorite spot.

Kookie, i have to agree about the bright colors. In fact, i've actually given thought about frogging the WIP for Kylee's lapghan and re-doing it in this pattern. The colors i have in that so far are magenta pink, bright blue, and lime. I have lemon yellow, and bright purple i can add to it.

I haven't finished the first one...its still on hold waiting for more yarn to arrive. But i did start the 2nd one in addition to the other wip's i got going on. DH is determined i never finish anything. :lol

Segi, pick some colors and jump right in!! :yes

post-17735-135897621291_thumb.jpg

I've had Bear Dog for 4 years now. I got him when he was just 3 mths old. He has finally settled down from his puppy years, and is very spoiled. Here he is in his favorite spot.

Awww! Same color as Daisy was. So so precious. :)

He really does look like a little polar bear!!! So cute and comfy. awwwwww

Segi - it's gonna be great to have you hang! what colors are you thinking about?

I'm seriously considering finishing off the red/white/blue one for my dad. He loves Americana. I really wanted to do red/white/black (budweiser colors - he worked there till he retired) but the blue is close and he already loves the beginning of it.

It's been a few intellectually busy few days and I'm so ready to just plop. Hubby's working this weekend so 1 more day till I don't have to take DD to school. I wanna sleep late. We really need a whining smilie - anybody got the cheese and crackers? It's 5 o'clock somewhere lolol

I'm in a weird silly mood which is better than cranky I guess. I want to be my dog for a day. Just plop and sleep and purr while I rub me back on the floor, snuggle in and get belly rubs and a never ending bowl of really yummy food. Sounds good to me.

How far into Kylee's lapghan are you? If its not past the halfway mark I'd be tempted too :lol

I got all the ends darned in last night ready to carry on crocheting today, its almost 3pm and I've added nothing,actually I've done nothing its been a total waste of a day!

I think I will make wider stripes in my next one so I have less ends :lol

Segi, i don't think you'll get frustrated, and if you do by chance, we're all here to get you through it!! RoseRed writes awesome patterns, and they are easy to follow. I have one of these that's half way done, just waiting on more yarn, and I've started a 2nd one, and contemplating frogging a wip and starting it over in this pattern.

What colors are in your elf gift?? i really like the ILTY...its so soft. Thats what i'm using for most of the yarn in the green/cream/tan one i'm working on now.

Kookie, its not very far....:devil and i think that might be what i do :yes

I'm really not happy with the way its laying. I've frogged it once, thinking i miscounted stitches, but i was right on it, and its doing it still...which is pretty much why its still in the basket. And the colors i have in it are rhss, so, easy to pick up more at walmart.

Segi - I'm right here is you ever need pattern support. Don't worry about getting frustrated. I marked this as an intermediate pattern but we have 2 here in the CAL that have never done a round ripple before and they nailed it dead on. I'm really impressed with them.

kook - now you see why I do big chunks of color in mine- I hate ends.

shuttlebuggy - you crochet so fast! you amaze me.

crissie - I do'nt know how you guys work with such bright, bright colors. Not quite me. I'm not adverse to color - I mean, my living room is lilac lolol. Hubby calls it the easter egg house.

I'm so ready for a change but that means I'd have to crochet all new blankies and make new curtains and throw pillows and whatnot.

right now the spare bedroom is a disaster. It's part office, part yarn storage, part sleeper couch (good thing we don't get many over night guests) and assorted furniture we have no where else to put at the moment. If we ever have a real spare bedroom with a bed and furniture I'll do that in the purples so I can redo my living room.. I mean - I love the colors - Im just getting tired of them.

kook - I don't think I've ever told you but that purple fleece blanket with the trim lives right behind my spot on the couch and the purple doily is in the center of my new coffee table with the glass insert. I LOVE swaps and you do such amazing work! I can't thank you enough.

Amy - how big are you making the ghan for the wedding present?

Tam - where'd you go?

:whew............ so sorry I took off missing!

Its been so busy around here...... hubby and doctor appointements.. boys in school... wrestling practice... show choir practice... band... etc!!!

I think I have my yarn picked out.

I have three other regular 12 point round ripples going right now... one for a new baby at one of my hubby's client sites. That one will be done today... one for a little boy with Leukemia...... half done on that one.... and just started another one for a lady that was just recently diagnosed with Leukemia up at the hospital that hubby goes to. BUT...... I want to start this one and make it for a lady that is having a baby soon... :hook

okay... off to get some more crocheting done... then to get 2 of my three boys from school..... the older one has wrestling practice.... then back to pic him up and drop off the other two for wrestling practice. :faint. I'm pooped already.... LOL

thanks for asking about me ladies.... :hug feels good to be thought of!

:heart

:mug

:frog:frog:frog It can be quite satisfying when you're not 100% sold on a project :lol

and this pattern seems to grow quickly so you soon catch up with yourself again ;)

Yeah, I think thats what i'm gonna do tonight. Been a brain-frying day and i need something mindless so i can sleep. I'll just frog it and maybe get the star done. :hook

I must have caught a frog when I was here earlier, I collected up a few PIGs and went a-froggin' :lol

and that sentence would baffle folks ordinarily :think;)

:think whats a PIG??

crissie - I do'nt know how you guys work with such bright, bright colors. Not quite me. I'm not adverse to color - I mean, my living room is lilac lolol. Hubby calls it the easter egg house.

I love bright colors....i think i got lost in the 60's and 70's. It keeps things lively!!

As far as decorating, i go for more of a country-rugged look. But for things like purses and such i really like the brighter, funkier colors - they have more personality. :lol

awwww - that's just cuz we luv ya!

I'm just glad to know that you've just been busy and that nothing's been wrong.

I heard back from my friend about 3 minutes ago. It's a go for the spidey starburst. I have a feeling that this is going to look AWESOME!

PIGS are "projects in grocery sacks" :lol

YAY for the Spideyghan Michele, we KNOW it will be awesome your blankies always are :D

Tam I thought you had such a big stash that you'd got lost in it :lol good of those boys of yours to keep you so busy ;)

Whew Tam, I need a nap just reading all the stuff you've been busy doing!! Ahhh I remember the days of wrestling practice, field hockey practice, football practice, soccer practice, ballet lessons, MYF meetings, and just general running around with the kids. So glad they are all grown now. :yes

So....what colors do you plan on using for this baby ghan??

I have a couple PIGS too then!! :devil They are my orphaned WIPs that are hidden cuz i dont' have time right now, got bored and don't want to frog yet, or was making just for the fun of it. :hook

I stumbled on a baby ghan PIGS the other day when I was looking for yarn to do this starburst ripple...its in baby yarn and in white, lime, bright blue, bright purple, and a varigated with the blue, lime, & purple. I think i started it with a baby in mind, but the baby is now a toddler, and moved away...so no babies in mind to finish it for. If I had been smart, i would've finished it for Kylee's blanket...she would've loved it in those colors too and its half done.

The ILTY is the Retro/modern ombre, it has light blue, dark brown, tan and antique white. I will look at the pictures of them on this post and decide where the colors would go. I do want to finish the afghan that has been sitting around, so I will be starting on this one real soon.

Amy - how far are you into it so far? Still planning on adding a 3rd set of points?

I'm off to bed - just wanted to pop in and say goodnight!

Heck no! I don't know that I'll ever do this pattern again and add another set of points other than the first set. 20 points? Kind of a lot. I have about 34 inches done.

Just wanted to pop in and say hi this morning!

I got to row 13 last night, want to finish this row and 1 more, and then i'll take a pic to share. I really am glad i frogged it back to the added points - i like the way the colors are so much better.

:manyheart

Heck no! I don't know that I'll ever do this pattern again and add another set of points other than the first set. 20 points? Kind of a lot. I have about 34 inches done.

I would imagine the extra points you added were a bit of a challenge since they weren't written in the pattern. Is that why you were having some issue with it ruffling, b/c of the extra points? I'm at 38" on my first RR with this pattern, and I've had no problems with it ruffling....it lays flat without having to smooth it down.

And then there's all those weaving/darning in the ends. :( i don't like weaving in the ends... :blush

You and me both with the ends! I wish I could train my cats to do them :lol

I'm hoping to get past the 2 row stripes and on to the 1 row stripes today, sheeesh even more ends :eek but when you're using stash oddments you have to devise the best way of using it all up and still keep it looking nice.

I need an EndWeaver9000 too.

Amy - I'm actually working on a 20 point round ripple pattern right now. When you make the round ripple really big there's an awful lot of space between them. That's why a lot of people add points to begin with. - to fill in those openings.

It's been a really difficult pattern to figure out but I'm in the testing phase and all is going well.

Any ripple goes along so fast till you get to the ends rounds. They just seem to take forever.

DD's home today. She was soooooo tired and she just doesn't look right. I really hope she's not getting sick. She has a bday party to go to tomorrow so it's off to wallyworld to pick up a gift later. Ambi always give lavalamps! the kids just LOVE them.

Archived