Family Circle Easy Crochet Fall 2005

NexStitch

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHOO HOO I found it! I went to the bookstore and found the FC Easy Crochet AND the Crochet pattern a day calendar. I'm so excited. I usually don't buy things for myself..but I bought BOTH today, lol :eek I can't wait to sit down in a quiet spot and read, read, and :drool

Donna

I finally found it! :cheer There were only two copies left at our Barnes and Noble so it must be very, very popular! I absolutely love it and have already been inspired by some of the projects.

I also got a copy of Vogue Knitting but would you believe there's a pattern in there for a crochet purse -- very, very pretty -- and it uses two coffee can lids for the handles! Who would have thought!

I tried our local Plano/Frisco Michaels and they didn't have of course...nor did they have the Knit Edition either. But they do have 14 magazines devoted to scrapbooking! UGH!!! I have nothing against scrapbookers - I just want some crochet magazines!!!!! I asked the sales clerk if they had any and she just looked at me puzzled - so I said 'never mind'. I'll try B&N and another Joanns...looked at Walmart - nothing there. I don't remember if our HL carries magazines...i'm thinking they don't.

I checked out Hobby Lobby last night. Nope not there either-very frustrating! I did email Family Circle. I will let you know what they say! BTW I am in the Piedmont Triad area of NC. Anyone else from NC?

At AC Moore and Michaels they also had a ton of scrapbooking mags! Borders was the same way! And you know-I do not know a single person that scrapbooks!

Go to your large grocery store, that is where it is, in another thread I mentioned that I went to several places, including brand named book stores, and nothing, I was so mad, then went to my market and their it was, 8 bucks. I was dissappointed in it, but that is me, and I think it was overpriced, again me. Good luck

Okay so I went searching for this mag today. Laurie (Sunshine1977, thanx btw) said she found it at a B&N she and I shop at. Well they did have it but had sold out. I had ordered some crochet mags from the earlier in the week and am waiting for those to come in. I ask could I add this mag to my list. I was told they had been ordered but they cant hold one for me for some reason. Anyway now its a wait and see and hope I show up at the right time....:(

I went out this evening, found mine at Michaels. It was the only/last one too. :whew I do wish there had been more, I'd have stocked up. I'll keep my eyes open, maybe they'll get more.

Okay so I went searching for this mag today. Laurie (Sunshine1977, thanx btw) said she found it at a B&N she and I shop at. Well they did have it but had sold out. I had ordered some crochet mags from the earlier in the week and am waiting for those to come in. I ask could I add this mag to my list. I was told they had been ordered but they cant hold one for me for some reason. Anyway now its a wait and see and hope I show up at the right time....:(

Oh rats, Cornelia!! I can't believe they already sold out!! I hope you you get there when they have their next batch come in! That is a bummer!!

Laurie:hook

I have not heard from Family Circle yet-but I finally found it. I went to the only other B&N in the area-snooty area of town-and they had about 8. Finally! I will let everyone know if they answer my email.

I have now had time to go through the mag. It is wonderful! There are several things that are not on my projects list (ever growing!)

Next i just have to get the '06 cal and interweave crochet mag!

I owe a HUGE thank you to Kusine. I haven't been able to find this mag anywhere in Columbus Ohio and she let me know where to find one. I immediately went and picked up my copy. I'm so happy! Thank you, Kusine!

For anyone in or around Columbus Ohio, the Media Play on Sawmill Road still had 2 copies left after I bought mine about an hour ago.

Ok went out hunting today here in Ontario Canada Looking for this book and of course had no luck. We have a Cahpters Book store and Indigo Book store both dont have it. I also was looking for the crochet calendar and no luck there either so I was about to do this :thair:bang ....

So instead of getting all bent out of shape about it I just bought a slew of other crochet books :D

I got Hooked on Crochet August 2005

Annies Favorite Crochet August 2005

Crochet Fantasy summer 2005

Quick and Easy Crochet Sept/Oct 2005

Crochet World August 2005

Crochet Sept. 2005

If anyone from Canada Finds the Crochet Pattern a day cal. or the Family Circle Crochet 2005 mag please let me know where you got it at. :hook

wow Layna, you got the jackpot. I got my FC Crochet at the local Michaels. I couldn't find it at Chapters...although gotta say they usually have crochet mags, and right now there are NONE...must be time for new ones. If you don't get it there check out Save On Foods, they usually have a huge selection of crochet magazines and books. Good Luck!!:manyheart

I finally got one today....sadly only one, however. I was hoping for at least two..BUT :(

I got to say I didnt see a a lot I want to make, one thing only, but there was inspiration so not a total loss for 6 bucks. :clap

I got mine today and I absolutely :manyheart it! I am so impressed - it is IMO a totally fresh crochet mag. I do love the FC knitting mags too tho. I don't even knit but they usually have a few cute crochet patterns in there.

I have to read it again and again to decide if I want to make a project but really I just love looking at all the stuff! I get so many ideas and WIMS :hook

However, judging from the sneak peek I saw of the Interweave mag coming out, I won't be getting that one. I really don't like what I saw.

wow Layna, you got the jackpot. I got my FC Crochet at the local Michaels. I couldn't find it at Chapters...although gotta say they usually have crochet mags, and right now there are NONE...must be time for new ones. If you don't get it there check out Save On Foods, they usually have a huge selection of crochet magazines and books. Good Luck!!:manyheart

Thanks Andrea Ive been to Michaels a few times also Im just thinking its not out here yet we do get things sometimes a little slower here in Canada so Im just thinking it will probably be out sometime next month...I found all those other books at Chapters I think I cleaned them out LOL...:devil

JoAnn's has this magazine too. I've seen it at the store where I live and in the store where my mother lives.

That makes TWO Crochet magazines in JoAnn's this month.:clap

Archived