5-10 pt. Starburst Round Ripple CAL

LadiBug329

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're having the pork that we didn't get around to having last night for tonights dinner with roast potatoes and roast parsnips & roast onions :DMatt is having lamb too but I'm not that much of a carnivore that I need two different meats with my meal :lol

Yeah, Kook...looking good. I just popped in to see how Amy was doing with her frogging...

I did sit down to crochet some, and then took a nap. :lol

Now i gotta get a shower and dressed to leave by 4 to go get the girls for the weekend.

Dinner is: homemade chicken nuggets and french fries. I am craving chinese.

Kook - YES! :cheer the pic looks completely right!

And you'll do fine once you get around the points - it really isn't hard it's just knowing about the posts and st tops and counting right.

I don't know if I was more help to RoseRed or pest at that row- but it does read pretty straightforward on the tut pics and pattern.

I just got a call from my friend Julie inviting us to dinner! Nice surprise - no cooking tonight:clap I am bringing some orange creamsicle sherbet for dessert.:P

Amy - how's the frogging coming along? I just wrote a blog post on the 'joys' of it. ugh.

I wanted to ask - how are the offset points looking?

I'm at work. I work full time, so I won't be frogging and then reworking until tonight since I read at lunch. I'm excited to get home and get to it, though.

It's hard to tell about the offset points with the piece rippling so much. Right now though it looks as though the outer edge of the piece may be evening out as far as point length.

As fast as you crochet - you're going to fly thru this.

So - since I forgot to take something out of the freezer we're doing shrimp and chinese veggies tonight.

how about you guys?

Probably pizza tonight for us. Kind of a Friday thing we've gotten into. It's just me and my husband. No kids, yet. So odds are that's what on the menu... at the pizza place! :D

Well I got distracted by my brother dropping off some books I've been waiting to read so didn't get as far as I would have liked. I'm up to approx 15" peak to valley now and I'm changing the stripes from two rows to three rows from here on in.

It's quiet here today, I guess everybody is busy doing weekend fun things like grocery shopping and catching up on the laundry ;)

post-14036-135897619205_thumb.jpg

Kook that is soo pretty - I hoping to post a pic tonight - I had to redo some rows cuz I didn't like the neutral I inserted - I know now I only want colored yarn - no neutrals in this one.

Your center is blue right? It looks whitish here - but I thought I remembered blue.

I love those colors!

Okay well off to :crocheting and then make dinner. Homemade chicken potpie and veggies tonight.:P

After frogging out 3 rows and following what RoseRed said to do and redoing 4 and a half rows my rippling seems to be at a minimum. So so glad!!

Here's where I am now. It's measuring 25 inches across.

post-36556-135897619252_thumb.jpg

Oh, Amy - how awesome! It's coming out GREAT!!!!! You should be so proud of your self.

I see what you mean about he point height not really showing much. It's such a forgiving pattern.

If it seems to be rippling just do an extra row of Vst in the peaks to even it out.

Oh, Amy - how awesome! It's coming out GREAT!!!!! You should be so proud of your self.

I see what you mean about he point height not really showing much. It's such a forgiving pattern.

If it seems to be rippling just do an extra row of Vst in the peaks to even it out.

Thanks, RoseRed, I have been doing just that, actually. It seems to work best to do two V rows and one shell row instead of every other.

I'm loving how it's turning out.

Watched some Dr Quinn with hubby tonight - and then had to make a coffee cake - as we are going to a baptism with a little party in the church hall afterwards. My friend Sherri - who wasn't able to have kids has had a beautiful baby girl later in life with her new husband - and they couldn't be more thrilled over having Baby Linnea and beginning their little family :manyheart

Anyways I did get a chance to do a blue colorway and am measuring 24 in across - it's coming out fine and I am happy I ripped out the neutral cream/offwhite row - like it much better just in color.

So one more row in blue and then it's sage - vari green - sage time;)

post-10396-135897619604_thumb.jpg

kookie - it's rippling on you because you didn't do the dcdec on either side of the points in the next round. I hate to suggest frogging but that'll fix it.

:eekThat's what happens when I crochet with brainfog :(

ah well, a little frogging never did me any harm before ;)

Mary & Amy those are coming a long great!!

It is blue in the middle of mine Mary, just bad lighting for pics last night.

Round 9, hun.

And anywhere else it seems to be ruffling. You don't have to stick to the (shell, shell, Vst) in the peaks either. If you have ruffles then do a few extra Vsts.

Amy - I think you nailed it on the 20+ points.

This will be my first complete round ripple, too. When I read on RoseRed's pattern that knowledge or round ripple was useful, I started one and got it to about 8 inches across. Figured that was good enough and dove into this pattern. Eventually I want to finish the test RR, too. It's kinda pretty. I've never successfully done the ripple thing before either round or straight. I've tried, but could never get it.

:D I did warn you all that you'd have to hold my hand and walk me through it ;) that's why I like a CAL.

I frogged more than I needed, I'm redoing my added points in the same blue as the centre star. Hopefully second time around they'll come out a bit neater :blush

Amy I did a flat ripple (double bed size) in the same blue yarn I'm using for this, it took me forever because I got so sick of it *lol* but my sister loved it so it was worth the work.

Well then - whoohoo!!!!! for Amy too! I didn't realize this was your first too. Good for you.

I'll tell you guys the truth - I couldn't wrap my brain around a straight ripple to save my life. I finally got it when I did my first 8 point round ripple. I did make a straight ripple but I didn't enjoy the making of it at all.

I give you guys A LOT of credit - to take on an intermediate pattern without previous knowledge of working a round ripple you guys are doing GREAT!

I'm just hooked on the round ones. i just want to finish this ghan I'm working on now so I can get back to working on a round one.

Archived