Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall 2005

NexStitch

WOW! Very nice!

Thanks so much. It's a very easy and quick pattern. I'm thinking about the felted bag. I already have the yarn from an abandoned project.

You got a nice write up in the magazine.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I was pleased to have the write-up. The hits on my site are up and that's always a bonus. I just wished I could have finished some other site stuff before all this moving junk. I wanted it to be more impressive. Oh well. I've got another biggie coming in a few months, so I'll shoot for then.

The links to this site and Crochetme were worth the cost of the magazine. Hat #27 is already a finished object,using up two odd balls of stash yarn. I especially liked the projects that combine knit and crochet.

In spite of the rave reviews I just can't justify paying nearly ten dollars for a magazine (with shipping bc there is no way the base stores will carry it) so I'll just have to drool over everyone else's projects *g*

Edit to add....

I found it! I went to get school supplies today and the lady had just put it on the shelf! Woohooooooooooooo! I went through it twice on the bus ride home lol. My son thought I was crazy when I found the ads for C'ville and CrochetMe and made him look lol. (I got one of those "So what?" looks rofl)

Do they provide schemes for every pattern?

I'm not at ease with instruction... even when they're in French...

Unfortunately, most American magazines and books don't uses symbols and charts to show the patterns. I prefer the charts, too, but most don't, it seems. This magazine isn't any different. Sorry!

In spite of the rave reviews I just can't justify paying nearly ten dollars for a magazine (with shipping bc there is no way the base stores will carry it) so I'll just have to drool over everyone else's projects *g*

Just an FYI..

If you have a Joann Fabric store nearby and you are on their mailing list, they will let you use the 40% off coupon on the magazine. Every little bit helps!

Unfortunately, most American magazines and books don't uses symbols and charts to show the patterns. I prefer the charts, too, but most don't, it seems. This magazine isn't any different. Sorry!
I didn't have much hope about it either... Thank you for the tip. I'll wait to be more familiar with instructions in English before I make more purchases...

I got my yarn delivery today so I can start my poncho (the last item in the magazine)! I'm so very excited, especially since I was despairing of getting my order so I could work on it over the long weekend!

I can't wait to get started on it!

(Isn't it so nice to have a magazine to get so excited about? I just wish it weren't a once-a-year thing!)

I got mine, I bought it at the Walmart (on rodgers) in Ft. Smith. Unfortunally it was the last copy. It was stuffed in behind Crochet World (which I also bought...bad me:devil) and some knitting magazine (I didn't pay THAT much attention to it :rofl ) I searched behind EVERY magazine in the crafty titles until I found it :D Now I've got to make hubby the "striped" mans hat (I cannot remember the name of it) cept he wants it in "choclate" and "off white" and "not so many stripes" and "a scarf like that too, but in choclate and off white" The other stuff I want to make will have to wait until after Christmas gifts cause I've got more wip's than I've got time :eek:(:blush

Now I'm off to go finish drooling over my new magazines :hook:hook:hook

Sherry

I got my yarn delivery today so I can start my poncho (the last item in the magazine)! I'm so very excited, especially since I was despairing of getting my order so I could work on it over the long weekend!

I can't wait to get started on it!

(Isn't it so nice to have a magazine to get so excited about? I just wish it weren't a once-a-year thing!)

It's a twice a year thing! The next one comes out in April 2006. What a long time to wait.

I checked out Hobby Lobby last night. Nope not there either-very frustrating! I did email Family Circle. I will let you know what they say! BTW I am in the Piedmont Triad area of NC. Anyone else from NC?

At AC Moore and Michaels they also had a ton of scrapbooking mags! Borders was the same way! And you know-I do not know a single person that scrapbooks!

I live in Tobaccoville, just north of Winston-Salem. I found mine at Wal-mart.

I wasn't going to buy it until I saw the patterns for felting. Exactly what I needed, when I needed it:clap -that's what I'm planning for Christmas gifts.

I finally scored my copy Saturday! :yay Saw several projects I want to do in it, even started one - the shrug! :hook The pattern called for Paton's Pooch but since I had a lot of Lion Boucle lying around, decided to use that instead. So far so good! :hook:hook

Forgot to mention - I got it at JoAnns.

I got mine at ac moore and LOVE it. I plan on making quite a few items from this. This magazine is definitly worth the wait.

I found the magazine at my local grocery store last week. They also had the Interweve Knits Crochet magazine, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $8 for a magazine! For that price, I'll buy a book instead.

The FC magazine had some nice patterns - my only complaint is that MANY of the clothing items only had instructions for one size!!!! I can't believe they couldn't go through the trouble of showing at least S-M-L for each pattern - that's just lazy! Otherwise I was mostly happy with the mag.

Lisa

I bought my copy at CVS!(a few weeks ago) They had about 7 of them. They very rarely have any crochet mags so I was pleased. Although, I have to say. i didn't find anything in there I wanted to make. I guess I'm too....ummmm.... boring traditional. Oh well. It's great to see C'ville and Crochet Me and NexStitch mentioned. Also Brains Barn....I love to drool over browse his hooks but cant' afford them.

Congrats to all who were published.

I bought a copy of this magazine at our local Michael's today. I have been checking there and at Joann's for the past 3 weeks and they finally got it in today. I had a coupon so I only paid 2.81 for it!

Wendyb532

My problem is deciding what pattern to do first!

Haven't been this excited about a magazine in a long time. I also wrote to the publisher and editor who contacted us to let them know about it and to "keep it up".... :hook

AND Thank you Princsstrish for the compliment on hubby's hooks. :hug

Yeah! My local drugstore had a few copies today. It helps when the owner is a knitter/crocheter. There are several cute patterns in it, now to find the time to make a few. And the yarn that is used for most projects is easy to find.

I finally found this magazine yesterday...at Publix (a grocery store). :clap:yay Don't that beat all? Nowhere to be seen at craft stores or book stores.

And the icing on the cake was that I only semi-embarrassed my 14 year-old daughter by actually squealing with delight when I saw the magazine on the rack.

Archived