12 inch Square of the Month CAL 2011

twinklesnow

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lynn, great work on all the squares - and fast! I really liked the way you did your colors for the double framed lace.

I debating whether to do the Victorian Lace square - it's more open than I usually like. I suppose I could make one, and if I don't like it then, there's always frogging practice! After all, it's very frugal to use your yarn two or three times, even if it is frustrating!

The squares are super pretty!!! i really like them, Im still having a problem with "mum's the word" so I'm going to substiute that square with a different square.

This was the easy square for Dec to do, where did you start having a problem? maybe we can help you with it:)

Now the other square for Dec was not written to well. she had written Rnd 7 wrong. once I figured that Rnd out it went good:)

now to find my Cord to my Camera as well LOL I have dec squares done.

I think Im doing a good job choosing squares that look good together!

Yes, I love having someone else choose, I then try patterns that I would not have otherwise !

Thanks to all for all your kind words :blush

I am probably going to make 3 lapghans, since the charity I "work" for prefers them. So I will need a few "extra" squares-- If anyone has a favorite 12" pattern links would be appreciated! or Twinklesnow could post a few more bonus squares------

FYI, if your "mum" won't lie flat put extra Chains in the corners and/or between the "petals". I still had to do a bit of hand blocking, but mine stayed flat once completed!

So I will need a few "extra" squares-- If anyone has a favorite 12" pattern links would be appreciated! or Twinklesnow could post a few more bonus squares------

If you go to myblueangels.blogspot.com she has quite a few patterns for 12" squares.

What size do you make your lapghans?

appx --36" x 48" so 12 12" squares is perfect

( actually I am making these 11" so I have room for border on the squares

and the 'ghan as a whole without getting too big)

appx --36" x 48" so 12 12" squares is perfect

( actually I am making these 11" so I have room for border on the squares

and the 'ghan as a whole without getting too big)

Thanks! That is the size I will use.

Previously awhile ago on another forum, someone said 30" x 36" for wheel chair lapghans. So I will do both, your measurements for regular and the smaller ones (not using squares) for wheel chairs.

The first is the victorian square, the second is the double framed lace square and the third is this one:

http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/01/winter-dream.html

I think that I have decided that I will make my neighbors each an afghan for Christmas from whatever squares I get made this year. So I will make more squares than the two shared each month :)

The first is the victorian square, the second is the double framed lace square and the third is this one:

http://dishclothdiaries.blogspot.com/2009/01/winter-dream.html

I think that I have decided that I will make my neighbors each an afghan for Christmas from whatever squares I get made this year. So I will make more squares than the two shared each month :)

Theyre all so pretty!

I made the double framed lace square yesterday, but I'm going to frog it tonight. It turned wavy on me. I'm using Caron One Pound with an I hook, that worked fine for the two December squares, but I think all the 3 sc in 2 ch made the stitches just too dense to spread easily. But I really like the pattern. I think it would be fine with a larger hook or a finer thread, like RH or I Love This Yarn.

Im just not doing well at all with these squares. When I first looked at the pattern it looked easy but now Im stuck with square 1 for Jan's squares... it looks like crud... I dont know what I did wrong, I followed the pattern exactly but it dont look right...

post-44204-135897618254_thumb.jpg

Im just not doing well at all with these squares. When I first looked at the pattern it looked easy but now Im stuck with square 1 for Jan's squares... it looks like crud... I dont know what I did wrong, I followed the pattern exactly but it dont look right...

Don't you hate it when that happens? :lol

I wish I could sit next to you and work it with you. That one worked up really easy for me.

Looks like you need to start over with the first pink round, make sure that you have 4 "straight" sides and 4 "corners"

your picture shows too many"flowers", there should only be 4 alternating with solid DC sides

there is a picture of mine( a few posts back) looking at it might help,

I'd post it again but it's on the other computer---

probably not much help,:think I'll get the pattern and try to explain with that in front of me if you think that might help---

Archived