Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall 2005

NexStitch

What exactly did it say? Can you paraphrase it? (I can't find any of the right magazines around here!)

Here's what is had to say about our Cville:

Net Working

Looking to connect with crafters who understand your crochet obsessions, no questions asked? You'll find a community of your own kind at Crochetville, a forum site with more than 1,000 members from around the world. Find pattern ideas, share your own designs, get help, discuss your favorite yarn stores, swap yarns or de-stash, and get up-to-the-minute news about sales and events. Sign up (it's free!) at crochetville.org

There ya have it:) :yay

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another FC Crochet "published" Cville'r checking in ...:c9

How exciting is it to see yourself in print!? ... to "know" one another and be affiliated together in a first issue!? That's a collectible and being in really great company!:cheer:clap

Congrats to all of you! and Crochetville too!:hook

(Ok...it's all hubby's work but I DO crochet and I live here too!):D

So your husband's hooks were in it?

I can't believe this, it sounds like a wonderful mag! I've heard glowing reviews about the patterns, and to have Nexstitch, Stitch Diva, Crochet Me AND us mentioned is SOOOOOO COOL!!!

Yes...hubby's hooks are in it :c9

I had been in touch with Amie of NexStitch earlier this year ...we met online...and our sites link together (as does your CrochetPatternCentral and ours, Rachael :hook ).

Told Amie I was contacted by a FC editor and she said she was too! So off we went!

It IS exciting to recognize the other names one sees on the boards...:D

Thank you too, Xantha!:)

Yes, I'm connected. :)

I link to Crochet Me's patterns, Stitch Diva advertises on my sites (and we exchange links...love her stuff!!), I'm exchanging links with Brain'sBarn, Nexstitch... (I love the hooks and Aimie's shawl patterns!)...and of course I'm addicted to C'ville (not necessarily a bad thing, right?)

You won't find me in a magazine..I can't really design to speak of and magazines that technically sell patterns hate do not advertise free crochet pattern sites (that I know of)...but I'm thrilled as it is. :D

Yes, I'm connected. :)

You won't find me in a magazine..I can't really design to speak of and magazines that technically sell patterns hate do not advertise free crochet pattern sites (that I know of)...but I'm thrilled as it is. :D

BUT just think, all who get the magazine and see Crochetville in it and join will be connecting to your site :D your site is going to be hopping alot more now.. How exciting is that.. All of us on here who have a site with patterns etc will now be getting more traffic than what we were getting before because of the new magazine.

You have a terrific site Rachael!

I use it all the time...exclusively... when looking for a needed pattern. It's all I need for searching...:hook

Same here...I walk around with a crochet hook in hand but I'm not a designer. I get the CrochetMe newsletter; have bought the Celebrity Shawl pattern and Scarf patterns from StitchDiva; converse with NexStitch...but I won't be in a magazine anytime soon (or later!)

If it wasn't for Product Reviews hubby's hooks wouldn't be in a pattern mag either.

BUT just think, all who get the magazine and see Crochetville in it and join will be connecting to your site :D your site is going to be hopping alot more now.. How exciting is that.. All of us on here who have a site with patterns etc will now be getting more traffic than what we were getting before because of the new magazine.

Exactly what my mom said...I was telling her about it. Benefitting indirectly...no problem there! (CPC had a very good day yesterday and KPC had a record-breaking one!)

You have a terrific site Rachael!

I use it all the time...exclusively... when looking for a needed pattern. It's all I need for searching...:hook

Thanks!! I'm always open to suggestions as to how to make it better, although I can't promise I can change just anything and everything. ;)

I subscribe to a few of the crochet magazines out there. ( I am sure most of us do:hook ) But this is the first magazine that I am actually making something from one of the patterns in it! There are 2 more that I am going to make when I am done with this one. The felted patterns are worth the price alone!! :yay Does anyone know how many times a year this is going to be put out?

Does anyone know how many times a year this is going to be put out?

It says on pg 4 in the blue box, to look for the Spring/Summer 2006 issue, so it looks like a bi annual mag. Too bad for us!

Exactly what my mom said...I was telling her about it. Benefitting indirectly...no problem there! (CPC had a very good day yesterday and KPC had a record-breaking one!)

I had a record day yesterday too! The most amount of page loads, unique visitors, and returning visitors to date. I was excited, and there's a lot more to come!

Yay to all of us!

It says on pg 4 in the blue box, to look for the Spring/Summer 2006 issue, so it looks like a bi annual mag. Too bad for us!

But that's where WE come in. Write/email them like I suggested earlier. If they see the demand from our end for a cool mag like this in the future, they'll have more incentive to up their number of editions. It's really up to "US" in the crochet community to get them to give us more, More, MORE!

I had a record day yesterday too! The most amount of page loads, unique visitors, and returning visitors to date. I was excited, and there's a lot more to come!

Yay to all of us!

It's funny, I have one pattern listed on CPC and yesterday 44 hits on my blog were from CPC-interesting.

I hope you don't mind? Any link on my what's new page is bound to get a fair amount of traffic.

I basically look at my unique visitors to the front page daily...although plenty of people link to my directory pages. CPC had 2527 unique yesterday and KPC (which is much newer and has less links to it) had 1031 or something like that. I wanna have an ice cream celebration...it's hot enough. :D

I hope you don't mind? Any link on my what's new page is bound to get a fair amount of traffic.

I basically look at my unique visitors to the front page daily...although plenty of people link to my directory pages. CPC had 2527 unique yesterday and KPC (which is much newer and has less links to it) had 1031 or something like that. I wanna have an ice cream celebration...it's hot enough. :D

Of course I don't mind, the pattern is for sharing. I get about 300 hits per day on my blog (which still shocks me), but 44 from CPC in one day is a lot. It's not a business or anything, just interesting the way things trickle down.

Rachel, I DON'T MIND EITHER! LOL. I get lots of hits from your site and I'm never going to complain! :-) And hey, thanks in advance for the hits that haven't come in yet! Another :-) for you!

Rachel, I DON'T MIND EITHER! LOL. I get lots of hits from your site and I'm never going to complain! :-) And hey, thanks in advance for the hits that haven't come in yet! Another :-) for you!

:) I just feel a little funny linking to blogs because I know they have limited bandwith and I don't want to make them go down. :)

Talk about bandwidth...my sites are chomping it down using it like crazy, I'm sure. Oh well...que sera, sera!

I picked it up this morning at Barnes & Noble. I left the house saying I was going to the post office and I came home with a bag from B & N! :lol I love the patterns! I've got a stash of Patons Classic Merino that I'm about to dig into and make either the tote or the cell phone cozy.

I quickly pointed out to my husband the blurbs on C'ville ( :yay ), Crochet me, and NexStitch. He's definitely not interested in the patterns, but the blurbs did get a "Hmm.. pretty cool", which coming from him about crochet is rather impressive! :P

:) I just feel a little funny linking to blogs because I know they have limited bandwith and I don't want to make them go down. :)

Talk about bandwidth...my sites are chomping it down using it like crazy, I'm sure. Oh well...que sera, sera!

Rachel,

I see you're enjoying the new toy strike feature. LOL.

Archived