12 inch Square of the Month CAL 2011

twinklesnow

Im just not doing well at all with these squares. When I first looked at the pattern it looked easy but now Im stuck with square 1 for Jan's squares... it looks like crud... I dont know what I did wrong, I followed the pattern exactly but it dont look right...

What is the name of this pattern? I think they are all pretty squares

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do not need to join another CAL. I do not need to join another CAL. I didn't finish last year's Ravelry SOTM CAL. I'm joining this CAL. :bang

:lol I hear yah...and I'm afraid I may join in too.. at least in spirit...

telling myself it will be a great help to my stash busting cal..right??

I only got one of the January squares done - I had too many other projects in the works. I thought I was going to frog it because it had a tendency to ripple (earlier post), but I sewed it experimentally between the other two squares I had done, and it's going to be ok.

These are nice squares this month- I've printed out both of them. I'm nearly finished with a lapghan that I will be unspeakably happy to be done with, so that's first, but then I'll get these done.

I'm doing them all in yellow, not a color I would normally choose for much of anything, but I had a couple of Caron One Pounds in jonquil I need to use up. At least it will be cheerful and sunny at the end!

Ok I finally am getting around to posting the pics. Haven't had much time to do more squares. Friend had carpel tunnel/trigger finger surgery on Monday and have had to "friend sit". Worked on a baby ghan that is a more or less brainless pattern.

My lace one is a bit funky... I know it has booboo's..so not sure what I will do with it. I have some other yarn I may pull out for this project too so I may re-do it in the other yarn..or not :lol

post-35596-135897623905_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897623907_thumb.jpg

post-35596-135897623909_thumb.jpg

Mary, maybe your lace square would work after blocking?

I finished the first Feb square yesterday while visiting my sister and chatting. I'm going to work up the second one this morning before the kiddos wake up. At least that's the plan, lol. No pics though, my camera needs new batteries. :)

Archived